Let's be honest... life is just BUSY. Our current lifestyle and culture thrive on busy-ness and often once we've gotten home from work or school or it's the end of the day for homeschooling moms & dads... we're just tired. We don't want to cook (okay, make that CARRIE does not want to cook.) Maybe you don't feel quite the same way, but you also have times when you just don't have much energy or you feel frustrated or burned out with the gluten-free diet. Well here you go. Over 100 super fast and easy gluten-free recipes just for you. With the help of some dear friends I've put together a go-to list with recipes that you can mix and match just for you. You have weeks and weeks worth of meals here. Need a meal plan? Pick five from the list and you're ready to go. Vegan meals, vegetarian meals, meat & potatoes meals, kid-friendly meals... whatever your dietary restrictions are there's probably at least 20 meals you can choose from on this list.
Many, MANY thanks to Clara Ogren and Cheryl Harris for offering their recipes, ideas, and insight. Also many thanks to Pema, Michelle, Kathleen, and Brooke, friends from the GLG facebook page, for offering their favorite quick recipes as well!
Gluten-Free Quick Meals 101: Over 100 super easy gluten-free meal ideas for when you don't feel like cooking!
1. Bacon and eggs. You can make each super fast in the microwave or traditionally on the stove! -- GLG
2. Scrambled eggs served over gluten-free toast or sauteed spinach. -- GLG
3. Microwaved baked potatoes with microwaved steamed broccoli and cheese. -- GLG
4. Baked beans served on top of microwaved baked potatoes. -- GLG
5. Tuna salad served on top of microwaved baked potatoes. -- GLG
6. Microwaved sweet potatoes served with ham slices and green beans. -- GLG
7. Deli rotisserie chicken with microwaved sweet potatoes and steamed green beans or asparagus. -- GLG
8. Gluten-free spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package directions and mixed with cooked garden peas, chopped carrots, butter, and parmesan cheese. -- GLG
9. Chicken salad made from leftover deli rotisserie chicken served on gluten-free crackers or toast. -- GLG
10. Fried eggs served on top of sauteed kale, onions, and mushrooms. -- GLG
11. "Leftover" omelettes -- omelettes filled with whatever veggies & meat leftovers you have in the fridge. -- GLG
12. Canned chili served over microwaved baked potatoes with shredded cheese, onions, and sour cream. -- GLG
13. Gluten-free pasta, cooked according to package directions and mixed with canned spaghetti or marinara sauce, and a bag of mixed vegetables. -- GLG
14. Cooked chicken breasts, diced and mixed with jarred pesto sauce, served over cooked brown rice. -- GLG
15. Cooked chicken breasts, diced and mixed with jarred salsa, served over cooked brown rice or tortilla chips. -- GLG
16. Cooked chicken breasts, diced and mixed with cooked garden peas and cooked, diced carrots, and cooked brown rice or quinoa. Add 1 cup hot gluten-free chicken broth over each serving for a quick and hearty. -- GLG
17. Corn tortilla quesadilla with black beans, cheddar, and sliced avocado. -- GLG
18. Corn tortilla pizzas with pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese. -- GLG
19. Cooked gluten-free pasta mixed with scrambled eggs, and finely chopped sautéed kale, and sliced cherry tomatoes. -- GLG
20. Quick Peanut butter or almond butter satay sauce over gluten-free pasta: mix together a few tablespoons of almond butter or peanut butter, gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, and a little sugar. Heat in a saucepan until pour-able and serve over cooked pasta with chopped peanuts or cashews. -- GLG
21. Sautéed zucchini with onions, olive oil, and ½ pound of high quality ground-beef. Need carbs? Serve over cooked gluten-free pasta or cooked brown rice. -- GLG
22. Quick tuna melt – Mix up a drained can of tuna with a few tablespoons of mayonnaise and a little mustard. Place on toasted gluten-free bread and top with baby spinach. Add cheese on top and place under broiler for 2-3 minutes or microwave for 30 seconds – 1 minute until cheese is melted. -- GLG
23. Cooked gluten-free fusilli pasta with garlic, parmesan cheese, and butter. -- GLG
24. Crudites with dressing: Chop a carrot, a green pepper, and celery stalk into sticks and dip in your favorite gluten-free dressing. For protein add a cheese stick or rolled up slices of ham or turkey. -- GLG
25. Snack dinner: serve ham, turkey, and cheese slices with gluten-free crackers. -- GLG
26. Stock up on canned Progresso Soups (lentil, manhattan clam chowder, split pea with ham, chicken corn chowder, hearty black bean, potato broccoli and cheese, new England clam chowder, creamy mushrooms, southwestern style chicken, southwestern style chicken chowder, chicken rice with vegetables. -- GLG
27. Gluten-free veggie burgers such as Sunshine burgers served open-faced on gluten-free toast or as a sandwich on gluten-free buns. -- GLG
28. Frozen stir-fry, saute 2 sliced chicken breasts with 1-2 bags of frozen vegetables. Serve over cooked brown rice. -- GLG
29. Store-bought or homemade hummus with cut-up fresh veggies or gluten-free crackers. -- GLG
30. Keep it old school: a gluten-free peanut butter or almond butter and jelly sandwich, with a sliced apple, and a cheese stick. -- GLG
31. Saute two sliced zucchinis with a chopped sweet onion and 1/2 pound of ground beef or sliced flank steak. Serve over fresh baby spinach or cooked brown rice. -- GLG
32. Brown 1/2 pound ground beef with cooked black beans, 1/2 diced sweet onion. Season with gluten-free taco seasoning and serve over a fresh salad with cheese and sour cream. -- GLG
33. Use browned ground beef mixture in 32. and fold into omelets or a gluten-free brown rice tortilla. -- GLG
34. Add 1 pound browned ground beef 1 diced sweet onion, 2 cups cooked sweet corn to a casserole dish. Top with prepared or leftover mashed potatoes. Dot with butter and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Serve with a salad. -- GLG
35. Make fresh or frozen ground turkey burgers and serve over a salad or baby spinach. Make a large batch of individual burgers ahead of time and freeze them. -- GLG
36. Gluten-free pancakes using Homemade master mix or GF Bisquick with gluten-free sausage. -- GLG
37. Mix 3 cups cooked gluten-free pasta with 1 jar of spaghetti or marinara sauce and 1 pound browned ground beef. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. -- GLG
38. Gluten-free french toast with scrambled eggs and sliced apples. -- GLG
39. Make a large batch of gluten-free meatballs and freeze them. Reheat meatballs over cooked brown rice, quinoa, or mashed potatoes. Serve with spaghetti sauce or pesto sauce. -- GLG
40. Brown 1 pound of ground beef and add a few mashed garlic cloves, 2 bags of frozen broccoli and serve over gluten-free toast or cooked brown rice. -- GLG
41. Prepare 12 ounces of gluten-free penne pasta and add a drained & rinsed can of white beans, 1 package of fresh baby spinach, and 2-3 tablespoons of butter and Parmesan cheese or a homemade non-dairy cheese sauce. -- GLG
42. Toast 2 slices of gluten-free bread. Add pizza sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, chopped green pepper, and cheese. Toast again under the broiler until cheese is melted. -- GLG
43. Easy 3 bean salad: mix together 3 different types of canned beans that have each been drained & rinsed. Add 1/2 diced green pepper and 1/2 a diced sweet onion. Pour a little Italian salad dressing over the bean mixture. Refrigerate and enjoy for a quick and easy cold meal. -- GLG
44. Veggie quesadillas: fill corn tortillas with chopped zucchini, black beans, mushrooms, cooked spinach and a little cheese. cook on griddle until cheese is melted through. -- GLG
45. Quick mexican salad: drain and rinse 1 can of sweet corn kernels and 1 can of black beans. Quarter 20 cherry tomatoes, mix all together and serve. -- GLG
46. Lunch lettuce wraps: place large leaves of iceberg lettuce on a place and fill with sandwich ham or turkey, cheese if desired, mayonnaise, mustard, sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, etc... wrap and eat! -- GLG
47. Refried beans spread on a corn tortilla and heated for 30 seconds in the microwave. Add chopped turkey or ham and top with cheese or Daiya cheese substitute. -- Clara O.
48. 90 second curry - heat up a 90 second microwavable curry (available in the Indian or International section of your grocery store) and serve over 90 second microwavable brown rice. Serve. -- Clara O.
49. Frozen vegetables (the 'steamable' kind in the freezer) heated according to directions and served over gluten-free pasta or cooked brown rice. Place cooked chicken or sliced ham or turkey over the vegetables. -- GLG
50. Boiled eggs, sliced and served on gluten-free crackers with salt and pepper. -- Clara O.
51. Protein wrap: place sliced boiled eggs, cheese, salt & pepper on slices of turkey or ham. Wrap and eat. -- Clara O.
52. Smoked oysters on gluten-free crackers with mustard. -- Clara O.
53. Quick egg salad: dice up boiled eggs and mix with mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and relish. Serve on gluten-free crackers or toast. -- Clara O.
54. Peanut butter or almond butter on sliced apples or bananas. -- Clara O.
55. Peanut butter or almond butter spread in a gluten-free wrap with banana slices and raisins. -- Clara O.
56. Hummus spread on lunch meat with sliced cucumbers and rolled up as a wrap. -- Clara O.
57. Gluten-free pepperoni slices and cheese slices on gluten-free crackers -- Clara O.
58. Pre-cooked, peeled & diced sweet potatoes served sprinkled with goat cheese and roast beef slices. -- Clara O.
59. "Sick soup" - 2 cups heated gluten-free chicken broth with 4-5 tablespoons potato flakes stirred easy. Very easy to digest and very comforting. -- GLG
60. Gluten-free penne pasta, cooked and tossed with a few tablespoons of olive oil, garden peas, cooked and crumbled bacon, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. -- GLG
61. Pre-cooked, diced butternut squash, toasted walnuts, dried cranberries. Tossed together and drizzled slightly with honey mustard dressing. -- GLG
62. Canned pinto beans, heated and served with chopped onions and either gluten-free cornbread, or simple gluten-free toast. -- GLG
63. Cooked/rotisserie chicken, add a little mayo/mustard/relish for a chicken salad. Serve on crackers or in lettuce wrap, or on top of salad. -- Clara O.
64. Cucumber boats: cucumber cut in half and middle scooped out, filled with lunchmeat, mayo, etc. -- Clara O.
65. Mini pizzas - sliced bread, loaf, etc, spread with tomato sauce, cheese or daiya substitute, pepperoni and onions, bake until cheese melts. -- Clara O.
66. Coconut or almond milk yogurt with granola, sliced/diced nuts and dried fruit. -- Clara O.
67. Chef salad—romaine lettuce, arugula or spinach, carrots, tomato, cucumber, peppers, etc. with leftover meat, cheese, a hardboiled egg, nuts or beans, with olive oil and vinegar dressing. - Cheryl Harris
68. Salsa soup-heat a can of salsa, a can of black or pinto beans, a 2 C thawed corn & add in some broth (Herb ox®, Imagine® and Pacific® ***). Serve w/ cheese (optional) &/or plain tortilla chips. -- Cheryl Harris
69. Bean and Tuna salad—Drained can of chickpeas, a drained can tuna fish, 1 C cherry tomatoes, 1/4 C feta (optional), 2 TBSP olive oil, 2 T balsamic vinegar or lemon juice. Sprinkle w/garlic salt &pepper. -- Cheryl Harris
70. Baby Greens Salad with Garbanzo Beans: 3 C baby green mix w/herbs, sliced avocado, ¾ C garbanzo beans, 1 C tomatoes, 2 TBSP pecans & Parmesan (optional). Mix w/1 TBSP balsamic vinegar/ lemon juice &1 TBSP of olive oil right before eating. - Cheryl Harris
71. Corn tortilla or lettuce leaf wrap with tuna, hummus, avocado, roasted veggies, cold cuts or cheese (Boar’s Head® meats and cheeses ***) lettuce, tomato, pickles, condiments**, etc. -- Cheryl Harris
72. Arugula salad: 2 cups arugula or spinach, ½ can salmon, ½ avocado, ½ chopped green apple & a few walnuts. Squeeze lemon on top right before eating. (keep the remaining halves for tomorrow) -- Cheryl Harris
73. Quick Black Bean Salad: Can of black beans, 2 ears raw sliced or 1 C thawed corn, 1 C tomatoes, ¼ C cilantro, a pinch of cumin and lime juice on top. -- Cheryl Harris
74. Hummus salad: hummus** with romaine, tomato, cucumber, red peppers or onion. -- Cheryl Harris
75. Quinoa & beans: rinse 1 C quinoa, cook w/ 2 1/4 C broth (Imagine®, Pacific®, Herb Ox®), add in 2 tsp of chili powder & 2 C black beans & 2 C chopped tomatoes. Serve w/lime. (several portions) -- Cheryl Harris
76. Baked salmon: put salmon on parchment paper on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with salt & pepper, & herbs (rosemary, thyme, tarragon, etc.) or slices of lemon. Drizzle w/ olive oil, bake for 12-15 minutes at 425°. Serve w/ steamed veggies. -- Cheryl Harris
77. Grill chicken, fish or shrimp and peppers, onions, zucchini, eggplant, yellow squash, mushrooms, etc. (many stores sell veggies pre-skewered) -- Cheryl Harris
78. Grill or broil steaks and serve with a baked plain or sweet potato. -- Cheryl Harris
79. Flounder, sole, red snapper: bake 4 filets with ¼ tsp of Old Bay® seasoning***, ½ tsp garlic salt, squeeze of lemon, a drizzle of oil, & a pound of frozen veggies at 375° for 25-30 minutes. -- Cheryl Harris
80. Brown 1lb ground turkey/lean beef & drain, or use 2 cans kidney beans. Add a can of tomatoes, 1 TBSP oregano & 2 C thawed corn. Simmer until done (about 15 min) & serve w/ brown rice. -- Cheryl Harris
81. Sauté ¼ C minced garlic w/ 2T olive oil for 1 min & add 1 C of white wine, simmer 2 min. Add 1.5 C cooked shrimp & 3 C thawed chopped broccoli, carrots, peppers, etc. & heat until warm. Sprinkle w/Parmesan cheese & black pepper, serve w/ quinoa, GF pasta or rice noodles if desired. -- Cheryl Harris
82. Baked trout with almonds: Sprinkle 4 trout fillets w/salt &pepper. Drizzle with 2 T oil&1 T lemon juice. Sprinkle w/ ½ cup sliced almonds. Bake at 400° for 20 min &serve w/seasonal veggie. -- Cheryl Harris
83. Hot dog with plain potato chips. (Hebrew National®, Applegate Farms®***). -- Cheryl Harris
84. Pour a large jar of tomato sauce over chicken pieces and cook at 350° for 35 minutes or until done. Serve with veggies and gluten-free pasta. -- Cheryl Harris
85. Steamed crabs (check seasonings) with corn on the cob. -- Cheryl Harris
86. Cannellini beans, tuna in olive oil (optional), drained canned diced tomatoes, a few Kalamata olives and a few fresh basil leaves. -- Cheryl Harris
87. Fajitas—Sauté 1 chopped onion & 1 sliced red pepper with 2 TBSP of oil. Add package of precooked chicken (Perdue’s Short Cuts®***) &Mc Cormick’s® fajita seasoning. Serve w/corn tortillas. -- Cheryl Harris
88. Prepare 3 cups instant wild rice. Add in 1 lb precooked chicken, a chopped apple, 2 chopped celery stalks, 1/2 cup of pecans, 1 Tbsp of honey Dijon mustard**, 1/4 cup oil and 3 T of balsamic vinegar or lemon juice. Mix. -- Cheryl Harris
89. Cuban Beans & Rice: Sauté 1 chopped onion in 1T oil. In 2 min, add chopped pepper, 2T minced garlic & ½ tsp chili powder. Cook 2 min, add in 15 oz diced tomatoes w/ juice & simmer 15 min. Add 3 C beans & heat until warm. Serve over brown rice, add seasonings & cilantro to taste. -- Cheryl Harris
90. Sauté garlic until golden. Add tofu, cooked shrimp or chicken and thawed mixed vegetables, &warm. Add several tablespoons of soy sauce &serve over rice/rice noodles (San-J /La Choy®). -- Cheryl Harris
91. Brown 2 GF cooked sausages (Applegate®, Trader Joe’s®’***). Add 2 C chopped green/red pepper &cook 2 min. Add 2 C corn, 1 C tomatoes, 3 C of cooked rice & 1 T Cajun seasoning. -- Cheryl Harris
92. Make rice noodles according to package. Add broccoli halfway through cooking or 2-3 minutes before the end, drain, and add a can of baby corn. Pour peanut sauce on top* (Thai Kitchen® sauces***). -- Cheryl Harris
93. Pan-seared haddock or other white fish (like tilapia) with lemon pepper seasoning and drizzled store-bought reduced balsamic vinegar. Serve with steamed veggies (like Steamables) with potato chips on the side. -- Kathleen Duquette
94. Quick crust-less quiche: Mix 10 eggs, little milk, salt, pepper, and thyme together. Pour into a large heated-cast iron skillet. Top with cheese, chopped leftover veggies (whatever you want to use). Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Favorite toppings on this are: chopped cherry tomatoes, green onions, and feta cheese. Serve with fruit smoothies or a salad. -- Brooke Ruzek
95. Butter Chicken: Cube 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, put in a large ziplock baggie with a little rice flour and a pinch of salt. Shake around. Melt butter or butter substitute in a large skillet. Saute or stir-fry chicken and serve over rice with vegetables or a salad. Super fast, easy, and yummy. -- Michelle Soruco
96. Add 1-2 cubed and cooked chicken breasts to 1 can of Progresso Creamy Mushroom soup and add 1-2 packages of steamed broccoli. Serve over 90-second cooked brown rice. -- GLG
97. Serve poached eggs over gently wilted spinach or argula with a side of crispy bacon and gluten-free toast or hashbrowns. -- GLG
98. Cook a box of gluten-free macaroni and cheese as make as directed. Mix in browned ground beef, peas & carrots, or green beans & chopped ham for a quick homemade "Hamburger Helper" type meal. -- GLG
99. Chocolate Protein Smoothie: 1 cup COLD coconut milk, 1 frozen banana, 1 tablespoon almond butter, 1 scoop gluten-free chocolate protein powder or 1 tablespoons cocoa powder. Pour into a blender and blend until smooth and enjoy! -- Pema Sony-la
100. Almond Banana Smoothie: 1 cup almond milk, 1 ripe banana (preferably frozen), 2-3 drops liquid stevia (if needed), 2 drops almond extracts, sprinkle of cinnamon, handful of ice-cubes. Optional: spoonful of ground flax, protein powder, or chia seeds. Pour all into a blender and blend until very smoothe. Serve and enjoy! - Clara O.
101. When all else fails, or just because you want too: Dinner at a restaurant with a GF menu (Uno’s®, Outback®, Bonefish®, PF Chang’s®, etc.) -- Cheryl Harris