Carpinone Style Polenta
From The Kitchen Of: Yolanda Caccamo Quackenbush
* 12 cups of water
* 2 tsp of sea salt
* 1 lb of corn meal
* About 3-4 cups of sauce (my mom makes a homemade marinara with Shataki
* Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
* About 5-6 Italian Sausage Links (baked or grilled (my mom baked hers with sweet bell
peppers and sage)
* Slice the cooked sausage and set aside or leave it in the oven to stay warm
*Fill a large pot with 12 cups of water until it comes to a boil
*Once it comes to a boil, add salt
* Turn the heat on med low and slowly whisk the Polenta in the water a
handful at a time, until all the Polenta is eventually in there. It is important to only do a handful at a time so that there are no lumps
* This step should take about 15 minutes
* Now switch to a wooden Spoon and let cook while continuing to stir for
another 15-20 minutes. Make sure you keep stirring it to prevent lumps.
(It may look done, but it's not. It is important to make sure the Polenta is
* Next, spread the Polenta onto a Large Wooden Board (If you do not have a
large wooden Board, individual plates are fine.
* Spread a layer of sauce on top
* Generously sprinkle your Grated Cheese all over the top (half of the one
shown has no cheese, because somebody didn't want any :/)
* Spread your Pieces of Sausage over the top
* Enjoy eating this right off the board with a fork or get a spatula and serve
yourself some some onto a plate! Either way its delicious!
* A salad goes really well with this meal!