The top five changes requested by the SMITE community (via /r/Smite)
The top five changes were determined on the number of mentions and the rating each publisher obtained through upvotes on Reddit.
**Note - None of the proposed changes below promise any direct involvement with the developers of SMITE or changes to the game. I wanted the opportunity for the community to voice their opinion and have it be sent to the executives of Hi-Rez Studios in a organized and documented fashion. Any action made based off of this document is up to the developers.
1. Item Variety
- Item builds are very homogenous for their god class (ADC, Tank, etc.).
- No item restrictions for mages/physical.
- Several people mentioned that Magic Resist itemization is lacking.
- More ability based items.
- More specialized items; items that can influence play style (“Hydra's Lament, Golden Bow, and Polynomicon”)
2. Less "Super Soldier" Gods
- Many people noted that Tanks should be the only class that has hard CC
- This includes protections as well, "Zhong has more passive protection than Sobek"
- There are many gods who have "fuller" kits compared class counterparts, making them more favorable to be picked.
- Update older gods to match the newer released gods.
- Make goodwill more relevant by offering more favor or worshipers to those with 100% goodwill.
- Several people mentioned that worshippers can be a struggle to obtain, even in a 60 minute game.
- Worshiper bonuses for accomplished objectives (i.e. Team objectives, team kills, etc. so that support/tank players are not overlooked).
- Match players with poor goodwill in matchmaking.
- Worshipper overhaul suggestion - http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/1mojxv/suggestion_a_worshiper_overhaul/
- Contract players to look at reports.
- Leavers should be punished more severely.
- Representatives of Hi-Rez (streamers, casters, etc.) should be reviewed more severely for being bad mannered.
5. Allow for players to choose the old targeters
- Multiple players have mentioned that it is difficult to see the new targeters and would like for the option to revert back to the old targeters.
Issue: Putting more "skill" in "skill shots"
Issue: Selective Instant Casting
- Have the ability to toggle whether an individual ability can be casted instantly, quickly or normally.