You didn’t make a mistake. The tools on Weebly just don’t allow scroling on mobile devices.
So, that leaves us with 4 choices that I can think of:
- Manually type all of the info directly onto the website. (Not a great option).
- Substitute a downloadable doc that will work on all devices. (See the example on the ‘Thankdeka’ page I created on the site).
- Keep the files that we have now, but add an additional downloadable doc for those using mobile devices.
- Upload your PDFs to Google Drive, and then embed them on the UUFSA website. Directions below, and also on a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti8YTsMe3y4&app=desktop
How To Embed a Google Drive PDF On UUFSA.org
- Create a Google account.
- Upload your PDF to Google Drive. Go to Google Drive at https://drive.google.com/drive
- Open the PDF. Click on ‘File’, and then on ‘Publish to the Web’. In the pop-up window select ‘Embed’. Select ‘Publish’, and then ‘OK’.
- You will see a rectangle with embed code in it. The code will look something like the code below. Click ‘Control/C’ on your keyboard to copy this code into the buffer.
8. Open Weebly. Go to the page where you want to embed the Google doc.
9. Click on Build. Select the <Embed Code> button and drag it to the page.
10. Paste the Google Doc embed code into the box. (Control/V).
11. See if you want to use this method. If so, there are a few more pieces of .html code that you’ll want to add to place things properly on the page. You’ll find these instructions in the video.