

Argo Workflows Contributor Meeting

Twice a month at 9:30 am-10:00 am Pacific Time

For exact dates, please see the [Argoproj calendar](#)

An opportunity for contributors and maintainers of [Workflows](#) to discuss their current work and talk about what's next.

[Join Zoom call](#) (recording will start automatically)

Note: you will have to sign in to Zoom to access the link

Important Links

- [Bug Triage process](#)
- [UI/UX improvements project board](#)

Potential future topics

Feel free to propose additional topics here:


- Argo Security meeting  Argo SIG Security Meeting

September 16th, 2025

Attendees

- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- Mason Malone (Adobe)
- Eduardo Rodrigues (Independent)
- Bradford Wagner (Blackrock)

Agenda

- <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/13546> - Brad W
 - SSO client certs - Mason will look at this PR
- Mason has a ticket to kubecon/argocon to present the workflows update 
- <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/14755#issuecomment-3299589708>
 - Prometheus metrics have periods in them in 3.7
 - Eduardo is going to look into this one

September 2nd, 2025

Attendees

- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)

- Mason Malone (Adobe)
- Adam Barcan
- Bala(intuit)

August 5th, 2025

Attendees

- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)

No-one else arrived in 5 minutes, so call ended

Agenda:

- 3.7.1 & 3.6.11 patches- Alan

July 22nd, 2025

Attendees

- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- Mason Malone (Adobe)
- Nicola Dardanis (Adobe)

July 8th, 2025

Discussed Kubecon US Atlanta 2025

Attendees

- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- Mason Malone (Adobe)

June 10th, 2025

https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/O0io_oGELazOOBBbC-nme6XiV7fmuKXMw3N-YyknzizUaN5g1jq6qaJA62A7JNx4.zUrwAeQLQKZ6UIYg?startTime=1749573035000

Passcode: #e=FJ2ms

Agenda:

- 3.7 items:
 - Sprig deprecation

- Alan is working on documenting how to update from the deprecated spring functions
- ALPN fun and games
 - 3.7-rc1 has the ALPN problem, and we don't have a solution to this yet. We discussed strategies and Alan and Mason will try and come up with something by the end of the week.

AOB:

- Discussed how docs changes usually go out straight away
- Discussed #14425: how the custom metric counter is implemented as an otel UpDownCounter which is probably why prometheus **types** it as a gauge.

Attendees

- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- Mason Malone (Adobe)
- Nicola Dardanis (Adobe)

May 27th, 2025

https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/JEIE4AUXhlahrDDzFTjR2Aj245_iWqHgOHOh6qoQz_BTILGOKBkKtgLqqWnjdN9.Yo0DE8SoFm3ib_iz

Passcode: K=7?G26d

Agenda:

- Kick of 3.7-rc1. Proposing Isitha Subasinghe leads this one
 - Generally agreed to do this

Attendees

- Mason Malone (Adobe)
- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)

May 13th, 2025

https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/t-_njyunmAugsEyeKLg18Llbs1pylivfhCs84CZR4aNxaOq96mIYsy10Qh4aLwip.ZOCAMTuaTCM3b538

Passcode: pQ0#JynG

Agenda:

- Mason, Nicola, Saravanan: discussed <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/14426>
- Mason is concerned about the breaking change for merge logic: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/14462>
- Saravanan and Nicola would add both operator and merge breaking change in one release

Attendees

- Mason Malone (Adobe)
- Nicola Dardanis (Adobe)
- Saravanan Balasubramanian (Intuit)

April 29th, 2025

<https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/ngwn13NKjXCbam8wOaijMuqY5iP2-v6qfxbE5LHVHcEA-lqWhqLLwG2gl3SW9M.EEZ56f7aFdAm0DgM>

Passcode: !bNm96V+

Agenda:

- Alan: 3.6.6 and 3.6.7 fun
 - 3.6.6 argo-events CVE
 - 3.6.7 has ALPN issue
- Alan: 3.7 Release Candidate
 - Will put together an issue page for this
- Alan: ALPN: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/14422>

Attendees

- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- Mason Malone (Adobe)

April 15th, 2025

<https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/kcyejLnNvmmNBPbxsT3rs-xAmY2PxbSQXL8UVkO4F4K1eqzAS8eW-3qb1nU5WVnE.djYPDCoEcfOrS1tp>

Passcode: DIU2^5fB

Agenda:

- Mason: Documentation links/previews
(<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/14364>)

Attendees

- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- Mason Malone (Adobe)

Mar 18th, 2025

https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/nG2iRX7vPEm-VggpsWNMyepGlqDJVtnQ6N4dzhdMfqIP7uVCuDwhvH0Hbj2ioL2.RNvjo064HHB_-tnc

Passcode: 0@X%EUz%

Attendees


- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- Mason Malone (Adobe)
- Saravanan Balasubramanian (Intuit)

Mar 4th, 2025

https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/AGppJ9mkgN1eiQCbly5uol-FXSC_vrm_jzCQN1GY5VOqPvYlhw1u-3Ws_3ywqWGU.6kitdKiyQWMD1AI3

Passcode: Hzw*9dK0

Agenda:

- Shuangkun: argo workflows project updates thoughts:


Attendees

- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- Mason Malone (Adobe)
- Shuangkun Tian (Alibaba Cloud)

Feb 17th, 2025

https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/XL0ygCGWsA46cG9HzBf0kkZFhX3S2slzuGAR6ed5Fj6Y9YihoMA3w3iFqOHm5C_q.XJcswopSh7co5Xz7

Passcode: laj05**d

Agenda

- Alan: Automating feature release notes:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/14155>
- Alan: Deprecate features for 3.7 - are we all OK with this?
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/14189>
 - Mason: Overlaps with <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/14197>
 - Remove Python SDK for 3.7?
- Alan: Project update talk for Argocon London - Shuangkun presenting if visa cleared. Anything people would like to include?
- Alan: v3.6.5 for ecr-login, and pod controller changes?
- Alan: publish a non-root executor, which doesn't cause security alerts

- The currently published argo-exec image runs as USER=0.
- Should we change this for 3.7?
- Would people be amenable to a second image being published which runs as a different user.

Attendees

- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- Mason Malone (Adobe)
- Bala (Intuit)

Feb 4th, 2025

https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/Sz0wwpbGpXfEbl3quQPibqeIFGGIQX12x04kXcnpb3iBPgpjZZmCgvKyd2WWDEec.N3OzyGJD_Fi1OmiS

Passcode: 0%8M5=+c

Agenda

- Alan: Enable this bot on workflows? It's used by argo-cd already. I'll do some documentation for it
<https://github.com/googleapis/repo-automation-bots/tree/main/packages/cherry-pick-bot>
- Alan: `/test` to run tests for the CHANGELOG.md updates

Attendees

- Alan Clucas / Pipekit
- Mason Malone / Adobe
- Yuan Tang / Red Hat
- Bala / Intuit

Dec 10th, 2024

https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/-RrWnGJiCEPSCFOiM0t7_Wr_S7oQSUUnY2Lf7Ysl39mKgi3HeaE5dVYOWcjQRz_QE.zgklCcc-vVoTTWfk

Passcode: !28mWawq

Agenda

- [fix\(ui\): improve markdown styles for workflow-row, workflow-templates, cluster-workflow-templates, and cron-workflows](#) (Steven Johnson - Procure)
 - PR handles markdown characters in the workflows components to prevent inconsistent sizing and a bad UI experience

Attendees

- Yuan Tang / Red Hat
- JM (Jason Meridth) / GitHub

Oct 28th, 2024

RESCHEDULED

Agenda

- Anton: 3.6 rc regression: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/13826>
- Anton: Cutting a minor now requires changing some versioned links in the UI + Docs
 - (I forgot about this last time we discussed it)
 - Similar to <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12462>
 - Go code should be dynamic now after <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/13455>

Oct 15th, 2024

<https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/aybGDAyXVTEU9xgMN3FI-RZLDZ-1Ia2Gk6wDaL5RazugykOVKN5XhZdwS3EXRcT.cTZNbDZChee5QUhU>

Passcode: =a\$.d^*9

Agenda

- Anton: 3.6.0-rc3 + stable
 - Bala: Before KubeCon?
 - Anton: would be great but don't think there should be a hard deadline or pressure on anyone, especially volunteers (like me),. Only changes half of one sentence of an announcement at KubeCon ("out already" vs "out soon" or "in a few weeks").
 - Mentioned [on Slack](#) as well and discussed in the [last meeting](#)
 - Bala: tested and stable is most important
 - Anton: still don't have that many RC users unfortunately for real world testing
 - List of things that need to get in, based on [3.6 milestone](#):
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/13410>
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/9989>
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12862>
 - All 3.6 specific docs changes
 - Been waiting on review for a while:
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12579>
 - The issue is also very popular.
 - It is a schema change so requires some deep review on how future features may interact with it
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12697>
 - 3.5 will still be supported, so backports and bugfixes, esp regression fixes, will still happen on 3.5 (and 3.6)
 - Anton: Archived API JSON performance still WIP and very good to have for 3.6, esp migrations: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/13601>

- Follow-up from [last meeting](#)
- Mason: GIN indexes in Postgres, functional indexes in MySQL might help? + JSONB
- Anton: Any migrations need to get into 3.6 if they take time (as that would need an important upgrading note)
 - Otherwise, if short can be backported
 - Anton: still add union index and remove subquery? Creating the index seemed to be quick
- Mason continuing to root cause it, may be that Workflow size (i.e. the size of the JSON blob) is the main factor, not labels
 - Anton: I would think so. Can definitely ask Ryan or other active users and occasional contributors for maybe a small dump of anonymized data if that would help
 - Original issue author [commented today](#) saying they have 1000+ tasks per Workflow and the 3.5.11 subquery optimization didn't help
 - Mason: Ryan's average size is also ~3x the test size
- Anton: lots of precedent and features for supporting large workflows, like offloading and Workflows of Workflows
 - WoW can solve lots of these issues
 - WoW support in the UI is a pretty straightforward, very popular issue and one often cited for not using WoW: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/6922>
- Adobe Stock team is doing a hackathon:
 - Sairam is working on <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/12124>
 - Anton - looks like a good one to start with, making query parameters apply to state
 - Anton: Best places to start are smaller surface area IMO, like less complex pieces of the UI, most of the CLI, the API's responses (not gRPC, not SSO), the Informers and queues of the Controller (not the operator loop, not retries, not templating), CronWorkflows, etc
 - Anton: Picking up [old stale PRs](#) can sometimes be easy too, much of the work is done but needs some iteration
 - Just make sure to credit the original author as co-author and reference their PR
 - Anton: Sometimes existing draft PRs only need a bit more, but they are probably on average a bit more complex. Ask the author if you can take it over
- Anton: Overview of some other [popular issues](#), most are very complex and don't have an approach ironed out yet or [have nuances](#) with [k8s security boundaries](#), a few not as complex like WoW UI and a few almost done like [ConfigMap Informers](#)
 - Mason: interested in [concurrency control](#), especially with 3.6 multi-semaphore features
 - [Removing SSO token exchange](#) is another popular one with some security and refresh token ramifications

- May make sense to remove some SSO features and just rely on Dex – can have a user guide for how to use it together if those features are needed

Attendees

- Anton Gilgur (Independent)
- Mason Malone (Adobe)
- Bala (Intuit)
- Sairam Arunchalam (Adobe)

Oct 1st, 2024

<https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/gO3g98SfLYAewUNhYE7s5TvdrbpLZIS7fOmPvkl7c93Q4iFbNR6QCMECtJImHq4.HbUz24EH9EFVCNb9>

Passcode: dF8b1*Fk

Agenda

- Anton: CronWorkflow expression unification:
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/13474#issuecomment-2347998579>, <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12305#issuecomment-2381625468>
 - Action Items: Add `cronworkflows.` + rename `condition` to `expression`
 - No breakage to old Workflows b/c it only affects CronWorkflows
 - Just need to migrate all CronWorkflows that use `stopStrategy`, then done
 - No concept of Archived CronWorkflows
 - Follow-up: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/13702>
- Alan: 3.6.0-rc2
 - One or more RCs after?
 - Feature freeze to .0?
 - Before feature freeze:
 - List of things we definitely want in
 - Can technically be after but similar timing:
 - List of 3.4 fixes we want in
 - v3.4.18 release
 - Before KubeCon?
 - Anton/Alan: would be nice
 - Anton: RC is already out, so it is only a matter of time before stable, should not artificially create deadline pressure for that
 - Last RC bakes – no features or fixes added, becomes .0
- Anton: Docs Versioning
 - Following up from previous meeting and discussions as well as [CNCF TechDocs Office Hours on Sept 25th](#)
 - Follow-up: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/13810> and
 - Remove stable? Use release-3.5 as a default – may not be possible

- Follow-up: stable [hidden](#)
 - release-3.6 permalink before?
 - Follow-up: [done](#)
- Anton: More eyes on <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/13601>
 - Make a decision on any potential breakage before 3.6.0
- Alan has been [nominated for Workflows Lead](#)

Attendees

- Anton Gilgur (Independent)
- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- Mason Malone (Adobe)

Sep 17th, 2024 (different time 18:00 Pacific Time)

[Canceled](#) due to [no APAC attendees](#)

Sep 3rd, 2024

https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/pAf7a7s9pyn4Lt7CIIHwBNLPIFqlgr5d9UhBKSjjiOLhTam_5OFzULwktJPKWmv8.Vf1GCtwAn4pHDMvm

Passcode: 5A*G37TC

Agenda

- Alan: 3.5.11?
 - WorkflowTaskResults fixes
 - Anton: yes have been wanting to get those in as well if we think they're all resolved now
 - Can go out before <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/13504> and [other 3.5 fixes](#) are merged
- Alan: 3.6 Release Candidate
 - Alpha (per [April question](#)) or RC moniker?
 - RC is fine, 3.5 is much more stable now, and not enough users testing RCs anyway
 - Blog post – Alan to lead, Anton to help (aware of all new features)
 - Anton: [3.6.0 milestone](#) *should* cover everything (I think I captured everything that pre-dated the milestone too)
- Alan: Versions in documentation (<https://cloud-native.slack.com/archives/C0510EUH90V/p1721656672337809>)
 - Still in impasse, but maybe we have a separate page on new features for every release, like the blog post, but heavily summarized
 - This doesn't *entirely* address the purpose of the version specifier as a mitigation for those who don't choose the version (which *will* happen, factually)

- Although it *might* make it more likely for people to choose a version? Maybe?
 - Asked Jarryd as convenient third-party
 - Jarryd expects Alan's variant
 - But also expects a summary of features, as Semgrep has, for instance:
 - [Curated by tech writers](#)
 - [Automated release notes](#)
 - Jarryd was not aware of k8s's docs having [version + maturity in-line](#) or that they had [a version dropdown](#) 😊
 - What are the cons to in-line version references?
 - Alan: Littering the docs, especially 2.x
 - Anton: Yea, we can remove those, so long as we leave the oldest version of the docs with them, since we don't have 2.x docs
 - Although users should definitely upgrade from 2.x 😊
 - Anton: k8s still has pretty old ones if I'm not mistaken
 - And they are more glaring since they use admonitions
- Anton: APAC Contributor Meeting (popped up since Alan said "see you in a month I guess")
 - Might be worth canceling and rescheduling back to the original time or a different time
 - Tianchu has not been contributing in a bit
 - If just Isitha and I, then we can meet separately, no need for an entire contributor meeting at that time
 - Follow-up [on Slack](#)

Attendees:

- Jarryd Lee (Semgrep)
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)
- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)

Aug 20th, 2024 (different time 18:00 Pacific Time)

Part 1:

https://zoom.us/clips/share/YZhfrZqDRMyN00L2aXHljz-4L0L_gsQnWvNeRuaSWkNjO5tIPrcRhRaANeYc63bcHywoQ.KoQ69WugTbvDK4Fw

Part 2:

<https://zoom.us/clips/share/fH4ID7HgCpgaJqgQO7VZsM9GhS6pki5nIYKKsHW0WuvubAwLp9KWwVvBTpzNP8J0njlCw.HpB1t1S70ZM0dfyp>

Agenda

- Mostly on expression templating

- allowing `nil` vs `hasLastScheduledTime`:
https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/13474#discussion_r1721277481
 - Can detect [`nil` in expr](#)
 - There are some [variables](#) where users could have nil or another zero value already and so should handle that in their expression
 - Other places just end up not resolving at all, which is confusing behavior, so may be better to improve anyway
 - Future: Statically validate whether `nil` was handled or whether a parameter will exist or common misspellings
 - Dynamic conditions will still need `nil` detection by user; dynamic label checks for instance – possibility the label doesn't exist
- Future of expressions: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/13471>
 - Expr only
 - No govaluate nor text/template or fasttemplate substitution
 - But may need text/template for the boundary between YAML strings and expressions
 - Simpler syntax – non-Helm
 - `\$` would only work for fields that are expression only, like `when`
 - Not for in-line templating
 - Should be consistent between the two for DX
 - Unresolved check will be necessary, not every case is static
 - CLI templating for better DX
 - Potentially have a “YAML with expr” library, where we give delimiters and variables and it does the parsing
 - Unresolved check would still need to be handled within Argo though, so complexity would reduce but some would still exist
 - Breaking changes must be incremental – backward-compat with at least 1 minor version prior
 - We must guarantee at least the standard case of upgrade from the previous minor in-place without having running Workflows break
- 3.5.3+ WorkflowTaskResult race conditions remaining:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/13373#issuecomment-2298192338>
 - OOM case and general Pod Errored/Failed but *not* deleted still not handled
 - If GC didn't happen (yet) then the Pod might still exist
 - Other cases? To fix the class of errors and not play more whack-a-mole
 - Would only `create` WorkflowTaskResults help this? Immutable WorkflowTaskResults, which helps fix a in-namespace security issue
 - No, might make the code simpler or more straightforward, but still have to be able to detect the error cases
 - Case where Pod failed to start-up and so no placeholder/incomplete WorkflowTaskResult was created?
 - I believe this was covered in Garrett's initial logic that created the placeholders, but not sure
 - Retry case? Errored Pod but handled by the user instead of the Controller

- I.e. “user-handled error” and not unhandled error
 - Might be a little complex to handle in code, but should be doable
- Also other symptoms can be mitigated by catching more types of errors in the executor code, but will always be some unhandled errors that the Controller must be able to infer
- Talking about random things and catching up – plz delete that part of the recording & summary
 - Also accidentally brought up my GH notifications which contained titles of vulns from different projects/places, would be good to delete that too

Attendees:

- Isitha Subasinghe (Pipekit)
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)

Aug 6, 2024

Recording:

<https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/8T1uZ1-hVFHK7YzQyUuBMRJ19pJn3-TycW62YmzV5Bq3siTth1jyvqbfwzvsfQM.iFoFxG7Uism-7Dr4>

Passcode: ?86iU&Cn

Agenda

- Terry, Anton: Security advisories
 - more eyes on them, Anton is leading
- Bala: Multiple semaphore [PR](#)
 - Bala to discuss with Alan
 - Deadlock concerns definitely important to hash out and careful review good
 - Otherwise, a few users and Anton and Alan both came up with the same general approach
- Terry: Add support for ppc64le: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/12449>
 - Would be another build of the container images for use on IBM platform
 - External repo in argoproj-labs similar to <https://github.com/nodejs/unofficial-builds/>
 - Anton, Caelan, Bala, Terry agreed with approach
- Anton: Australian time zone: no people showed up [last meeting](#), still keep? Once a month move to once every 2 months?
 - Isitha will be FT starting this month and will show up
 - Also trade-off is that it takes up the regular timeslot and EU folks can't make the Australian TZ
 - Punt and re-ask later if necessary
- Anton: last meeting's topics:
 - Stuck Workflows in 3.5 due to task completion races: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/13344#issuecomment-2228997883>.

- Alan and Isitha are working on a general case fix per:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/12993#issuecomment-2265837372>
- Alan and Anton came up with same approach that Controller should gracefully handle a completed Pod without a completed task (in short, assume some sort of failure)
- Compress nodes *in* the DB:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/13313#issuecomment-2217442091>
 - Substantially better metrics
 - Schema change, but is an additional column:
 - Will use the old column during reads if the compressed column is empty – backward-compatible
 - New rows will only use the compressed column though
 - Bala: breaking change?
 - Anton: not technically, since we don't expose the schema to users; it's not part of our public API
 - Bala: feature flag?
 - Anton, Bala: release in minor as a feature with a note about the new column
 - If user wants it in a patch, an implement behind a feature flag
 - PR was narrowed to offloading only, not archived workflows, but the same problem will happen with large enough archived workflows
 - Literally had a [slow insert reported on Slack yesterday](#)
- Archived workflows status field:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/13295#issuecomment-2218348570>
 - JSONB not performant enough (and only Postgres).
 - MySQL doesn't have materialized views and Postgres needs manual refreshes, so can't use materialized views at all for this purpose
 - Generated columns will likely cause a very long migration
 - Potential for more generated columns in the future as these are all fields used by the UI.
 - i.e. not necessarily sustainable, which is the main reason for it being a JSON blob in the first place
 - But retrieving the JSON blob is too slow for list queries also
 - Long migration should be gated behind a minor with an explicit release note
 - Means 3.5 is just slow then? Other approaches?
 - Generated columns will slow down writes too...
 - People complain a lot more about slow reads than slow writes though (reads are much more frequent and seem to be impacted even before Workflows get large)

- Jarryd: Pull JSON blob from S3?
 - Anton: All-in approach is hard due to lack of built-in indexes (other than Athena or other external indices that can be used multi-cloud):
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/4162>
 - Anton: But partial approach is not bad. Will still have additional latency from additional network retrieval from S3
 - Jarryd: Is it better than retrieval from DB though?
 - Anton: good question, although retrieving only pieces of the JSON instead of the whole blob was an optimization to fix a 3.5 regression with list queries. I.e. we have a perf regression from a perf optimization (one part faster, another part slower) 😞
- Bala, Anton: manually keep columns instead of generated ones?
 - Still has potential maintainability problems and insert problems, plus incurs a JOIN cost on reads if separate tables
 - This mainly just gets around the schema migration cost of generated columns
- Either need to go with some trade-off or figure out a better solution than no one's thought of yet 😞

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang (Red Hat)
- Bala (Intuit)
- Jarryd Lee (Semgrep)
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)
- Caelan Urquhart (Pipekit)

16th July 2024 (different time 18:00 Pacific Time)

No quorum - Anton and Shuangkun talked for a bit

- Workflow stuck after node failed due to low storage:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/13344#issuecomment-2228997883>
- DB performance:
 - Compress nodes *in* the DB:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/13313#issuecomment-2217442091>
 - JSONB or materialized view for archived workflows status fields:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/13295#issuecomment-2218348570>

2nd July 2024

Canceled

18th June 2024 (different time 18:00 Pacific Time)

- Regression in managed namespaces with SSO RBAC that affects all of 3.4 and 3.5:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/9989#issuecomment-2077933995>
 - It's been regressed for so long that fixing it would be breaking... should we do it anyway? Should we list it in the upgrade guide for 3.4?
 - Consensus: list in upgrade guide for 3.4, revert in 3.6 and list in upgrade guide
- Artifact repository as a library (any interest?)
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/pkg>;
 - Or a top level package in argo-workflows repo
 - Red Hat + IBM adopting Argo, want to use artifacts with KFP
 - Anton: not a bad idea, especially with artifact plugins in the future, to get it maintained by the community and used outside of just Argo
- <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12503>
 - Anton: storage space concerns:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12503#pullrequestreview-2004004741>
 - Anton: Storage space trade-off seems worthwhile, prefer determinism over storage. Treat storage as a separate problem to optimize independent of any one field
 - So only the [backward-compat](#) has to be implemented then
 - And whether to store pod names for all nodes or only pod nodes
- <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/8684>
 - Same as above in root cause (derived vs storage)
 - Anton: worth the trade-off too IMO, will get worse with multi-semaphore or multi-mutex or mutex + semaphore
 - Or, rather, is there even a fix without storage?

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang (Red Hat)
- Isitha Subasinghe (Pipekit)
- Tianchu Zhao (Atlan)
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)
- Shuangkun (Alibaba Cloud)

4th June 2024

- Meeting time to include Sydney, Australia
 - <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?p1=300&p2=224&p3=240&p4=179&p5=33>
 - Planning for next meeting at 21:00 Eastern (9am Beijing, 11am Sydney, no UK).
 - One off to see what happens
- Giscus removal (<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/13138>)
 - All agreed on removal

- Quality of PR descriptions - I feel they are often low quality and would like to agree to push back harder on them.
 - Anton: agreed
 - E.g. missing description might miss a root cause, which could be incorrect, which may lead to an incorrect or otherwise problematic approach (your rationale influences your changes)
- 3.4.17 erroneously included some 3.5 fixes
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/13043#pullrequestreview-2072217531>
- GH rulesets and optional merge queue:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/12746> ,
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/12688> – open since late Feb / early March

Attendees:

- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)
- Jason Meridith (GitHub)

7th May 2024

- Anton: FYSA, disambiguated a few labels
 - `area/retryStrategy` and `area/retry-manual` instead of confusing `area/retry`
 - `area/agent` – this used to exist but seems to have been removed at some point
- Alan (partially on behalf of Isitha)
 - 3.4.17 release
 - Current CI failures - how to resolve them?
 - [Slack thread](#)
 - [Test PR](#)
 - Anton: No root cause yet – best hypothesis is unpinned image in the test manifests, potentially unpinned image of argocli
 - Future Anton: that was correct, Alan fixed in [this PR](#)
- Add Pipekit to the website - add more details [in PR](#) description
- Anton to remove BlackRock (I have no affiliation, so that makes for less questions/bias/etc)
 - Done: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-site/pull/144>

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang (Red Hat)
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)
- Julie Vogelmann (Intuit)
- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)

16th April 2024

[Canceled](#) due to no agenda

A few of us still showed up and briefly talked about
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12503>

Attendees:

- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- JP Zivalich (Pipekit)
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)
- Saravanan Balasubmaranian (Intuit)

2nd April 2024

- Anton: Enable [Dependabot alerts + security updates](#)
 - Dependabot alerts are required for security updates, and ours are disabled, which explains why we were manually updating deps before dependabot
 - Follow-up: [Enabled now](#)
- Anton: 3.6 release timeline? Per [Release Cycle](#)
 - We're about [~6 months out from 3.5.0](#) now, although 3.5 is still quite unstable (Archived+Live merge – testing on [this branch](#), workflowtaskresults fixes, etc).
 - Should we start releasing RCs? Or alphas, doesn't necessarily have to be an RC
 - Maintaining 3 versions is a good bit, but 3.6 would be everything on `main` prior to GA, so no cherry-picking needed at least (which is the bulk of the release work)
 - Caelan: an alpha release sounds smart to do, but we should prioritize landing the Archived+Live wfs merge
 - Note that Archived+Live issue was partially not caught earlier due to release cycle. Though also it didn't get caught till 3.5.0, suggesting we are lacking RC (or earlier) testers.
 - Pipekit uses RCs but does not use the UI at the scale necessary for this issue to show up
 - Consensus: alphas would be good to get new features out and start getting them tested. Not an RC so explicitly still unstable / subject to change
 - [Follow-up threads](#)
 - k8s 1.26 upgrades, [should these be backported](#) to 3.5 + 3.4?
 - They're technically breaking (remove support for older versions), so I would think not, but I don't know what the historical policy has been with k8s versioning within an Argo minor
 - Caelan: this makes sense to do but let's start a async thread in [#argo-workflows-contributors](#) to confirm
 - Follow-up [thread](#): this is technically not necessary to backport
 - Julie: no objections to this plan
- Julie: Can everyone add either "more-information-needed" or "stale" label to PRs that haven't been responded to by the author? (the former generally preferred, but if it's really been a long time the latter may be okay? both will ultimately result in automatic closure)
 - Anton: set up GHA => after 2 weeks goes to stale, and then can be closed

- Caelan: agreed with this process
- Julie: prioritized-review PRs
 - Julie taking: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12741>
 - Isitha taking: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12701>
- Caelan: Our team will work on improving the release process (adding more automation, documentation)
- William: Any objection to Anton's proposal for re-test GitHub Action?
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/12864>
 - Caelan: I like this idea! +1 added
 - Consensus: let's add it, just needs implementation

Attendees:

- Caelan Urquhart (Pipekit)
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)
- Julie Vogelmann (Intuit)
- William Van Hevelingen (Acquia)

19th March 2024

[Canceled due to KubeCon EU](#)

5th March 2024

- Anton: Add [Draft GHSAs](#) for Workflows similar to CD. Grant permissions?
 - Follow-up from [SIG Security meeting](#)
 - No dissents, follows CD – next steps: Terry and Bala to enable draft GHSAs
 - Terry self-assigned [Issue](#). Anton created security policy [PR](#)
- Anton: branch protection rules -> rulesets
 - Rulesets are publicly visible, which is good for transparency, and required for [OpenSSF checks](#) to not need a PAT. This should bump that subscore from -1 to 10. Otherwise the rules should work the same, just moved to a newer GH feature
 - No dissents – next steps: Terry and Bala to make the change
- Anton: Remove Giscus?
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12360#issuecomment-1970762484>
 - Alan: weakly agreed
 - Julie: people who go through discussions should make the decision
 - Next steps: Anton to update footer
 - Future Anton: Completed in <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/13138>
- Julie: Discuss results of Sustainability Effort [Survey](#)

Attendees:

- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- JP Zivalich (Pipekit)
- Julie Vogelmann (Intuit)

- JM (Jason Meridth) (Procore)
- Julie Vogelmann (Intuit)
- Yuan Tang (Red Hat)
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)

20th Feb 2024

- Yuan: Release rotation <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/12592>
 - Yuan: no [temp write permissions](#) to non-Approvers
 - Anton: problem was that PRs with multiple backported commits to branches would fail DCO ([example](#))
 - Yuan: DCO check can be set to pass manually by admin
 - Anton: we could also have non-Approvers cherry-pick (& resolve conflicts) in their own fork; an Approver+ could then push that branch to the root fork's release branch after double checking
 - Anton: cherry-picking as PRs come in would certainly be preferable, but the CD bot [creates PRs for every single cherry-pick](#), not just ones with conflicts, which is very noisy
 - Anton: was looking at <https://github.com/vendoo/gha-cherry-pick> as a GH Action to replace that bot, and it can do most of what we need, but problem with actions is that they won't trigger CI, as GH intentionally makes actions [not trigger each other](#) to avoid infinite loops. Still need to investigate more how to workaround this
- JM: status on unmerging of Active and Archived workflows?
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/12025#issuecomment-1949330952> possible solution to keep merged?
- Anton: Enable merge queues on the repo
 - See [PR comments](#), previous [Slack discussions](#)
 - Yuan - set up (optional) merge queue
- Anton: "good first issue", "solution suggested" labels
 - Issues labeled with "good first issue" should be fairly straightforward to tackle
 - Meanwhile we've had a few that did not have an approach ironed out and then had large PRs that were subsequently denied
 - "solution suggested" means the approach is ironed out, just someone needs to implement it
 - I use this frequently, particularly when I think an issue is more complex than a "good first issue"
 - A "good first issue" should be a subset of "solution suggested", IMO
 - Caelan: +1 to this approach!
 - ...
- Anton: FYSA, added several new labels (now that I have permissions as an Approver): "area/archive-logs", "area/gc", "area/contributing", "area/downstream", "area/upstream", "superseded", "unimplemented"
 - Also made colors more consistent with each other and their purpose

- E.g. “good first issue”, “hacktoberfest”, “solution suggested” are all the same light green (all ripe for contribution). “stale”, “superseded”, “duplicate”, “invalid” are all the same light gray (some form of close reason). Dependabot labels: “dependencies”, “github_actions”, “go”, “javascript” all light blue
- Yuan: we currently have 75 labels already
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/labels>. Consider overhead, time, and learning curve.
 - Anton: Other projects have even more – generally the labels grow as the project maintenance grows. Example: CD has [115 labels](#), kOps has [177](#)
 - Yuan: about 10s to add all labels. Anton: 10s sounds reasonable to spend – it makes filtering / querying / finding issues and PRs *substantially* easier in the future. Think of it as an investment in the future that pays off readily. I use labels *daily* for filtering. If you’re spending >5m per issue or PR, 10s is a tiny proportion
 - Julie: can this be optional? Anton: already is, I do most of the labeling.
 This note was just an FYSA so others are aware of the new labels
- Anton: Build cancellations on `main`? Are these happening manually, automatically?
 - In particular, [cancellation of release](#) means that `latest` isn’t updated
 - Yuan:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/blob/main/.github/workflows/ci-build.yml#L14>
 - Also releases will fast fail if one of the matrix jobs fails. Some releases seem to fail due to rate limits or network timeouts on Docker’s registry ([example](#))
 - TODO: Check whether merge queue would affect this
- Take a look [Argo Workflows Project update \(Argocon EU 2024\)](#)

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang (Red Hat)
- Jason Meridth (Procore)
- J.P. Zivalich (Pipekit)
- Julie Vogelmann (Intuit)
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)
- Bala (Intuit)

6th Feb 2024

- 3.5 Archived Workflows UI P1 regressions:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/12025#issuecomment-1914065370>
 - Anton: should we revert? What is the plan to resolve the regression?
 - 1 more regression = SELECT * affecting large archived workflows
 - Conceptually, makes sense to unify UIs and do at API level (as was [originally proposed](#)), but we’ve observed that isn’t working well. Perhaps implement as 2 separate API calls and merge in the UI/client – this would

mean that every client would have to rewrite logic to merge the two, which is the original problem the unified API was trying to solve, but maybe that is the better option

- I.e. simplify the API but makes all clients more complicated or vice-versa
 - Personally, from experience, I am all for layering and Unix philosophy
- Feedback on reverting this:
 - Anton: lean revert, different issues both ways, but split API seems less complex and less error-prone
 - Pipekit: Currently recommending users stay on latest 3.4.x due to this issue
 - J.P.: revert, create new enhancement proposal to implement in 3.6
 - Alan: don't revert, many users don't know k8s and so don't understand why there were two pages before. Happy for temporary revert.
 - Caelan: revert, create new enhancement proposal to implement in 3.6
 - Bala: will review the issue more
 - Julie:
 - JM: From a CI perspective, helpful to view all PRs of a person in one view. Checkbox would be great. As a user and Argo developer revert until proper solution in place and tested.
 - Previously in favor of simplifying the UI as there were two separate UIs, but maybe that is not working out in practice
 - One using db call, one using K8s call not working for us
- Sustainability Effort: Should we add "prioritized-review" label to PRs which one of us did not author but has reviewed and still requires an Approver to merge? Or that we otherwise think should be prioritized
- Should use judgment when adding the label so we can ensure the PRs with this label don't exceed our capacity to review
- Any other ideas?
- Argo Maintainers March meeting 3/5/2024 8:15 am PST meeting plans to discuss process improvements at an org level (PR and Issue handling). To discuss this effort as one form of process improvement.
- Confidence to risk ratio?
- If Reviewer with expertise has reviewed, should Approver need a full review?
- Consensus: Implicitly – up to Approver best judgment in most scenarios
 - Anton from the future: note that our branch protection means that all PRs need at least 1 Approver and self does not count. So a Reviewer's approval on an Approver's PR will not make it mergeable
- Argo Project update for ArgoCon EU
 - <https://colocatedeventseu2024.sched.com/event/1YGTm/argocon-welcome-project-updates>
 - Headline items from everyone
 - 10 min for Workflows

- Shared document
 - Send topics from 3.5+
 - Post doc in contributors channel, open to anyone to add suggestions
 - Doc: [Argo Workflows Project update \(Argocon EU 2024\)](#)
- Different from Kubecon EU project update
- Telemetry proposal:
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/12589>
 - Consensus: seems to be fine for 3.6 breaking change
 - Lots of people have problems with the metrics (Alan, Tim, Anton, JM, etc)
 - People have wrapper services for metrics even (JM, Pipekit customers, etc)
- Slack channel question
 - #argo-contributors -> #argo-cd-contributors
 - Anton: should we have an overall argoproj contributors channel as well? For contributor announcements and also shared repos (e.g. argo-ui)

Attendees:

- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- Caelan Urquhart (Pipekit)
- J.P. Zivalich (Pipekit)
- Nigel Brown (Intuit)
- Bala - Intuit
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)
- Jason Meridth (Procore)
- Julie Vogelmann (Intuit)

16th Jan 2024

Canceled due to no agenda

2nd Jan 2024

Agenda items:

- Readthedocs migration
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12360> generation on readthedocs
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12362> update github pages to redirect
 - Backport for other versions
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/12414>
- Sustainability Effort (Incentive system)
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12359>
- UI changes and inclusion of right folks (code splitting, etc)
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/12059>
- Devcontainers

- Permissions error on post command script [here](#) (JM) will file issue

Attendees:

- Jason Meridth (Procore)
- Yuan Tang (Red Hat)
- Julie Vogelmann (Intuit)
- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- Josh Burgess (Larson Texts)
- J.P. Zivalich (Pipekit)

19th Dec 2023

Canceled due to no agenda and holiday. Reach out on #argo-wf-contributors if you are blocked by anything.

5th Dec 2023

Agenda items:

- Versioned Docs (readthedocs)
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12211> (closed temporarily)
- Merged Archived/Active workflows (3.5.x+)
 - JM leaving comments on the issue for suggestions, looking into opening a PR
 - Checkboxes for Live and Archived
 - JM's use case: CI: Workflows get canceled when there is a new commit, so lots of Archived Workflows that are not useful
- Top upvoted PR to review and merge:
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/9058> feat: add finalizer to workflow pod to prevent "pod deleted". Fixes #8783 #9058
 - Last comment from Bala on the PR: "@rohankmr414 It is a nice fix. Please add unit test and e2e test. Fix the test failures."
 - Flakey tests took a long time to fix, but they are now ready. Can we merge?
 - Next step: Julie will review/ approve and merge
- Bala & Julie: streamlining PR reviews
 - New formal norms (have previously been implicit):
 - Assign PR to yourself if you're planning to review/merge it (generally own the lifecycle of the PR)
 - For Reviewers: Tag an Approver+ once you've reviewed/approved
- Community meeting this month: canceling given end-of-year holidays - Caelan to announce

Attendees:

- Jason Meridth (Procore)
- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- Dillen Padhiar (Intuit)
- Caelan Urquhart (Pipekit)

- Bala (Intuit)
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)

21st Nov 2023

Agenda items:

- Dependabot PRs
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pulls/app%2Fdependabot>
- Personal update: Terry joining Red Hat in Dec
- [Incentive System to bring in more approvers/more reviews](#)
 - Most in favor, some neutral
 - In particular, implementation details of incentives
 - Primary goal is to increase number of contributors on the ladder, and then potentially we can re-evaluate the effectiveness of the ladder
 - Increase number of people reviewing in particular
 - Review board like Argo CD?
 - Increase top of funnel – add one-line notes to README and Docs
 - Plus Slack channels (#argo-workflows, #argo-contributors, #argo-wf-contributors)
 - Plus in issue and PR templates
- Release timelines
 - [Release v3.4.12 cherry-pick candidates · Issue #11851](#)
 - Hand-picked commits
 - [Release v3.5 patch releases discussion · Issue #11997](#)
 - All non-feature commits on master branch
 - Terry to post list of commits to the issue
- Maintainer track talk/update for KubeCon Paris?
 - Specifically, a Workflows maintainers update?
 - CNCF only allows one talk per project, so Argo CD typically takes the Argo slot
 - It is *supposed* to be for the whole Argoproj
 - Can we get an exception to have an extra slot given that Argo is a bigger project?
 - Can try
 - Alan is asking CNCF about how the process is supposed to work, especially for larger projects
 - Bala and Terry to start discussing the coordination of updates from all Argoproj
- Documentation/ReadTheDocs migration
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12211> - change to readthedocs
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12212> - replace gh-pages with redirects
 - Once we have versioned docs, we'll also need to cherry-pick docs changes into releases.
 - Create readthedocs account and ask JM to add you as maintainers.

- Mermaid plugin needed for mkdocs/RTD <https://github.com/mermaid-js/mermaid>
 - PR: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12464>

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang (Akuity)
- Jason Meridth (Procore)
- Julie Vogelmann (Intuit)
- J.P. Zivalich (Pipekit)
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)
- Alan Clucas (Pipekit)
- Akram Ben Aissi (Red Hat)
- Bala (Intuit)

31st October 2023

Agenda items:

- Release v3.5.1: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/11997>
 - Please comment if you have any other fixes you want to include
- Meeting logistics: extended to 1 hour. Stay at bi-weekly at the same time.

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang (Akuity)
- Raymond Wong (Forbes)
- Jason Meridth (Procore)

17th October 2023

Agenda items:

- Anton: Could I please get some reviews and approvals on [my now ~1.5 month old docs PRs](#)?
 - These are now old enough that I've pointed users to these docs fixes who asked questions that are answered there in, and even gotten merge conflicts...
- Kit [follow-up](#): replacement would be Task + goreman. Tools are non-overlapping, see Anton's summary [in PR comment](#)
 - Do we also want to replace the whole Makefile? Since Task and Kit are both task runners and we primarily use Make as a task runner as well.
 - JM: Kit has a lot nicer logging than the previous (goreman?)
 - Anton: We could keep kit as a replacement for goreman but replace the rest with Task
 - Consensus: a more supported, well-known tool makes sense, but if Kit is working fine too, then no strong opinions either
 - Log level issue has been fixed, but we would have to add a small section in the contributing docs on using kit, as its own docs are not that great
 - Re: Alex (creator of Kit, former Workflows lead), he doesn't mind if we switch and thinks familiarity etc are good reasons. He believes kit is

feature-complete so is not “actively” developing new features for it, but will respond to bugs etc

- Anton: Some niceties missing in kit, but big one is [lack of “memoization”](#) that Make and Task both have (don’t run the command if it was already ran recently / timestamps / checksums haven’t changed)
- Renovate, dependabot, Snyk
 - Renovate now enabled - potentially replace dependabot to reduce noise?
 - Consensus: If it’s a superset, sure, we can move to it and replace dependabot. Can try for a few months and switch back if it’s not working appropriately
 - Pipekit still looking into [Nix hashes not being updated?](#)
 - Dependabot fails to deduplicate Yarn deps. Can renovatebot handle it?
 - Otherwise need to upgrade to Yarn v2 - v3 which have built-in handling
 - Caelan: yes, I believe renovate can handle deduplication
 - [Done] Bala to turn off personal Snyk automated PRs:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/11844>,
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/11923>
 - Bala: Stalebot was removed?
 - Yes [it was](#), as it was more harmful than useful (see below meeting notes and linked issues)
 - Bala: What about issues that don’t get responses from users?
 - Anton: that is a very tiny subset of all issues and we should label those as [“more information needed”](#) (and possibly “support” if they are more of a support/misconfiguration than a potential bug)
 - Due to the low occurrence, this feels very low priority to me, but I agree that we can use the newer Stale Action for these cases specifically. I previously summarized [on GH](#)
 - Follow-up PR:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12488>
- EKS team benchmarking [follow-up](#)
 - See also SIG Scalability meetings that Anton attends ([Oct 11th](#), [Sept 27th](#))
 - Looking for sample representative workflows (short, long, wide, parallel, etc) to test with
 - Public data available on existing larger users/use-cases?
 - Any more performance and tuning data available from [this Pipekit blog post](#)?
 - Anton to create a tracking issue where we can record different numbers from different companies. Intuit, Procore, Pipekit, Akuity, etc to add any data they can share there, other companies that use Workflows can add to it as well
 - RE: continuous performance testing (different from EKS one-off benchmarking); a GCP account was discussed in [a recent Maintainers meeting](#)
 - Do we want to use that same account for performance testing? Or do we need another account?

- Review horizontal scalable controller proposal
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/9990#issuecomment-1732337352>
 - Discussed with JM, otherwise didn't have time
- https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/11761#discussion_r1317888160 is preventing us from upgrading to 3.5.0. /workflows endpoint takes 35+ seconds to load. We have many (still getting number) of archived workflows.
 - JM to file an issue if this wasn't fixed
 - Anton: IIRC, there were several contributions to archived pagination, but maybe there are bugs in those. This would definitely be a regression
 - Another user filed an issue:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/12025>. Marked as P1 regression

Attendees:

- J.P. Zivalich (Pipekit)
- Julie Vogelmann (Intuit)
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)
- Bala (Intuit)
- Jason Meridth (Procore)

3rd October 2023

Agenda

- Remove Kit? Relocate it to ArgoProj Labs?
 - Slack discussion this week:
<https://cloud-native.slack.com/archives/C0510EUH90V/p1696023977780199>
 - Previous discussion on 21st March 2023: Kit didn't go through the official design discussion / RFC process, whereas all other features & tooling, like Nix, are/were required to before approval.
 - Caelan to ask Isitha for comment on [Anton's PR](#) re: task vs. Nix
 - Maybe revert to [Goreman](#)? CD still uses it
 - Did Alex have any unsupported features or bugs with it?
 - Anton is fine with whatever
- v3.5 release updates/ timeline [issue](#)
 - [PR](#) to update release docs re: last discussion about features in RCs
 - Any blockers?
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/11777> (not blocker/urgent). Anton is reviewing, Terry to also review.
- Flakey test PRs among bot PRs:
 - Bala to discuss with Terry and ArgoProj to enable retry for Members, at least Reviewers
 - Terry: Not possible on GH
 - It's not possible as unfortunately GitHub has very [coarse-grained roles](#); after Triage role is Write role 😞

- Discussions on [issues](#) / [PRs](#)

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang (Akuity)
- Caelan Urquhart (Pipekit)
- Julie Vogelmann (Intuit)
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)
- Bala (Intuit)

19th September 2023

Agenda

- v3.5 release updates/ timeline / strategy [issue](#)
 - New RC within the coming week
 - Discussion: Should we add new features to an RC?
 - Also consider:
 - frozen/ bake period for a RC before going GA - consensus: 2 weeks
 - Roll back features that are buggy and push a new RC
 - Update docs in <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/blob/master/docs/releases.md#release-cycle>
 - PR: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/11934>
- Discussions on [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - Objections on removing stalebot? [PR](#)
- From last meeting:
 - Flakey test PRs among bot PRs:
 - Bala to discuss with Terry and ArgoProj to enable retry for Members, at least Reviewers
 - TODO: check if it's possible
 - It's not possible as unfortunately GitHub has very [coarse-grained roles; after Triage role is Write role](#) 😞
 - Anton looking into automatically retry some CI
 - Alex has tried this before but for each step not the entire workflow run
 - Flakey test issue
 - Anton: it is possible to retry a single step (there are existing actions for this like <https://github.com/Wandalen/wretry.action>) and may be possible to retry entire GHA Jobs and GHA Workflows as well
 - But there are trade-offs to this that discouraged me:
 - i. The overall test time increases, so we have to increase timeouts etc
 - Did try using Go's test cache without much success (there's more nuance to this),

which could potentially retry a very specific test case instead of an entire suite, but trade-off #2 was worse to me

- ii. It becomes harder to detect flakes, as you can no longer point to failed CI and instead have to point to, e.g. “this step took twice as long as it had a retry”
 - Sometimes flakes are actual bugs too
- Can submit a PR for this, but tbh I’m not necessarily for this anymore. Not necessarily against either
- Snyk <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/11844>

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Jason Meridth / Procore
- Caelan Urquhart (Pipekit)
- J.P. Zivalich (Pipekit)
- Julie Vogelmann (Intuit)
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)

5th September 2023

- [Argo Events released 1.8.1](#)
- Versioned Documentation <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/11390> (Jason)
 - Jason: wasn’t able to get mkdocs to work
 - Argo Workflows & Events are on mkdocs
 - Argo CD & Rollouts are on Readthedocs
 - CD uses readthedocs.io instead of GH pages?
 - <https://kubernetes.io/docs/contribute/style/style-guide/#avoid-statements-that-will-soon-be-out-of-date>
 - **Next steps: JM discussing w/ Michael Crenshaw about migrating to readthedocs.io**
 - Argo WF will migrate first
 - Migrating Argo Events after
- Add [renovatebot](#) to argo-workflows, argo-helm, argoproj-labs/training-material, argoproj-labs/argo-workflows-catalog to allow more nuanced dependency updates than dependabot allows.
 - Renovatebot OR dependabot?
 - JM - helm used to have renovatebot
 - Anton - indifferent on the tool
 - Caelan & Tim - renovatebot is more configurable than dependabot and will enable automated Nix updates
 - Bala & Julie - will check out to learn more; overall, support anything that makes it easier to maintain the repo

- ~~Next steps:~~
 - ~~Tim/Caelan to open an issue to discuss pros/cons and get approval~~
 - Anton: Only enable dependabot for security?
 - Recommendation: why update if we don't have a security issue or need a feature or need a known fix?
 - ~~Next steps:~~
 - ~~Anton to open an issue with summary of discussion and tag all who attended here + Terry + Michael Crenshaw~~
 - See below
 - PR: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/12487>
 - Anton: Disable Snyk as dependabot does security updates also?
 - <https://docs.github.com/en/code-security/dependabot/dependabot-security-updates/configuring-dependabot-security-updates>
 - Bala: open to consolidating tools so long as we can cover security requirements
 - Anton: we're using individual creds for Bala & Terry - need a way to update this
 - Confirm w/ Michael Crenshaw about CNCF Review re: Snyk (Michael is back Sept 18)
 - Is it just for checking for vulns on builds? (which we already have)
 - Or for automated PRs? We'd like to disable this one, *not* the vuln checking
 - Anton to confirm
 - Issue created: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/11844>
- Flakey test PRs among bot PRs
 - Bala: can we have a rotation of people to review automated bot PRs?
 - Not possible because people don't have permissions, not even Reviewers can retry CI. See below
 - CI retry permissions?
 - Only approvers have permissions?
 - CD also has test flakes
 - Julie: can we automatically retry some CI?
 - Anton: this is a great idea – will look into this. At worst, we could have another action that just retries failing actions
 - **Next steps:**
 - **Bala to discuss with Terry and ArgoProj to enable retry for Members, at least Reviewers**
 - ~~Anton looking into automatically retry some CI~~
- Patch release: 3.4.11
 - major bug fixes for OOM & containerSets that didn't merge in 3.4.10
 - Moved discussion to Slack #argo-wf-contributors
- V3.5 release updates/ timeline
- Discussions on [issues](#) / [PRs](#)

Attendees:

- Caelan Urquhart (Pipekit)
- J.P. Zivalich (Pipekit)
- Jason Meridth (Procore)
- Julie Vogelmann (Intuit)
- Anton Gilgur (Independent)
- Bala (Intuit)

15th August 2023

- Releases
 - [v3.4.10 release](#): today after the meeting
 - [v3.5.0 release](#)
 - Cutting v3.5.0-rc1 today or tomorrow
 - Release blog (will be on [Argoproj blog](#)):
<https://medium.com/@terrytangyuan/whats-new-in-argo-workflows-v3-5-f260e8603ca6>
- Versioned Docs (Jason)
 - Readthedocs
 - Any SEO changes, redirects
- Argo UI <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-ui>
 - Found the dependency in Argo Workflows:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/blob/master/ui/package.json#L18>
 - Tag @argoproj/argo-ui-maintainers
 - Needs some love on build, packaging, release, etc.
 - Anton to take over <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/11510>
- Upgrade monaco-editor <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/11475>
 - Anton to take a look
- More UI issues can be found in [UI/UX improvements project board](#)

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Jason Meridth / Procore
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Anton Gilgur / Independent
- Julie Vogelmann / Intuit

1st August 2023

- V3.5 discussion
 - Planning to create release v3.5 branch and release RC-1 in August
- Node 20 heads up and shout out
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/11410> (merged)
- SDK discussion

- Last time: decision to add note and rephrase so these are no longer “officially maintained”
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/blob/master/docs/client-libraries.md#officially-supported-client-libraries>
- Last time: discussed proposal to include NEW SDKs in Argo Labs until they are stable & maintained
 - Hera is the precedent for this approach
 - This would NOT apply to existing SDKs in the argo-workflows repo
 - Added benefit: keeps local devex leaner, building fewer SDKs locally
- Open question: what is generating the current SDKs? ie `make codegen`
- [Nix](#)
 - <https://argoproj.github.io/argo-workflows/proposals/makefile-improvement-proposal/#introduction>
 - <https://argoproj.github.io/argo-workflows/running-nix/>
- ArgoCon NA 2023 CFP - deadline Aug 6
- Versioned Documentation - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/11390>

Attendees:

- Jason Meridth / Procore
- Julie Vogelmann / Intuit
- Bala / Intuit
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Yang Lu / SingleronBio
- Advith Vashist / Capital One

18th July 2023

- V3.5 minor release timeline <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/11381>
 - Last discussion: July, August
 - Target timeline: mid/early August rc
 - Users are asking about this ([example 1](#), [example 2](#))
 - Blogpost, outline features candidate
- V3.4.9 patch release timeline <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/11380>
 - Have CVEs that need patching
 - Target timeline: this week
- Discussions on [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/10808> will be included in v3.5?
 - I ask because <https://argoproj.github.io/argo-workflows/links/> docs include those features (not released yet)
 - Create issue on versioned website
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-cd/blob/master/mkdocs.yml#L5-L8>
 - Rust SDK: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/11313>
 - Ask if this can be added to Hera

- Ask Alex
 - Add note and rephrase
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/blob/master/docs/client-libraries.md#officially-supported-client-libraries>
- Outdated roadmap document:
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TzhgIPHnIU9tVqcjoZVmvjuPAIZf5AyygGqL98BBal/edit#heading=h.kkch5rfpa9fr>
 - Revamp in a markdown file

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Julie Vogelmann / Intuit
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Jason Meridith / Procore
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit

20th June 2023

- Discussions on [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - Single source of truth for generated values:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/10267>
 - Waiting for proposal
 - Community contribution for high-upvoted missing feature: scheduling one-time jobs: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/10620>
 - Feedback from last time: Eduardo, Caelan, J.P., JM - setting a `maxRuns` config would be a reasonable enhancement paired with a TTL for CronWorkflows + new docs
 - Deprecating the Python SDK in favor of Hera:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/11084#issuecomment-1563258216>
 - Unified workflows list page: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/11121>
 - Bala to review
- V3.5 minor release timeline
 - Last discussion: July, August
 - Users are asking about this ([example 1](#), [example 2](#))
 - Note: [docs say every 3 months](#), so we may want to update this
 - Every 6 month
- ArgoCon NA CFP
<https://events.linuxfoundation.org/kubecon-cloudnativecon-north-america/co-located-events/argocon/>
 - Submit a proposal to speak! Submissions are being accepted through **August 6, 2023**.
- <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/10542> and more support for expressions.
 - Contributions welcomed

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Eli Hellmann / fragilerus
- Bala /Intuit
- Jason Meridth (JM) / Procore
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Dillen Padhiar / Intuit

6th June 2023

- Discussions on [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - Single source of truth for generated values:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/10267>
 - Community contribution for high-upvoted missing feature: scheduling one-time jobs: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/10620>
 - Next step: revisit at June 20 contributor meeting
 - Feedback from Eduardo, Caelan, J.P., JM - setting a `maxRuns` config would be a reasonable enhancement paired with a TTL for CronWorkflows
 - Deprecating the Python SDK in favor of Hera:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/11084#issuecomment-1563258216>
 - Feedback:
 - JM - sounds promising given Hera could be a Python SDK for all of ArgoProj
 - Next steps:
 - Run a poll in the Slack community to get a feel of how many people are using the SDKs
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/11121> Unifying the workflows UI and API (archive and active)
 - Feedback:
 - Supporters for the change: JM, J.P.
 - <https://github.com/orgs/argoproj/projects/29> UI Improvements project
 - Next step: JM, Caelan adding more “good first issue” labels

Attendees:

- Jason Meridth / Procore
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Ilya Zakharov /
- Julie Vogelmann / Intuit
- Dillen Padhiar / Intuit
- Eduardo Rodrigues / ANOVA

16th May 2023

- Discussions on [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - BitBucket ssh host key <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/11091>
 - <https://bitbucket.org/blog/ssh-host-key-changes>
 - We can hold off on releasing since it's not a blocker
 - go-git maintenance
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/11091#issuecomment-1549327475>
 - Try push our changes to upstream
- [UI/UX improvements project board](#)
 - Argo events in argo workflows UI (sensor, source) logs - Jason Meridth will file issue
- KubeCon NA <https://events.linuxfoundation.org/kubecon-cloudnativecon-north-america/>
- Is there a precedent for a parameter that may not work in certain circumstances? ([this](#) PR)

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Jason Meridth / Procore
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Julie Vogelmann / Intuit
- Bala / Intuit
- Dillen Padhiar / Intuit

2nd May 2023

- Discussions on [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - Golang CVEs <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/11023>
 - Check Snyk setup
 - Check ArgoCD security policy
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-cd/blob/master/SECURITY.md>
 - [P1 issues](#)
 - [P2 issues](#)
- [UI/UX improvements project board](#)
- V3.5 minor release timeline
 - July, August
- ArgoCon US around Sep 8 in Computer Museum
- SIG Marketing, May 29th next meeting [doc](#) #argo-marketing-and-events
- Membership promotion requests <https://github.com/argoproj/argoproj/issues>
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argoproj/blob/master/community/membership.md>

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Jason Meridth / Procore

- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Robert / Synthesis AI
- Bala / Intuit


18th April 2023

- Discussions on [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
- [UI/UX improvements project board](#)

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Dillen Padhiar / Intuit

4th April 2023

- Review of in-progress [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - Flaky tests <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/10807>
 - New CVE with golang version <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/10811>
 - Cherry-pick security related dependabot PRs and release a patch release
 - Enable Synk check in release branch <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/blob/master/.github/workflows/snyk.yml>
 - Yuan to enable this and Bala to check Synk
 - Release branches are created on fly, will be interesting
 - Semaphore PR: (<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/9992>)
 - [Title & Description in Archived Workflow List:](#) <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/10796> - need to ask if enhancements to archive workflow API are ok - Jason Meridith
 - In UI/UX doc below [here](#)
-  **Argo Workflows UI/UX Improvements**
 - Yuan to create a project board and relevant issues
 - <https://github.com/orgs/argoproj/projects/29/>
- Go-git bug fix: <https://github.com/argoproj-labs/go-git/pull/8>
 - Associated issue: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/10600>
 - Third party folder in argo-workflow, similar to https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/tree/master/third_party?
 - Old golang version <https://github.com/argoproj-labs/go-git/blob/master/go.mod#L31>
 - Use Synk to update this
 - J.P.'s team to enable the Synk check
 - J.P. note: need access to file an issue on the repo

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang / Akuity

- Robert Kotcher / Synthesis AI
- Jason Meridth / Procore
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Rajat Gupta
- Sangam
- Bala / Intuit

21st March 2023

- Review of in-progress [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - Fix for PDB in v1.25 K8s <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/10712>
 - Stable CI: link check, kitproj install script, buildx upgrad for release, etc.
- Needs Alex's input and reviews to proceed:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/10553>
- Kit build process should've gone through a design discussion / RFC process
 - PR needs to be tested by more people
 - Update docs to mention kit
- <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/tree/master/docs/proposals>
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/10191>
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/10188>

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Julie Vogelmann / Intuit
- Jason Meridth / Procore

7th March 2023

- Review of in-progress [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - Dependabot issue - J.P. opened a PR to fix:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/10648>
 - Auto-merge was enabled last year, this PR add an exception
 - Rohan's PR: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/10645>
 - Robert's PR: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/9992>
 - Running in prod for Synthesis AI
 - Pipekit has reviewed (Isitha, Caelan)
 - Want an estimate for when it would be merged
 - One test started to fail
 - We'll need to revisit the PR if we wait longer
 - Current norm: merge feature in a minor version rather than a patch
 - Target quarterly release every 3 months

- Next step: get estimate on when to expect a 3.5 release; if too long, we can make a plan to merge it sooner
 - New PR requirements added for contributors to speed up reviews
 - SIGTERM PR merged: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/10523>
- [Any new mentoring requests?](#) Addressed.

Attendees:

- Rohan / Pipekit
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Dillen Padhiar / Intuit
- Robert Kotcher / Synthesis AI
- Julie Vogelmann / Intuit

21st February 2023

- Review of in-progress [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - [10379](#) -v3.4.6
 - [10145](#) -v3.4.6
 - [9992](#) –TBD(v3.5)
- Upcoming Releases:
 - v3.4.6 (02/24)
 - v3.5 release planning - bring items to discuss at next contributor meeting
- [Any new feedback?](#)
- [Any new mentoring requests?](#)

Attendees:

- Rohan Kumar / Pipekit
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Dillen Padhiar / Intuit
- Saravanan Balasubmaranian / Intuit

7th February 2023

- Review of in-progress [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - [10379](#)
 - [10145](#)
 - [9992](#)
 - [10307](#)
- Enhancement process ([new doc](#))
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/10188>
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/10191>
- Upcoming Releases: v3.4.6 (02/24)
- [Any new feedback?](#)
- [Any new mentoring requests?](#)

Attendees:

- Rohan / Pipekit
- Bala / Intuit
- Caelan / Pipekit
- Dillen / Intuit
- J.P. / Pipekit

17th January 2023

- Review of in-progress [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
- Enhancement process ([new doc](#))
- [Any new feedback?](#)
- [Any new mentoring requests?](#)

Attendees:

- Rohan / Pipekit
- Robert / Synthesis AI
- J.P. / Pipekit

6th December 2022

- Review of in-progress [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/10170>
- Enhancement process ([new doc](#))
- [Any new feedback?](#)
- [Any new mentoring requests?](#)

Attendees:

1. Bala / Intuit
2. Rohan / Pipekit
3. J.P. / Pipekit
4. Caelan / Pipekit
5. Dillen / Intuit
6. Julie / Intuit
7. Kewei Ma / Indeed

15th November 2022

- Review of in-progress [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - Robert's PR: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/9992>
 - Running in prod for Synthesis AI
 - Isitha's PR: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/9918>
 - Rohan's PR: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/10028>
 - Rohan's PR for P1 git issue: <https://github.com/argoproj-labs/go-git/pull/6>

- Still needs merge
- V3.3 cherry pick release: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/10000>

Attendees:

- Bala / Intuit
- Caelan / Pipekit
- J.P. / Pipekit
- Rohan Kumar / Pipekit
- Robert Kotcher / Synthesis AI

1st November 2022

- Review of in-progress [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
- Membership review
 - Adding new members
 - Inactive members will be demoted
- OpenSSL Day 0 event news
 - Official blog post: <https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2022/11/01/email-address-overflows/>
 - [Argo CD Slack thread for context](#)
 - <https://www.darkreading.com/vulnerabilities-threats/prepare-critical-flaw-openssl-security-experts-warn>
 - Bala syncing up w/ Michael Crenshaw on Argo CD side
 - Feel free to tag Caelan Slack to help out

Attendees:

- Bala / Intuit
- Julie / Intuit
- Dillen / Intuit
- Caelan / Pipekit

18th October 2022

- Review of in-progress [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - Docs building [issue](#)
 - [Hacktoberfest issues](#)
 - Release patch release after merging K8s 1.24 [PR](#)
- Bug review process
 - P1 (>5 people affected)
 - Push to [“Run the Business” project board](#) if needed
 - Document this process here
- Enhancement process
 - Proposal required for big features
 - <https://github.com/kubeflow/community/blob/master/proposals/TEMPLATE.md>

- Link in <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/blob/master/docs/CONTRIBUTING.md>
- [Any new feedback?](#)
- [Any new mentoring requests?](#)

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Bala/Intuit
- Rohan / Pipekit
- J.P. / Pipekit
- Julie
- Dillen
- Vasyl

4th October 2022

- v3.4 release update
 - Promote in the community for people to use
 - Drop support for 3.2 once 3.4 is in greater usage
 - Announce the standard for supporting the current version and current-1
 - Dillen and Caelan to handle the announcement
 - Slack, Tweet, and LinkedIn
- Review of in-progress [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
- [“Run the Business” project board in GitHub](#)
 - Use this project to communicate what we’re actively working on
 - Using P0, P1, P2 prioritization framework
 - Community contributors:
 - Looking for more contributors!
 - Please take issues from the top of the list where possible
 - Bala will advise, and other reviewers will review
 - We may review current ArgoProj members who haven’t contributed to Argo in a while and ask them to contribute in order to remain members
- Hacktoberfest
 - Ping Alex Collins to get feedback on how it went last year - make a decision from there
- Dynamic Semaphores - Robert Kotcher
 - Adding **`rebalanceKey`** under **`semaphore`**
 - In future, we can add **`strategy`** under **`semaphore`** to enhance this feature further based on community feedback

Attendees:

- Robert / Synthesis AI
- Bala/Intuit

- Dillen / Intuit
- Rohan / Pipekit
- J.P. / Pipekit
- Caelan / Pipekit

19th September 2022

Canceled due to [ArgoCon](#) - see you there, in person or online!

6th September 2022

- Review of in-progress [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
- Re-evaluate Argo workflow Contributors membership
- Finalizing Moderators & Issue Triager schedule
- [Any new feedback?](#)
- [Any new mentoring requests?](#)

Attendees:

- Bala / Intuit
- Robert K / Synthesis AI
- JM / Procore
- Rohan / Pipekit

16th August 2022

- Review of in-progress [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/9371>
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/9058> - Bala & Rohan to look into manifest further: test failing because it's not able to clean up the pod, maybe pod patch permission
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/9344> - Azure might already be supported for artifact gc
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/9337> - consider doing a community poll; improve docs first
- [Community Meeting Agenda](#) - Aug 17 @ 10am
 - Demos
 - Q&A
- FYI - [blog post for v3.4 release is live](#) - please promote on Twitter, LinkedIn!
- V3.4 GA blocking issues: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/projects/10>
- [Any new feedback?](#)
- [Any new mentoring requests?](#)
 - TODO: Yuan to remove inactive assignees for good-first-issues

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang / Akuity

- Dillen Padhiar / Intuit
- Bala / Intuit
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Rohan / Pipekit
- Xiao Li / Salesforce
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- JM / Procore

2nd August 2022

- Review of in-progress [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/9273> (Zach Aller)
 - Draft medium post: <https://medium.com/@allerzach/5cfc43da288c>
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/8982> (Synthesis/Pipekit)
 - Discussion
 - Bala: Recommend extending the semaphore to add more allocations
 - Seconded by Alex
 - Robert: There might be a way to dynamically allocate semaphores and change their limits
 - Bala: Add allocation strategy to the semaphore object
 - Robert: Allocate/deallocate semaphores and re-adjusting the cap
 - Bala: See semaphore manager in the codebase
 - To take offline for further discussion
- v3.4 release check-in
 - On-track - should create RC1 at the end of this week or early next week
 - PRs should get created tomorrow
 - Blog post - [drafted](#) by Alex but needs review by anyone who is familiar with features
 - Julie to add a section on Artifact GC
 - Caelan to quarterback along with Bala
- [Any new feedback?](#)
- [Mentoring](#) discussion

Attendees:

- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Rohan / Pipekit
- Zach Aller / Intuit
- Julie Vogelmann/Intuit
- Mihir Pandya / GreenOps
- Robert Kotcher / Synthesis AI
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Bala / Intuit
- Alex Collins / Intuit

- Derek Wag / Intuit
- Christian Hernandez / Codefresh


19th July 2022

- Review of in-progress [issues](#) / [PRs](#)
 - Task status reference: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/7366>
 - Procedure for tracking fixes that need to be backported. Backport this? v3.3.9? Any other issues? <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/9168>
 - Cherry-pick issue that includes all changes and we pick
- OnCall Proposal
 - Primary and Secondary (Reviewer/member)
 - Supports Slack/Discussion/Comment the Triage issue
 - Start with Terry, Bala, Dillen, Julie
 - Review the PRs
 - Caelan and Bala to document the process

On-Call schedule:

1. Triage the new issues on Github
2. Replying Discussion
3. Doing initial PR review

GitHub Discussions Moderators & Issue Trigger :

- Bala
- Julie
- Terry
- Dillen
- Priority Discussion  Argo Workflows Roadmap
- v3.4 release check-in
 - Can [#7854](#) get into v3.4? Yes, everything on master will be included.
 - Can [#8491](#) get into v3.4? Yes, everything on master will be included.
- Enhancement proposal: resource sharing - Robert Kotcher, Synthesis AI
 - Google Slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1izeZeHZxz54P3njVRAJVVczMpDmGtKU7hD_CUtbaggY/edit?usp=sharing
 - Issue [link](#)
 - Next step: set up a meeting to discuss in more detail with Bala, Robert, Yuan, Caelan, J.P.
- Community meeting update
 - No speaker this month
- [Any new feedback?](#)
- [Any new mentoring requests?](#)
- ArgoCon/KubeCon

- <https://events.linuxfoundation.org/argocon/attend/convince-your-boss/>
- Reminder: [GitHub Discussions](#) when Slack isn't sufficient

Attendees:

- Eric Stewart / Intel
- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Robert Kotcher / Synthesis AI
- Julie Vogelman / Intuit
- Qianbo Huai / Intuit
- Mihir Pandya / GreenOps
- Kaitlynn Rivera / Morning Consult
- Rohan / Pipekit

12th July 2022

- [Artifact GC feature](#)

Attendees:

- Bala / Intuit
- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Robert Kotcher / Synthesis.ai
- Julie Vogelman / Intuit
- Dillen Padhiar / Intuit
- Rohan / 2586labs
- Jesse Suen / Akuity

5th July 2022

Rescheduled to July 12 due to USA holiday week

21st June 2022

- Review of in-progress issues/PRs
 - Issues
 - Status of [multi-cluster feature](#)?
 - Multi-cluster - further scoping and requirements clarity needed; [recording of Alex's POC demo](#)
 - Intuit/Pipekit are collecting use cases
 - [#8960](#) - variable whitespace issue
 - PRs
 - WIP: UI default to the namespace associated with ServiceAccount [PR](#)
 - Cannot view the UI for local development - blank page
- Priority Discussion [Argo Workflows Roadmap](#)

- V3.4 release target date? End of July
- Repeating: [any new feedback?](#)
- Repeating: [any new mentoring requests?](#)
- ArgoCon/KubeCon

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Dillen Padhiar / Intuit
- Christian Hernandez / Codefresh

7th June 2022

- Review of in-progress issues/PRs
 - Regressions
 - [#8895](#) - Dillen investigating
 - [#8837](#) - Julie opened a PR, expected this month
 - [#8746](#) - a good first issue, Dillen to investigate for now
 - [#8680](#) - Alex was investigating since related to emissary; J.P. to take a look and possibly support
 - Triage discussion
 - Bala, Dillen, Julie, Terry triaging ad hoc
 - PRs
 - [#8927](#) - J.P. to review
 - Emissary executor refactor in progress (Alex & Bala)
- Q3 Priority Discussion
 - [Argo Workflows Roadmap](#)
 - Multi-cluster - further scoping needed; [recording of Alex's POC demo](#)
 - V3.4 release - artifact visualization
 - V3.5 release - next round of multi-cluster features; Bala and Pipekit gathering requests and scoping down initial features
- Repeating: [any new feedback?](#)
 - [Argo Workflows catalog repo](#) - submit PRs if you have new ones
- Repeating: [any new mentoring requests?](#)

Attendees:

- Bala/Intuit
- Dillen / Intuit
- Mihir / GreenOps
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit

24th May 2022

- Change meeting to every two weeks.
- Terry will be the host when he's able to make it.
- JP to host when Terry is unavailable.
- Speak to Henrik/Daniel to discuss the community meetings.
- Terry to shadow next release.

Attendees:

- Bala / intuit
- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Alex Collins / Intuit
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit

17th May 2022

Canceled

10th May 2022

- Next week is Kubecon EU
- GSoC proposal review deadline May 12
- Repeating: [any new feedback?](#)
- Repeating: [any new mentoring requests?](#)

3rd May 2022

Topics:

- CVE
- Repeating: Google Summer of Code
 - Still need someone to help with this.
 - Review UI plugins `alex_collins@intuit.com`
 - Next deadline is to review 12th May to review proposals.
- Artifact Visualization
- Issue with WorkflowTaskResult
- Repeating: [any new feedback?](#)
- Repeating: [any new mentoring requests?](#)

Attendees:

- Bala / intuit
- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Alex Collins / Intuit

26th April 2022

Topics:

- Please add topics here
 - v3.3
- Mentor needed:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Amentoring+sort%3Acomments-asc>
- <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/8434>

Attendees:

- Bala/intuit
- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Daniel Helfand / Intuit
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Mihir Pandya / GreenOps

19th April 2022

Topics:

- Project hand-over:
 - Mentoring.
 - Google Summer of Code.
 - Mentee needs 20 hours and is available to hop on a Zoom.
 - JP and Willem offered to be a secondary mentor.
 - Bala is too busy.
 - 4 proposals for 2 projects = 2 mentees.
 - Terry to help with the backend, but not UI.
 - Multi-cluster. No timeline.
- Artifact project.

Attendees

- Daniel Helfand / Intuit
- Nicolo' Lino / Casavo
- Alex Collins - Intuit
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- William Van Hevelingen / Acquia
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Yuan Tang / Akuity

12th April 2022

Topics:

- Google Summer Of Code

- Memoization Storage
- UI Plugins
- <https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline>

Attendees:

- Jesse Suen / Akuity
- Alex Collins / Intuit
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Dillen Padhiar / Intuit
- Mihir Pandya / GreenOps
- Shyukri Shyukriev / MariaDB

5th April 2022

Topics:


- [v3.3.1: only the leader workflow-controller pod can expose metrics.](#)
- v3.4 vs v4.0
 - Stick with v3.4 until there is a stronger case.
 - Would stop users experimenting with new features.

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Mihir Pandya / GreenOps

29th March 2022

Topics:

- v3.3 stabilization (Patch releases)
 - Plugins and Hooks
 - Bug fixes
- v3.4  Argo Workflows Roadmap
 - Multi clusters

Attendees:

- Bala / Intuit
- J.P. / Pipekit
- William / Acquia
- Jesse Suen / Akuity
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Terry / Akuity

- Henrik / Intuit
- Dillen Padhiar

22nd March 2022

Topics:

- Multi-cluster
 - Removing the shared library
 - Factoring in Task Results
- HackDays
 - 8 survey responses
 - Push to a day-zero for ArgoCon 2022

Attendees:

- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Alex / Intuit
- Bala / Intuit
- Nicolo' Lino / Casavo
- Dillen/ Intuit

15th March 2022

Topics:

- v3.3.0 GA
- Tags and manifests.
- Multi-cluster.
- Discussion
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/issues/8158>

Attendees:

- Alex C
- Henrik
- Caelen
- Jesse
- J.P.
- Bala
- William
- Dillen

8th March 2022

- 3.3 GA release

- ~~Ensure patch pod technique still works~~ (we think it does)
- Call out new RBAC requirements in upgrading guide. It affects users of HTTP templates
 - Mandatory - if you use it, replace `update workflowtasksets` with `update workflowtasksets/status`.
 - Recommended - replace `patch pods` with `create tasksetresults . patch pods` will still work, but is less secure.
- Deprecation notice of patch pods

Attendees:

- Bala /Intuit
- J.P. / Pipekit
- Stephanie Palis/ Acquia
- William Van Hevelingen / Acquia
- Daniel Soifer / Codefresh
- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Jesse Suen / Akuity

1st March 2022

- <https://events.linuxfoundation.org/argocon/> 21st Sep
- [Mentoring](#) (Alex)
- Security Update (Alex)
- [3.2 regression](#)
 - Should we revert <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/6006> ?

Attendees:

- Alex Collins / Intuit
- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- William Van Hevelingen / Acquia
- Jesse Suen / Akuity

22th Feb 2022

- [Vote for security](#) (Alex)
 - Probably should focus on API server, primary attack surface.
- [Mentoring help](#) (Alex)
- [Membership requests](#) (Alex)
- [Plugins](#)
- Jetstream upgrade for Argo Events (Julie)

Attendees

- Alex Collins / Intuit
- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- William Van Hevelingen / Acquia
- JP / Pipekit
- Jesse / Akuity
- Bala / Intuit
- Dillen / Intuit
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit

14th Feb 2022

- Community meetings
- Kubecon EU
- 2022 survey
 - <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JFTDKGLK6tfnj4wrtGXe5Os1v5gc3LruEfVksOcc3BA/edit>
 - <https://github.com/argoproj/argoproj/issues/111> ← feedback here pls
- Mentoring (not GSoC)
 - <https://argoproj.github.io/argo-workflows/mentoring/>
- [ChatBot for triage and governance](#)
- Open Discussion
 - Any thoughts on the implementation detailed here? [argo-workflows/issues/7810](https://github.com/argoproj/argoproj/issues/7810)
 - Does anyone use hdfs? We need a manual test [argo-workflows/issues/7816](https://github.com/argoproj/argoproj/issues/7816)

Attendees

- William Van Hevelingen / Acquia
- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Alex Collins / Intuit

15th Feb 2022

Review update roadmap.

8th Feb 2022

Roadmap planning for workflows.

Argo Workflows Roadmap

- More Emissary executor:
 - Remove or disable other executors.
 - Address Emissary limitations:

- Deal with mandated command+args.
 - Deal with sidecar injection (e.g. istio)
 - Istio: [Better support for sidecar containers in batch jobs · Issue #6324 · istio/istio · GitHub](#)
 - Others?
- Have the emissary do the loading and saving of artifacts.
 - We may need to remove binaries from “argoexec” to achieve this.
- Security
 - Argoexec run as non-root (note with emissary, in the future there would not be a sidecar in most cases).
 - Reviewing fuzzers. See if more fuzzers are needed. - Intuit
 - Workflow/step parameter sanitization.
 - Re-evaluate workflow template tenancy model (i.e. [workflow restrictions](#))
 - Document where necessary
 - Remove “pod patch”, needs storage for outputs, e.g. CRD.
 - Remove binaries from “argoexec” image.
- Documentation:
 - How does templating work?
- Tech-debt:
 - Remove non-Emissary executors.
 - Remove unmaintained dependencies.
 - Use configmap informer.
 - Alternative to expr (e.g. CEL?).
 - Improve e2e testing.
- UI/Usability:
 - Consistent deep-links
 - View archived workflow logs easily.
 - Support many workflows.
 - Disable unavailable features (dataflow, events, archive).
 - Improved RBAC for Single Sign-on.
 - Surface workflow outputs in UI.
- Multi-cluster.
- Plugins.
 - More plugins.
 - Easy install.
 - Create a catalog.
 - UI plugins.
- Make envvar easy to configure.
- Count-based enhanced depends logic.
- Memoization storage.
- Plugins/HTTP Fit and Finish.
 - Agent CA certs. Intuit
- Artifact GC. Could be eco-system project. Provide docs?
- Meta-data propagation.

- New “when” condition using expressions.
- New “withParam” uses expressions. Ordered.

Attendees:

- Alex Collins (Intuit)
- Yuan Tang (Akuity)
- J.P. Zivalich (Pipekit)
- Stephanie Palis (Acquia)
- William Van Hevelingen (Acquia)
- Caelan Urquhart (Pipekit)
- Mohammad Loqman (Acquia)
- Jesse Suen (Akuity)
- Henrik Blixt (Intuit)
- Nicolo’ Lino (Casavo)

1st Feb 2022

1. Announcements
 - a. v3.3.0-rc1
2. Review the milestones
 - a. Skipping due to milestones being out of date. `jesse@akuity.io` Yuan, JP
 - b. Consider tech debt
 - c. <https://github.com/DeFiCh/oss-governance-bot>
- ~~3. Review the Kanbans — highlight what’s been finished, what’s new~~
4. Issues that need help - need to bring them forward
 - a. [feat: Support parameters in workflow meta-data. Fixes #3434](#)
 - b. [feat: add SSO Impersonate with SubjectAccessReviews](#)
5. Discussions & decisions - need to be brought to the meeting
 - a. Dependabot feedback
 - i. 14 dependencies have been updated on argo events
 - ii. 8 dependencies have been updated on argo workflows, ~15 remaining
 - iii. grpc has caused a few PRs to fail due to lint errors and causes a test failure on argo-workflows. William has manually fixed the lint errors as they came up and he is looking into the e2e failure.
 - iv. Snyk has caused a lot of PRs on argo-events to fail
 - v. Lack of tests in pkg to prevent broken updates.
 - b. argoproj/pkg lacks docs
 - i. Needs a new release and a k8s update
 - c. Label to mark issues as “good first issue” like K8s? ([label here](#))
6. AOB/If there’s time...
 - a. Oss-fuzz issues
 - b. SBOM

Attendees

- Alex Collins/Intuit
- William Van Hevelingen / Acquia
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Henrik Blixt (Intuit)

25th Jan 2022

7. Announcements
8. Review the milestones
9. Review the Kanbans - highlight what's been finished, what's new
10. Issues that need help - need to bring them forward
11. Discussions & decisions - need to be brought to the meeting
 - a. pkg/errors - please review 7440
 - b. Any appetite for dependabot? William to set-up.
12. AOB/If there's time...
 - a. v3.3
 - b. oss-fuzz
 - c. KubeCon EU
 - d. Question about emissary, update docs
 - e. Anyone use workflows in FEDRAMP? FIPS

Attendees

- Alex Collins/Intuit
- J.P. Zivalich/Pipekit
- Bala/Intuit
- William Van Hevelingen/Acquia
- Yuan Tang/Akuity
- Daniel Soifer / Codefresh
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Stephanie Palis/Acquia

18th Jan 2022

saravanan_balasubramanian@intuit.com to host

13. Announcements
14. Review the milestones
15. Review the Kanbans - highlight what's been finished, what's new
16. Issues that need help - need to bring them forward
17. Discussions & decisions - need to be brought to the meeting

- a. v3.3 RC1 - this week
 - b. Multi cluster support
18. AOB/If there's time...

Attendees:

- 1. Bala/Intuit
- 2. J.P. / Pipekit
- 3. Yuan Tang / Akuity
- 4. Daniel Soifer / Codefresh
- 5. Jesse Suen / Akuity

12th Jan 2022

saravanan_balasubramanian@intuit.com to host

- 1. Announcements
- 2. Review the milestones
- 3. Review the Kanbans - highlight what's been finished, what's new
- 4. Issues that need help - need to bring them forward
- 5. Discussions & decisions - need to be brought to the meeting
- 6. AOB/If there's time...

Attendees:

- 1. Bala /Intuit
- 2. Yuan Tang / Akuity
- 3. Daniel Soifer / Codefresh
- 4. J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- 5. Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit

4th Jan 2022

saravanan_balasubramanian@intuit.com to host

- 7. Announcements
- 8. Review the milestones
- 9. Review the Kanbans - highlight what's been finished, what's new
- 10. Issues that need help - need to bring them forward
- 11.
- 12. Discussions & decisions - need to be brought to the meeting
 - a.
 - a. Daemon steps need some attention due to regular bugs
- 13. AOB/If there's time...

Attendees:

Bala/Intuit

- 1. J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit

2. Yuan Tang / Akuity
3. William Van Hevelingen / Acquia
4. Henrik Blixt (Intuit)
5. Daniel Soifer / Codefresh
6. Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit

28st Dec 2021

Canceled

21st Dec 2021

Canceled

14th Dec 2021

14. Announcements
 - a. 10k stars
15. Review the milestones
16. Review the Kanbans - highlight what's been finished, what's new
17. Issues that need help - need to bring them forward
18. Discussions & decisions - need to be brought to the meeting
 - a. William Van Hevelingen looked at not maintained go.mod dependencies.
 - i. Failed attempt: <https://github.com/argoproj/argo-rollouts/issues/1091>
 - b. Daemon steps need some attention due to regular bugs
19. AOB/If there's time...
 - a. Mentoring ([contributors](#)) ([slack thread](#))
 - b. Hack days ([survey](#))
 - c. Cancel holiday season meetings
 - d. Bala to run in January

Attendees:

- Alex Collins/Intuit
- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Jesse Suen / Akuity
- William Van Hevelingen / Acquia
- Jason Keller / Acquia

7th Dec 2021

Cancelled due ArgoCon.

30th Nov 2021

20. Announcements
 - a. New Zoom link
 - b. 8th ArgoCon next week
21. Review the milestones
22. Review the Kanbans - highlight what's been finished, what's new
- ~~23. Lightning demos:~~
24. Issues that need help - need to bring them forward
25. Discussions & decisions - need to be brought to the meeting
 - a. Synchronisation mechanism improvements (Denis)
 - i. Alternative proposal:
<https://github.com/argoproj/argo-workflows/pull/7302#issuecomment-982917593>
26. AOB/If there's time...
 - a. [Plugins](#).
 - i. v1, v2 etc
 - ii. WASM
 - b. Mentoring ([contributors](#)) ([slack thread](#))
 - c. Hack days ([survey](#) to gauge interest)

Attendees:

- Alex Collins/Intuit
- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Nicolo' Lino / Casavo
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Denis Melnik / Codefresh
- Daniel Soifer / Codefresh
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Jesse Suen / Akuity
- Michael Crenshaw / Intuit
- Saravanan Balasubramanian / Intuit

23rd Nov 2021

27. Announcements
28. Review the milestones
29. Review the Kanbans - highlight what's been finished, what's new
30. Lightning demos:
31. Issues that need help - need to bring them forward
 - a. Pods getting stuck on "latest" - JP
32. Discussions & decisions - need to be brought to the meeting

- a. Commercial support
 - b. WASM plugins.
 - c. Daemon steps need attention.
 - d. Debug pause
 - e. Hack day
33. AOB/If there's time...
- a. 1h -> 30m
 - b. New zoom

16th Nov 2021

34. Announcements
- a. Community meeting tomorrow
35. Review the milestones
36. Review the Kanbans - highlight what's been finished, what's new
37. Lightning demos
38. Issues that need help - need to bring them forward
- a. Pods getting stuck on "latest" - JP
39. Discussions & decisions - need to be brought to the meeting
- a. WASM plugins. Similar to Go plugins (without go.mod downsides).
40. AOB/If there's time...

Attendees

- Please add name/org here...
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Yuan Tang / Akuity.io
- David Seapy
- Daniel Soifer / Codefresh
- Jesse / Akuity.io
- Nicolo' Lino / Casavo
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit

9th Nov 2021

41. Announcements
42. Review the milestones
43. Review the Kanbans - highlight what's been finished, what's new
44. Lightning demos
45. Issues that need help - need to bring them forward
46. Discussions & decisions - need to be brought to the meeting
- a. Workflows Controller Plugins
 - b. First time user experience
47. AOB/If there's time...

Attendees

- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Daniel Soifer / Codefresh
- Denis Melnik / Codefresh
- Jesse Suen / Akuity.io

2nd Nov 2021

- 48. Announcements
- 49. Review the milestones
- 50. Review the Kanbans - highlight what's been finished, what's new
 - a. Regression in daemon steps not restarting during workflow retry
 - i. Possible solution: mark daemon steps as failed
 - b. Workflow spec offloading
 - i. Evaluate spec offloaded to either HTTP or git
 - ii. Similar to current feature where a Workflow references a WorkflowTemplate
 - iii. Could be a rabbit hole (credential management - git/http, git features)
- 51. Lightning demos
 - a. Workflows Controller Plugins
 - i. What should be plugin mechanism (~~go-plugin~~, grpc, wasm)
 - ii. Envoy webassembly extension:
 - <https://speedscale.com/2021/07/22/creating-envoy-webassembly-extensions/>
- 52. Issues that need help - need to bring them forward
- 53. Discussions & decisions - need to be brought to the meeting
 - a. [New workflow "terminated" state](#)
 - i. Not an option.
- 54. AOB/If there's time...

Attendees

- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Daniel Soifer / Codefresh
- Denis Melnik / Codefresh
- Ziv Levi / Codefresh
- Saravanan Balasubramanian / Intuit
- Alex Collins / Intuit
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Jesse Suen / Akuity

26th Oct 2021

- 55. Announcements

56. Review the milestones
57. Review the Kanbans - highlight what's been finished, what's new
58. Lightning demos
59. Issues that need help - need to bring them forward
60. Discussions & decisions - need to be brought to the meeting
 - a. Pipelines tab says permission forbidden
61. AOB/If there's time...
 - a. Workflow SDKs
 - b. Dataflow chats with people update
 - c. Pluggability - thoughts?
 - d. Low Code/No Code - is this hot air or something more?

Attendees

- Jesse Suen / Akuity
- Hong Wang / Akuity
- Ziv Levi / Codefresh
- Daniel Soifer / Codefresh
- Denis Melnik / Codefresh
- Yaroslav Drachenko / Codefresh
- J.P. Zivalich/Pipekit
- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Alex Collins / Intuit
- Saravanan Balasubramanian / Intuit
- Henrik Blixt / Intuit
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit

19th Oct 2021

62. Announcements
63. Review the milestones
64. Review the Kanbans - highlight what's been finished, what's new
65. Lightning demos
66. Issues that need help - need to bring them forward
67. Discussions & decisions - need to be brought to the meeting
68. AOB/If there's time...
 - a. [Fixing all security issues for CNCF](#)
 - i. We'll try and fix issues
 - b. Low friction contribution - what's blocking you?
 - i. JP using Docker to run codegen
 - ii. Install out of GOPATH cause problems `derek_wang@intuit.com`
 - iii. Vending binary toolchain works for rollouts.
 - c. Roadmaps - see above - request for comments
 - d. Multi-cluster workflows design

- i. Controller level read (list/watch)
 - ii. Namespace level write (create/delete)
- e. Better Python support:
 - i. Is this just MIOps?
 - ii. Jupyter notebooks. Transform notebook into workflow.
 - iii. Could help other projects better integrate.
 - iv. Not build in MIOps features.
- f. Low Code/No Code

Attendees

- Alex Collins/Intuit
- J.P. Zivalich / Pipekit
- Caelan Urquhart / Pipekit
- Jesse Suen / Akuity
- Hong Wang / Akuity
- Yuan Tang / Akuity
- Saravanan Balasubramanian / Intuit
- Henrik Blixt / Intuit
- Michael Crenshaw / Intuit

12th Oct 2021

Cancelled due to KubeCon NA.

5th Oct 2021

1. Announcements
 - a. v3.2 GA 11th Oct
2. Review the milestones
3. Review the Kanbans - highlight what's been finished, what's new
4. Lightning demos
5. Issues that need help - need to bring them forward
6. Discussions & decisions - need to be brought to the meeting
7. AOB/If there's time...
 - a. What's the best use of these meetings?
 - i. Help first time contributors.
 - ii. Keep a track of what is being worked on.
 - iii. Discuss what's next.
 - iv. Make decisions (e.g. APIs, design)
 - v. Unblock people (nudge people on PR reviews)
 - vi. Issues people need help with. E.g. hard triage.
 - b. How should we structure these meetings?
 - i. Announcements
 - ii. Review the milestones

- iii. Review the Kanbans - highlight what's been finished, what's new
 - iv. Lightning demos
 - v. Issues that need help - need to bring them forward
 - vi. Discussions & decisions - need to be brought to the meeting
 - vii. AOB/If there's time...
1. Show we record the meetings? Yes
 2. Multi-cluster workflows
 3. Storage options for dataflow
 4. Pluggability

Attendees:

- Yuan Tang
- Jesse Suen
- Henrik Blixt
- Alex Collins/Intuit
- Saravanan Balasubramanian/Intuit
- Udit Chaudhary/Atlan
- Caelan Urquhart/ Pipekit.io