South Zone Platinum (Travel/Select) Softball Teams Guidelines
OBJECTIVE: To offer a Tournament Program to teams that don’t play thru leagues or to teams looking for a higher level of competition against teams that play with other programs and to separate league all-stars from travel ball. The goal is to better prepare these players for High School and college level play. Create tournament format for both travel teams and league all star teams that allows all teams the same opportunity to advance and win a National Tournament in their own program.
All teams’ participating in PONY Platinum must be a 2014 registered member with PONY Girls Softball. Teams may register as an independent team with Pony at www.pony.org .
League 1 team registration is $30 per team.
Registration as part of a club or league is priced based on number of teams in each division. 1=$30, 2=$22.50 ea, 3= $20ea, 4=$18 ea, 5 or more $15each.
Teams registering under single team league or as part of a league must be indentified to the local Pony Directors as Platinum.
*Failure to identify these teams could result in the leagues membership not being accepted by Pony.
All Platinum Teams will be given an ID and Password and instructions to complete a roster before May 1, 2014 or immediately it they register after May 1st. Up 5 changes thru the add/drop system can be made to the roster prior to July 2th for participation in World Series.
* Advantages of Platinum Registration
No league play requirement
Flexible Tournament Rosters—5 add/drops
Only 10 players required on roster
Patches not required
* Qualification for World Series:
* Classification of Teams:
Teams will be classified PLATINUM if they register as a travel/select team with PONY. Teams registering as league teams are required to identify themselves or have the league identify them to the local PONY Director.
Leagues and Teams are responsible for Platinum Team Classifications. The Region Director will investigate teams that are brought to their attention and with Division Director’s approval may reclassify a team. All reclassification or appeals must be made before June 15, 2014
Team/Leagues that want to maintain “league-ball” status must comply with League Regulation 5 – Selection of players (Rule Book page 5). Team/Leagues not formed in accordance with Regulation #5 will be considered Platinum team/leagues. Deviations from PONY regulation may result in classifying team/leagues under platinum for tournament play
* Divisions in Platinum:
1. Pinto 8U, Mustang, Bronco, Pony, Colt, & Palomino 18U
2. A “Team” is limited to only one classification within a division of Tournament play.
* Team Roster: Official PONY roster must be registered on-line. Roster must consist of a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 18; final roster is due by July 2th.
* Eligible Platinum Players:
Players not currently playing with any PONY team or league.
Players from other Platinum Teams under the add/drop system
League players shall not participate with more than one Pony Baseball/Softball league organization during the Pony Season without league written permission.
2014 SOUTH ZONE GIRLS SOFTBALL
PLAYER ADD/DROP REQUEST FORM
This form shall be completely filled out before approval process can begin.
1. It must be filled out completely and signed by all requested parties.
2. It must be received by the PONY Region Director on or before Wednesday prior to a weekend’s event.
3. It must be accompanied by the $25.00 player transfer fee, checks made payable to PONY Girls Softball and delivered, or over-night mail to the Region Director (waive the signature requirement on over night letters).
4. The player(s) must return all team uniforms, equipment, funds, or any other property of the releasing team prior to the request being valid. A player can only request one add process in a tournament season.
5. A copy of the added player’s birth certificate must accompany this form.
6. A maximum of five players can be added to a team’s PONY roster, after on-line submission per season.
7. After July 2, a player shall be added to a roster only to replace a player with medical certification. A copy of the medical certification on the injured player shall accompany this request. The injured player shall not be eligible to play for the remainder of the season. The season ends upon completion of the World Series.
I, _______________________________, hereby request my Unconditional release
from the roster of: _______________________________ ID#_____________________
(Team name) (Team ID number).
I will now be playing for __________________________ ID#_____________________
(Team name) (Team ID number).
Player’s Signature:________________________ Date:___________ Uniform #: ______
Player’s Birth date: __________________Parent’s Home Phone: ___________________
Player’s City:______________________________________ State:____Zip:__________
Old Manager’s Signature:________________________Date:__________Phone:__________
New Manager’s Signature:________________________Date:__________Phone:__________
By signing this form, the player and parent/guardian agree to the following:
In consideration for being permitted to participate in PONY Girls Softball, we hereby agree for ourselves, heirs, and assigns, to release and forever discharge the PONY Girls Softball program (PONY Baseball, Inc.) their employees, officers, and directors, from all claims, actions, or judgments, we may have or claim to have against PONY Girls Softball for all personnel injuries, including death, and injuries to property, real or personnel, caused or arising our of our participation in the PONY Girls Softball program, either leagues or tournaments. We further agree for ourselves, successors, heirs, and assigns, to indemnify and hold PONY Girls Softball harmless from all claims and suits. The player is in good health and has no physical condition that would prevent her from participating in PONY Girls Softball events.
For Official Use Only:
Roster Move Approved_____Denied______on______day of____________________
PONY Girls Softball South Zone Region Director
1. A roster shall not exceed 18 players.
2. A player shall only appear on one PONY Baseball/Softball roster at any time.
3. A maximum of five players (whether on another roster or not) may be added to a PONY roster, once the roster is submitted on-line, during the season. The season ends upon completion of the World Series..
4. Prior to July 2 at the discretion of the Region Director, a player may be added to a PONY roster. The team requesting the add, shall provide the following to the Region Director:
5. After July 2, at the discretion of the Region Director, a player may be only added to a PONY roster based on medical certification. The team requesting the add shall provide the following to the Region Director:
6. If a manager informs a player that the manager intends to remove her from the team’s PONY roster without the player’s consent, the manager is obligated to release the player from the team via an add/drop form.
7. If a team ceases to exist prior to the end of the season, the manager shall release all PONY roster players via an add/drop form.
8. The added player shall not play with the acquiring team until the Region Director approves the Add/Drop Form and completes number 9 below. If a player participates in a PONY sanctioned tournament prior to satisfying these requirements, the player and manager are subject to the illegal player penalties.
9. Upon the Region Director’s approval of an added player, PONY will add the player to the team’s roster. The PONY Roster in the database (the TTEA) is always the Official Roster. The manager will print the NEW roster with the player’s name and have her and her parent sign the roster (the other players do not sign this roster). This roster is attached to the team’s roster.
10. A player can only use the add/drop process one time in a tournament season.
11. In the event of a player’s ability to move to a new team is challenged by either party, the PONY Region Director and PONY South Zone Division Director will have the final decision.