Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Children’s House - Board of Directors Meeting
2.11.17 – Hamerschlag Home
11033 Road 29 (Totten Lake Road) Cortez
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission – The Early Childhood Program at Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori methods in a safe and nurturing environment to inspire students’ sense of wonder, innate desire to work and learn, and positive engagement with their community.
Montessori Book/Article Discussion – http://www.educationnews.org/k-12-schools/study-focus-on-empathy-not-punishment-improves-discipline/
If you are having difficulty with this link, please type the words empathy and discipline into the search bar in the upper right corner of the Education News website.
If you are having difficulty with this link, please type discipline and school philosophy into the search bar on the KQED news webpage.
Lead for next Montessori Book Discussion (TBD at meeting) -
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- Motion to Adopt Agenda
- Community Member Forum: Community members may use this time to speak to the board; five minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please contact Matt Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Group Activity (8:30-8:45)
- 2017 BOD Evaluation- taken live at the meeting, please bring a computer or tablet to take the Google Form survey (8:45-10:00)-Shamai
- Take Survey
- Discuss Results
- Strategic Plan (10-11:30)-Lexi
- Long-term planning
- Program alignment with Mission and Vision
- Lunch- pack your own sack lunch (11:30-12:30)-Lexi
- Review and update Board Calendar for Review and use for in planning of future Board meetings. (12:30-1pm)-Shamai
- Montessori Principles (1pm-2pm)-Lexi
- Cosmic education (webinar)
- Article discussion
- New Business
- Shared Board Information
- Upcoming events
- Next BOD meeting
- Status of previous meeting’s action items – Tamia
- Review all Action Items – Tamia
- Items for Future Agenda(s) – BOD President