Attending: Joejoe, Dutch, Catbird, Andi, Carter, Conway
- Retreat agenda
- Retreat food
- Andi to organize a quote from flow
- Musings content due by 10th
- Retreat stuff - Treat to write
- Census reminder - same content
- Leadership form - same content
- Reminder to leads to fill out afterburn - Carter
- Use email@example.com
- IPA retreat update
- Tech tutorial on 10/4/2016
- Retreat stuff
- Andi to bring post its
- JoeJoe to bring markers and pads/easel
- Bring your own snacks and alcohol
Attending: Dutch, Conway, Joejoe, Carter, Andi, Catbird, Jess, Legal
- LLC discussion with Legal
- Legal recommends one LLC and 3 sub committees
- Can we delegate signing authority: yes, and can place limits
- Should we have contracts with the planning committees: probably
- Define limits clearly in operating agreement at LLC level
- Get back with Legal with details about what we might need
- Term limits: have them? don’t? Details?
- Suggestions were just thrown in based on other examples
- We should look at term limits at retreat and discuss
- Need to keep bringing new blood in
- Multi state operation concerns
- Double liability, does this exist for people on BoD and PC?
- What is specific liability of PC members
- LLC would indemnify PC members
- LLC assets looked at first, this is why we have liability insurance
- LLC operating agreement stipulates indemnification
- PC members should be on the D&O insurance
- Operating agreement
- Partner guideline discussion
- Legal says no legal issues but bad policy to allow partners
- Should have list of criteria for qualification to the board
Attending: kurt, dutch, joejoe, Andi, catbird, carter
- Still need one more liaison
- Jellyfish can’t come, JoeJoe to check if he can skype/hangout in at some point
- Meeting with Legal: Re: structure & Liability - next Monday?
- Reminder for retreat tasks: cards, labels, etc
- Retreat agenda and food docs
Attending: Joejoe, Carter, Andi, Catbird, Jess, Dutch, firefly, Kurtal
- $20K post event
- Interested in multi-year contract
- Discuss pros and cons, strategies by and at the retreat
- +1s for the Retreat/Headcount
- Our current “Partner Guideline” (for lack of a better term)
- Need to further think on best practice
- Leaning towards disallowing partners to be on same LLC
- Need legal counsel- should partners be on same LLC?
- Not allowing dual liability for individuals
- Also legal counsel for mentioned LLCs with head LLC
- Treat to set up video call with Legal, doodle poll
- Afterburn Team Lead Reports
- Due by 1st of October so we have time to review before the retreat
Attending: Kurtal, Joejoe, Conway, Dutch, Andi, Carter, firefly, Catbird, Jess
- Need to speak about legal structure options (LLCs and such)
- Details handled at the retreat
- Musical Chairs (who goes where?)
- Liaisons for Tfus:
- We need four
- Possibly move one over to Tfus
- IPA/SPF7 - BOD reps:
- Takes effect at the Retreat?
- Yes, structurally, but we have a while to work on the legal stuff.X
- Should we keep the BoD LLC and create 3 new LLCs for the PCs
- Let’s schedule a convo with Legal after the retreat
- Need to figure out work commitment for BoD. 1 meet a month? More during or before burn season?
- Email titled “Retreat Rental Options”
- Post-burn reports/team lead feedback
- DO IT NOW
- Afterburn form needs finding from last year, to be cloned and adjusted for this year
- Be sure and talk to team leads on phone before retreat, but really as soon as possible
- Tell leads to fill out the form by Oct 1
- Mid-Atlantic Leadership Conference in DC
- November 10-12
- IPA is involved
Attending: Andi, Carter, Conway, Treat, Kurtal, JoeJoe, Firefly, Jessamyn, Catbird
- “Bomb threat” email
- Neighbor’s email concerns
- Need better sign for high road
- Need some sort of car-blocking thing (chain, rope, fence)
- Nudity should not be allowed before the deerfields sign
- No foul language signs before the owl gate
- Treat to respond
- Add info about effect of these things to survival guide
- Do we create a planning group for Transformus?
- IPA retreat is September 16th-18th. They may need structure info
- JoeJoe’s first pass at role layout
- We can’t have a hard cut over to new format. Need to transition over next year into it and train up new folks for Tfus
- Transformus Liaison Suggestions/Structure Requests:
- Dates for the Retreat Poll
- It’ll be Oct. 20th weekend
- We WILL all be on site on Friday
- Jessamyn to order
- Not small cards
- Don’t forget envelopes
- NO GLOSS on the inside
- Kurt to do labels
Attending: Collette, Carter, JoeJoe, Kurtal, Dutch, Conway, Jess, Catbird
- Carter to double check on the repeaters
- Vote: Approved up to $350, find cheapest option
- Conway is going to get ouija the money and respond
- Several large camps are offering showers to members
- Grey water is an issue, and we don’t want it dumped into the watershed
- Let’s tell theme camps they need to figure out how to deal with the grey water
- Have DCP send an email. We can draft as needed.
- Attention theme camps, this is a gentle reminder that Transformus is an LNT event. LNT includes grey water of all kinds. If you plan on having a kitchen or shower at Transformus then you need to have a solution for hauling out your grey water. Biodegradable soap still constitutes a trace, and our land owner has always requested that no soaps be used in or around the lakes.
- Pallet pick up (see email)
- Approved provided person take all pallets and not be picky
- State - needs to be a list of states
- Gender - drop down options: Male, female, non binary, other
- Money - use bands of $s
- Include 11th principle
- Remove future volunteer question
- Future of Transformus/location+size
- Open camping/ theme camps - Ease of open camping
- Prescheduled burn events
- What can we do better?
- Put on website something like transformus.com/census
- Release as soon as burn is over, take down 10/1
- Team Lead AfterBurn Reports:
- 3pm for on site meetings every day starting Monday
- Radio expectations:
- Bring a pad/paper
- Sign up for your BoD shifts on the website!
- Participant Email Response (Treat)
- Team lead tix
- Ignite Ticket reimbursements -
- Remind deerfields about not locking cabin
- Walk through with deerfields
- Wristband count with deerfields
Attending: Kurtal, Carter, Dutch, Collette, Catbird, Andi, Jess
- Fixxer cooking for volunteers. Decision?
- Kurtal to email him to make clear that he needs to honor processes; talk to DCP/Art Team about placement
- His MAD grant was for preexisting art, but wants to put money into volunteer food.
- Team leads need to buy their tickets.
- JoeJoe emailed all leads to remind them. Gave date of July 1st. Technically they have till July 8th. Absolutely no later than that though.
- The IPA has spoken, individually. Next steps?
- IPA to talk amongst selves, then meet with BoD reps to help facilitate their decision
- Potential meeting at Transformus
- Make Lost & Found a Rangers responsibility?
- Collette to take responsibility of items post-event
- Transformus and Deerfields are finished with legal case
- BoD meetings on-site at Darkstar cabin, 3PM starting on Monday.
- Carter will create a binder will all pertinent legal information to keep in BOD hands and one on stage
Bod shifts: kricket took the 12-8am Sunday shift. Also Jordan La Liaison took 3 shifts, and one is set up as primary? Mistake? That seems like too many for an SPF. Conway has 6 shifts and Collette and Jess have 4, FYI. <<--Collette took the shift that Jordan was primary for.
Attending: catbird, collette, dutch, joejoe, jess, firefly, conway
- BOD shifts for Tfus
- Landing Pad issue
- We need proof and documentation from deerfields that he approved
- They can come in before lease (not monday) if deerfields approves
- Treat to see if pre-lease entry is ok, and verify with deerfields
- JoeJoe to send response to Tigress
- If staying till tuesday, must do monday volunteer shifts
- Prohibit entry due to DVPO, quorum votes yes
- Not “banned”, just can’t come due to restriction as it’s not possible to abide by the order
- Treat to email
- BoD has never said we do not allow burns to post
- We DO delete spam and commercial posts
- Policy should be that we do not prevent burns to post but may generally delete commercial, for profit, spam, and similar posts
- Specific incident
- Newsletter content
- Waiver (joejoe)
- In and out guide again
- Carpool again
- Gate hours again
- Volunteer again
- Art burn not happening again
- Deliveries for tfus (joejoe)
- Indemnify tfus from any damages due to towing/pulling participant vehicle
- Collette to type something up
- Treat to send to lawyer
- Print some to have on hand for tow team
- Email all ticket holders to volunteer
- Catbird check email count for month
- Let’s do it
- JoeJoe to send emails and content over
- LoF death
- Deliveries to tfus for participants
- Require large deliveries (like wood, straw, propane) to happen on Tuesday
- DCP can email theme camps about this policy
- Post in facebook group about this also
- Newsletter also (joejoe)
- Take out “Branding” from list of funded art in BtB?
- Signage stuff
Attending: Andi, Catbird, Conway, Treat, JoeJoe, Jessamyn, Carter
- BOD shifts for Tfus (Conway)
- Will wait til Collette gets back to help her sort out shifts.
- Ignite Insurance (Conway)
- IPA Email - advise & consent (Treat)
- Add a small bit of specifics
- Reference year round performance not just at event
- Need insurance for storage, for sure.
- Let’s get bigger storage unit. 50% bigger would be good.
- Canopy order, let’s do it
- Ship to Lead
- 2 or 3 for txfr stations, 4 for teams in budgets, lets order 7 total
- Team lead tickets (buy them by July 1st)
- Team lead shifts on website
- “Hidden” in sheet name, “LEAD” in tasks
- Synthesis Update
- Lease timing vs early entry (Conway)
- VH1 Track people with carpool guests with no shifts
- Do events on new website need admin approval?
- Gets like 100 generic ones for build team
- Order a few extra smalls for rangers
- Ask team leads for their sizes
- Sticker robot having issues. Will shop around
Attending: Dutch, Firefly, Joejoe, Conway, Carter, Catbird, Jessamyn
- Went smoothly, organizationally BORING
- No need for monday BoD shift (Monday noon to tuesday)
- Team Lead stuff from Ignite
- BoD Shifts at Transformus?
- IPA and SPF can pick up BoD shifts for experience. We will ask
- Bin to replace
- Metal frame for poles
- First Aid, Rangers, GTFIO, DPW, Sanctuary Paisleys
- Art Concierge team gets bandanas too
- bandanas for build teams (effigy/temple/lake), just logo and no words. Order extras of these
- Order extra logo only bandanas to have on hand
- Let’s see if we can ship tshirts/bandanas to someone in Asheville
- Sizes - is there a standard distribution?
- In and out guide (JoeJoe)
- Sticker Ticket winner (Jess)
- Carpool carpool carpool (repeat article)
- Ice sales final update? (Jess)
- Ice sales donation from this year article (treat)
- Submit events! (artina)
- No art burn- (conway)
- IPA personnel issues (Treat)
- Team Budget updates (Conway)
- Ignite Travel Reimbursement separate check
- Website interlude
- MAD Grant update (firefly)
- $5.5k in MAD grants
- Skeleton approved by quorum
- Floating temple clarifications (Conway)
- Burn it on the lake, not on burn field
- Conway send article to Artina
- Needs updating post burn and pre-retreat
- Basic information about operating agreements
Attending: Dutch, Catbird, Carter, Conway, Andi, Kurtal, joejoe, firefly, Jessamyn
- Catbird is not making it to Ignite :-(
- Oujicat is making us BoD laminates
- Thursday 4pm - BOD Meeting
- Friday - Meet with your teamz
- Carter is listing all leads and board members +roles
- Ticket / sticker winners?
- Winner is “Growth” for both the sticker and ticket design
- Order sooner rather than later, 3000 of them
- Firefly to fill out credit auth form
- Order wristbands, 3000 with numbering
- Last time we used blue, prior year green
- Also order a single pack of under 21 bands (same as last time) with numbers. Yellow bands
- Budget follow up (firefly)
- All BoD should note which leads showed up at Ignite
- Tow team
- Parking updated budget
- Drummers in discussion
- Logistics want to inventory the existing gels at Ignite
- Structure meeting at ignite?
- Thursday after BoD meeting
- BoD meeting @ Last Camp, 4PM
Attending: Joejoe, Catbird, Carter, Andi, Collette, Kurtal, Jessamyn, Dutch, Firefly
- Can medical go home at darkish monday?
- Group says there is no need for overnight medical on monday night.
- Missing budgets: Rangers, DPW, Disability
- Will use estimated amounts from last year
- Town hall topics and methods
- Not going to list all teams and leads
- Have list of leads available / printed
- IPA and SPF have time to talk
- Short and sweet overall
- IPA and SPF first
- Who we are individually
- Teams we support
- All leads for that bod stand up for recognition
- Donations recap
- Volunteer system, waves, process (joejoe and liz)
- Burning year round (Kurt) (general at TH, more specific at playform)
- Danger at burns
- Team announcements
- Q & A time
- Ignite Arrival/Departure Times
- Thursday 4pm - BOD Meeting
- Friday - Meet with your teamz
- BOD Shifts (begins at noon on day listed)
- Wed - JoeJoe
- Thu - Kurtal & Andi
- Fri - Treat & JoeJoe
- Sat - Carter & Jessamyn
- Sun - firefly & Collette
- Mon - Conway
- Saturday 4-6pm, Town Hall
- Sunday 1-2pm, Transformus Structure Playform
- Last Camp
- Need to get leads names on website
- Lease - security personnel must be on property for entirety of lease
Attending: JoeJoe, Carter, Treat, Kurt, Jess, Catbird
- Tshirts and bandanas? (have teams asking)
- Rangers, First Aid, Paisleys, Backdoor Brigade, GTFIO station, get shirts
- Everyone else bandanas
- JoeJoe to pull shift numbers for bandana order
- Newsletter deadline
- Calendar review
- Giving away money
- UC/carts/radios quick update
- Communication standards
Attending: Dutch, Kurtal, Andi, Collette, Joejoe, Carter, Catbird, Jess, firefly
- Tickety McTicketFace Situation
- Should we include the funny ticket design?
- We need to make sure the voting takes place on the website -- not on Facebook
- It takes place on a separate form, but the place people see the info is usually facebook
- Ranger training at Deerfields
- Good to have training where event will happen
- Treat to ask deerfields if he is ok with it. If no charge then we are ok
- Review cart/UC/radio order
- Other people can rent from same place and have delivered, Tfus NOT responsible for them.
- Sunday drop off
- Wednesday pick up
- Need to check and see how much $ to have someone watch the parking lot over tuesday night
- Master Budget
- Missing some budgets still
- Snacks, is VC handling this mostly or each team individually?
- Ignite reimbursement? How to handle?
- Effigy, temple, lake announce? (JoeJoe)
- In and out process (joejoe)
- Ice sales (Collette & FYB)
- Radio? (JoeJoe)
- Sticker/Design voting if timeline allows (Jess)
- Ticket voting (Jess)
- Survival guide (Kurt)
- Sound policy update (DCP & firefly)
- Art grant announcement (firefly & Art team)
- Removing lake stage station
- Upgrading burn field station
- Txfr Station use
- Till 7 use all stations
- 7 to 9 reduced stations, cars gtfo
- 9 to midnight, no cars, parking haul only
- Greeters move to parking at 9pm
- Need help telling cars to get out thursday and Friday
- Need help getting gtfio stamp process out during exodus
- Waiver, edit? Good to go? Post it? Link?
- Treat to get it to webteam
- Storage Unit - insurance, coverage amount
- Fire chief meeting with Deerfields Wednesday.
- Catbird will not be at Ignite! due to work.
- Bod time at Ignite thursday 4pm
Attending:Carter, Andi, Kurtal, Catbird, Treat, Conway
- Ticket sales recap
- Budgets, get 'em
- Team leads have one more week to buy ignite tix
- Volunteer shifts on site
- Need to add lead shifts
- Still wave 1
- Synthesis and land search update
- Possible land agent? Group is ok with this
- Structure / future of tfus
- Town hall
- Shorter town hall, less calling out of team leads
- Combo with IPA
- Effigy - working on it, temple/lake = yes
- Golf carts, BoD needs to pass form to leads
- Sound policy, DCP needs to figure out methodology and get it in the next newsletter
- Argonath: Amplified Sound 8am until 11pm
- Avalon: Amplified Sound 8am until 2am
- Eden: Amplified Sound 8am until 11pm
- Elysium Amplified Sound 8am until 2am. Restricted sound til 8am,
- Narnia: Amplified Sound 8 am until 11pm
- Nutopia: Amplified Sound 8am until 11pm
- Paradise Plateau: 24 Hour Amplified Sound
- Shangri-la: 24 Hour Amplified Sound
- Valhalla: 24 Hour Amplified Sound
- Xanadu: Amplified Sound 8am until 4am. Restricted sound til 8am
- Bod duty shifts for Ignite
- 2 people per shift, 24 hour shifts, noon to noon
- Liaison should be on at same time as full BoD
- 1 on wed/thurs, 1 mon/tues
- Wed- JoeJoe
- Thurs - Kurt, Andi
- Fri - Treat, JoeJoe
- Sat - Carter, Jessamyn
- Sun - firefly, Collette
- Mon - Conway
- Let’s do BoD tfus shifts at Ignite
- Ignite BoD meeting
Attending: Joejoe, Carter, Dutch, Andi, Kurtal, Conway, Catbird, Firefly
- City planning on board, camp is to apply for a permit, the camp must have their own decibel meter
- Elysium Fields
- Ideas and thoughts from the GLC
- Emergency documents/ICS Training
-Approved for working on a plan, emailing ESD teams, meeting in person at Ignite
- Talk with Ra$pa (Treat)
- Survival Guide
- Carts and Radios
- Get numbers to Carter by the end of April
- Need to test radios beforehand again
- Same amount of carts, probably
- More UC, trailers, and radios
- Michael Verdon for Temple
- Michael Mooney to be asked to do Effigy
- Wintersun for Lake Burn
- Does it require a license? Does he have one? In NC
- What is the risk of infection?
- Probably considered body modification which is regulated
- Consensus: don’t fund
- We would love to see this at transformus but due to potential legal risk and possibility of this art being seen as a regulated form of body modification in North Carolina we cannot directly fund this art grant. We would highly encourage you to reach out to the community to help fund this project.
- Ticket calculation for round 2 update
- Team data, access and storage
- If BoD are not creators, we run the risk of losing the information
- Can make copy of doc
- Cont. through email
- Playforms close April 20th
- Send specific legal questions pertaining to running of LLC to Legal which arose from GLC
Attending: Andi, Collette, Treat, Kurtal, Catbird, Jessamyn, Conway, JoeJoe
- Synthesis update
- Ticket sales recap
- Vote: yes, no, yes, yes, no, yes, yes, no. Yes wins
- Drop for next year
- Can go to $50 a month for bandwidth, or try a static/splash page
- Lets try splash first, see how it goes
- Volunteer set up for Tfus
- BoD will look at it themselves and use the guide to figure it out
- Release teams once prior “tier” is filled to 80% (or so)
- VC putting together the tiers of teams
- New First Aid lead
- Picture removal request
- That picture is from the very spot of JM incident
- Let’s remove that particular pic
- Update Team Description
- Inventory pre check
- In the works, should be during April.
- Due in april
- Firefly needs to send info
- Calendar check
- Afterburn report status
- Kurt working on it over easter
- Next meeting 4/11/2016 @ 8pm
Attending: Joejoe, Dutch, Carter, Jess, Kurtal, Collette, Andi, firefly, Catbird
- Transformus community town hall? Mysterian town hall?
- Need to change focus to be community oriented and less listing team leads
- Team lead codes (you know what to do)
- Treasurer Meet up (firefly)
- Each burn will have their own acct. Firefly/conway oversee all.
- Mileage reimbursement for treasurer travel, group approves
- Group approves getting some finance software
- Treasurer roles and responsibilities file is in Financials folder
- Aim for mid to late april
- Call to discuss beginning of May
- Will have our first meeting on Mar 17 at 7pm
- Ignite! Update
- TITS Coleads
- Maybe Shimmi...Maybe Mama Skyote; will also liaise with VC to consider collaboration
- Ticket reminder
- Theme camp registration
- effigy/temple/lake burn extension
- ticket/sticker design contest
- Good designation of roles and responsibilities
- Two-pronged planning around land/search
- 1 - Continue strategizing on communication with “The Family”
- 2 - Starting to plan around potential alternate land
- Next meeting 3/21/16 @ 8pm
Attending: JoeJoe, Dutch, Carter, Conway, Firefly, Andi, Catbird,
- everything is copasetic!
- coleads are picked and signed up
- If driving golf cart while intoxicated: 1st offense- privileges of carts revoked. 2nd- ejection
- <details removed for privacy>
- Deerfields Legal Fees (Treat)
- Extend Temple & Effigy app deadlines? (Conway)
- Yes, extend and push on social media.
- give till end of March
- put in newsletter
- it’s not a problem this year
- team lead lead info form
- next meeting 3/7/2016
Attending: Joejoe, Carter, Dutch, Andi, Firefly, Kurtal, Jess, Conway, Catbird
- Newsletter. Opt in? Auto?
- Newsletter topics
- Target dates for TC registration, sticker and ticket design?
- firefly to get webteam on it
- Tix announce
- Lake burn
- rerun effigy and temple (need to canvas on facebook also)
- waiting on deerfields.
- let’s be proactive and tell him we’ll send legal fees. waiting on $ amount
- Proper ways to discuss with the community at large/other leads when they ask about leads who were not asked to return to their position.
- We need to make sure we tell leads who aren’t returning this fact early on to avoid problems and hurt feelings
- if we move team leads we need to check in with team who is losing a person and make sure everyone is ok.
- we should give team leads feedback more systemically and share feedback with each other.
- Let’s formalize a post event feedback session in some way. Want this done before the retreat
- an interview with our leads between end of event and retreat is vital
- October conversation to figure the formalization out of the post interview process
- there is a big difference between someone who is a danger/problem and someone who just didn’t do a good job
- advisor should make other burns aware of concerns with team leads
- Burns are welcome to choose own team leads, advisor will advise if there are any concerns. Advisors should make sure they are informed of who is being chosen.
If someone is a danger we may need to veto them.
- First Aid budget- do we want to buy a suction unit (portable device for clearing the airway of blood, saliva, vomit, water)? Cost is ~$570. Also there are supplies that need to be purchased before Ignite. Whose budget?
- we should require our EMS vendor to have one.
- what does it need, how will it be cared for, are there upkeep costs. will it survive storage in the unit, what is maintenance schedule?
- worst case we buy one and put it in qualified person’s hand
- Other supplies. Have Pi talk with First Aid lead for Ignite
- consensus is we don’t want lifeguards. Exposes us to lots of risk and may increase risky behaviour
- post more signs around water
- need to be clear with the TC who wants to have lifeguards that Tfus cannot be associated in any way. They should understand the liability they are taking on
- Lawyer should be consulted on any language we use to tell the TC what they can / cannot do
- This is not about liability only, this is about a core principle of burning. Self Reliance and the responsibility for self that goes along with that. No action/activity of any type at our burns is ever monitored for individual public safety. In accordance with our core principles as burners we rely on the public to self monitor and be responsible for their own individual safety.
- We do monitor for group safety in specific instances of planned events such as our effigy burns. We encourage public and private safety at all times.
- We should encourage the TC to volunteer for rangers in a monitoring capacity
- we are working with our rangers to encourage additional presence in potential danger areas such as the lakes to allow for faster communication with emergency teams as needed.
- Shared calendar stuff in google calendar and how to handle
- we should use shared calendar
- structure rules and regulations convo
- we need to figure new structure out before the retreat
- perhaps a committee to figure this out
- committee: Kurt, JoeJoe, Carter, firefly, Conway, Nugget, Abi
- getting each burn their own acct
- changing to accrual accounting format
- may need to change fiscal year
- Next meeting 2/22/16 @ 8pm
Attending: Dutch, Andi, Conway, Carter, Firefly, Jessamyn, JoeJoe, Catbird, Kurtal
- afterburn. We should reassign ownership. Kurt? Treat to reach out.
- firefly will have financials ready shortly
- firefly also willing to help with afterburn
- use same format as last year. Everyone update their own teams.
- Ice donation still needs to be made
- let’s aim for by end of March.
- Treat reached out to the school last year, will do so this year
- firefly to update filing
- Team leads needs:
- Carter - logistics -
- Andi - ESD and Ranger lead
- JoeJoe - Tow Team
- Firefly - Signage:
- Sanctioning - Treat working on it
- Carter is on the charter, took on Moon’s teams
- Lease update
- waiting on physical signing in near future
- March 20th @ 4pm, April 13th @ 8pm
- ignite is Feb 7th and March 7th
- Ranger lead?
- group is OK with turtle being Ranger lead and ESD.
- Overall structure conversation timeline
- let’s spend some time at Ignite on Thursday before event
- Let’s find some time for a call prior to ignite and discuss
- Joejoe and Andi to let other burns know we will be making changes and working it out
- Team leads need to fill info form out. ASAP
- don’t forget ignite reimbursement
- “Consent” committee update:
- Vespa needs the ordinance info from Henderson county
- who is going?
- facebook event for housing options, let JoeJoe know
- are we paying for Ignite and Synthesis tickets also?
- lets offer scholarship to each sister burn. 2 per burn. Covers registration and travel costs at $500 max travel.
- next meeting 2/8/2016 @ 8pm
Attending: Dutch, Carter, Conway, Kurtal, Andi, Collette, JoeJoe, Jess, firefly
- Okay for him to move to Synthesis?
- did moon talk to lead? (unknown, doubtful)
- Treat to find out if Moon will still handle
- Moon needs specifics about issues
- Synthesis leadership
- upgrade google apps for work
- some users to remove or keep (each costs us $5 a month in perpetuity):
- Non-person users ($5 a month):
- “Automated Response”, (remove)
- Document Storage (used to transfer ownership of old docs as people exit),
- History Picture,
- Transformus Announcements (remove
- Google Groups/distribution list changes
- Documents/email ownership policy. Do we have one? As folks create and manage email and docs using transformus granted access, we need to be aware of liability for what is in the docs, as well as concerns with losing docs they create.
- JoeJoe- while this is a little ‘corporate” for my taste, i think something is needed. I don’t favor the whole “if you make it, WE own it” mentality, but co-rights to anything created within our gapps structure covers us.
- Team Leads info form. Get them to fill it out!
- This form can be found in our shared folder > Leadership Docs.
- Don’t forget to update your group emails
- Reminder about Ignite travel reimbursement for leads.
- Andi can you remind IPA that we are doing this again this year?
- Did we decide $25 or half or ticket price?
- Half ticket price. Will put in the team Tfus budget, team leads distribute amongst themselves
- It’s a “travel reimbursement”
- Ignite - we should have legal/financial situations continue to be run past the BoD.
- We need to see their budget at minimum. Prefer they run it past us before publicizing anything
- Andi to discuss with Ignite, send along their budget
- CPR is a go
- 3 year contract with no change in land fee
- want to start implementing art grants, need advice on 10-99s
- line in sand at $600, for Art Grants, not for contracted things like effigy/temple (providing we have receipts)
- all money comes from Tfus LLC, even if it’s through another burn. Need to be aware of concerns about artists getting money from more than one Tfus burn
- issues with their HOP, not really making it to the calls.
- going with Flow again
- Next call IPA has with Spirithaven, someone should bring up Marx death with them.
- 2 ways to deal. Issue 1099s to everyone, or wait till november (or after) and issue all at once.
- need to make sure art grants are worded and explained clearly in relation to 1099s. If artist receives multiple that TOTAL $600 then they get 1099’s even if individually grants are less.
- firefly to look into all this, update contracts and such
- Sales tax for all our burns?
- 0% for VA in 2015, 6.75% for NC in 2015
- Adoption of a permanent address.
- be good to not have to move the official address very often
- billing is separate from legal address
- needs to be checked regularly
- Treat to ask Lawyer. (Carter- for his non profit, used the lawyers address)
- could find a spot in asheville since we want to always have a BoD person there.
getting lost in a link loophole, we’ll need to call a local office.
- Changing legal forms/filing with North Carolina (whose responsibility?)
- Treat to follow up with lawyer
- conway - effigy/temple/lake burn applications
- JoeJoe - start doc for Synthesis announcement
- art grants
- 2016 BoD membership - firefly
- deerfields contract update
- group agrees present same contract as last year, new dates
- need to clear lake burn with them fo’ sho’
- no news (is good news!) Thanks, Obama!
- Next meeting 1/25/2016 @ 8pm
Attending: Carter, firefly, Jess, Andi, Collette, Conway, Dutch, Catbird, Kurtalicious, Moon
Topics: ...we are here...just working on adding the uber call
- 3rd burn name short list choice
- the doc
- The name Synthesis was chosen, unenthusiastically.
- The name will be given to the new planning committee and they can veto if they hate it. Conway will do this
- Related to below: my possible overcommitment to 2 burns (Conway)
- Conway will serve as a liaison to the planning committee along with JoeJoe
- 3rd burn leaders, where we at?
- Contact info in Google Admin
- Admin link
- See JoeJoe’s email for details
- We need team leads to fill out the new leadership form
- Logistics Team Lead Discussion (Treat)
- Moon would like documentation/specifics as to why we do not want to ask Slice back as lead so he will have a clearer picture when talking to him. This will be done over email (CC the BoD)
- Response to the recent DPVO (Treat)
- We cannot/will not ban someone for actions that happened outside the event.
- Moon will respond and let her know about our zero tolerance policy on violence, but it’s still early to be taking action. We can take another look after ticket sales, and email the person on the other end of the order.
- Collette will get in touch about sound rangers
- next meeting: 1/11/16
Attending: Carter, Firefly, Jess, Andi, Collette, Dutch, Catbird, JoeJoe
- Welcome new Liaisons!
- Former BOD members on firstname.lastname@example.org and on calls and at retreat - policy review.
- default policy should be exiting members are removed from lists, meetings, and retreat unless exception is made
- Invite only is allowed as needed, if there are tasks and such to finish
- we want the experience available of exiting members, how to retain?
- are there legal concerns with “lurkers” on email?
- being on the lists also allows access to all gdrive docs
- transition year is possible, for presidents and treasurer
- Final Policy: All exiting members are removed from lists, meetings, retreat.
- President and Treasurer are offered a transition year
- Invite only exceptions are allowed
- Learning the liaisons: how decisions are made
- quorum rules, majority = 4 members
- most decisions we ask everyone to vote, certain legal/financial/policy decisions may only be chartered members voting
- Should the planning committee have a say?
- if we allow that, we should set direction, theme, and guidelines.
- growing, large
- inclusive of all southeast and beyond
- Sound “good”, or pretty, roll off the tongue
- should be able to stand on its own, not include “burn”
- should not be overused or conflicting
- searchable, within reason
- let’s discuss again next meeting
- need to ensure gender balance
- Lake Accident final report
- Treat sent text to Legal, no response yet
- If Legal approves, then we publish
- Treat to update escalation docs
- we’ve allocated 2k for lake effigy
- we should mention Jay in the application
- we need deerfields’s buy in for lake effigy
- can still do dedicated art piece if not approved for lake
- need to set very specific criteria for the art, clean up, etc
- involve FRT in criteria setting
- possibility of “installation” instead
- Reminder, sort files in drive into shared folders (teams especially)
- Tfus Lead info form needs filling out
- Don’t forget to update your team group emails
- updates made to group emails
- all group “primary” emails now start with the burn name (eg Transformus.Parking@transformus.com). They ALSO have an alias that contains the normal version (eg Parking@transformus.com). This way when looking at them in Google Admin, all the email groups sort together properly, but people can still email to whatever version they want. Does not break or change anything.
- Going forward any new group emails should be created with this format, and aliased to whatever options are desired. Groups can have multiple aliases.
- Who’s confirmed for new Burn leadership? Have we received any more names?
- New Liaison’s new duties
- Need to get docs for teams available for liaisons
- Each liaison will need to manage a team and some tasks
- entails communication with teams, helping on site, being available, passing info
- T-shirt order
- Team SOPs
- Ticket Contest / Order
- Sticker Contest / Order
- Thank you cards
- started collecting documents
- we should send any records over to them.
- creating standard process
- committee needs new name, will bring ideas back to BoD in near future
- as part of SOPs, would be nice to have some sort of orientation for new liaisons.
- keep helpful tips and info as liaisons acclimate
- create onboarding info and docs
Next Meeting : 12/7/2015