SGA Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
12:00 p.m. CE 101
Call to Order: 12:03pm
Approval of Minutes: Members were given two minutes to review minutes from the October 30th meeting to be approved. North Star News moved to approve as distributed. Men’s Soccer Club seconded. Motion passed.
President – Tam Nguyen
Vice President – Sean Glaser
• Emerging Clubs Committee needs one club representative replacement . We will nominate and elect in New Business today.
Secretary – Taylisha Anderson-Clark
• Sign in at every meeting. Sign-in sheets will be given out 5-10 minutes before the end of the meetings.
Parliamentarian – David Pham
• Absent,. Report given by President, Tam Nguyen.
A-Team President – Luisa Salinas
• The next A-Team meeting is Monday, January 27, from 11:45am-12:30pm in SC206. We are looking to recruit a lot of students. There are a lot of events and activities taking place this semester.
• Upcoming Events:
Wednesday, January 15 – Go Nuts for Donuts – 8:30am-10:45am – Outside Library
Thursday, January 23 – Comedian, Samuel Comroe – 6:00pm – SC 200 (nachos served)
• Monday & Tuesday, January 27 & 28 – Coffee Bar for Evening Students – 5:30pm-6:30pm – Cyber Cafe
Night School Representative –Vacant
Victory Center Representative – Vacant
Greenspoint Center Representative – Michael Horner
• No Report
Staff Advisor - Dan Mitsven
• Reserve Fund Deadlines for Spring: are Friday, January 31 & Friday, March 28 – 4:00pm. The deadlines are fairly strict. The form is under Campus Links in LSC4ME. Clubs requesting funds should be doing what is required to earn regular club funds, instead of relying solely on the reserve fund.
• Involvement Fair is Wednesday & Thursday, January 22 & 23 from 11:30am-1pm in the Courtyard. Clubs that haven’t yet registered need to do so ASAP. The link to the Involvement Fair Registration form was not working, but is now fixed, and can be found under Campus Links.
Faculty Advisor – Dr. Shae Adkins
Staff Advisor – Dan Mitsven
• Mitsven was granted an additional minute to inform members that with Norma’s departure, the new position will be 75% housed in Rec Sports and 25% in Student Life. Dan will be go-to person for clubs. His office has moved to suite 202 in Student Center (Norma’s old office).
• No Old Business
• Nominations & voting for Emerging Clubs Committee - North Star News moved to open the floor for nominations for the Allocations Committee. Secretary (who?) seconded the motion. The following students were nominated:
Men’s Soccer Club moved to close nominations. Women’s Soccer seconded. Candidates were given one
minute given to share their qualifications with the membership. Nominees asked to leave the room during
voting. The new member of the Allocations Committee is Swemi Sanchez.
• Nominations and voting for Emerging Clubs Committee - ASAP moved to open the floor for nominations for the Emerging Club Committee. Geology Club seconded the motion. The following student was nominated:
Dan Mitsven moved to close nominations for Emerging Clubs and approve by acclimation. Soccer Club seconded. Motion passed., making Missy Echavarria the new member of Emerging Clubs Committee.
• President Tam Nguyen explained that this agenda item was added as an open forum for concerns, issues, and compliments around campus for students to voice opinions.
• No announcements.
Missy Echavarria moved to adjourn. ASAP seconded. Motion passed. Meeting adjourned at 12:33pm.