Manager for the Teachers Centre at The Fabindia School Bali
Manager Training and Learning
Conduct and supervise training programs for teachers. Work for developing skills, enhancing productivity and quality of work, and building the passion in the school staff to lead young people.
Summary and Main Purpose:
The post will be responsible for the key areas of: Learning, building resources and Training in Bali Rajasthan. This post will also actively participate in aspects of Strengthening the Structure and leadership development. Work closely with the Principal of The Fabindia School to ensure coordination of activity, policy and strategy.
The role has overall responsibility for the key areas of:
- Design, develop and implement the capacity building and training, particularly in the developing and facilitating of best practices, develop training programmes and plans.
- Maintain and develop effective and productive relationships with key delivery partnership organisations and others.
- Proactively develop and support the staff and students at The Fabindia School
Scope of work
Training specialists - plan, organize, and direct a wide range of training activities. Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new employees. Help rank-and-file teaches to maintain and improve their job skills, and possibly prepare for jobs requiring greater skill. Help supervisors improve their interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively with students and the school community. In order to identify and assess training needs within the school, the trainer may confer with the management and supervisors or conduct surveys. They also periodically evaluate training effectiveness.
Training methods include on-the-job training; classroom training; and electronic learning, which may involve interactive Internet-based training, multimedia programs, distance learning, satellite training, videos and other computer-aided instructional technologies, simulators, conferences, and workshops.
In addition to the role as a Trainer and mentor to the school staff the individual will have added responsibilities:
- Proactively manage and staff the development activities and calendar. This includes the managing of visits of guests and invitees and from time to time connect with the alumni, friends and outside groups.
- Work with the Principal, relevant faculty and staff, establish development objectives and priorities for the School. She will also be responsible for updating and maintaining official documents of the school at one source.
- Will be required to travel with the Principal for meetings, training and development programs.
Other leadership accountabilities include:
- The incumbent must have the requisite experience and expertise to effectively lead and make substantive impact in an environment with both indirect and direct reporting relationships and highly varied stakeholders.
- This position requires strategic planning plus strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence at all levels of an organization.
- Strong negotiation and motivation skills as well as innovation and self-confidence are success factors for this position.
- This position requires a forward-looking, strategic mindset with the imagination and foresight to conceptualize new ideas and opportunities, as well as the implementation skills to bring those ideas to fruition.
- The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to inspire and lead a team of dedicated professionals.
- This individual should be both a confident leader and roll-up-your-sleeves contributor as needed.
- Skill in motivating others, including senior management, faculty, volunteers, prospects, alumni and staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to work effectively with others (often with diverse interests and opinions) to accomplish a goal.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Leadership and the ability to appreciate and articulate the School’s, the Bhadrajun Artisans Trust’s vision, values and programs to prospects, donors, volunteers and development staff in an engaging, motivating and inspirational manner.
- A demonstrated successful track record of working effectively with academic leaders.
- Exceptional communication and excellent interpersonal skills. A clear and confident communication style which shows spirit, enthusiasm and integrity.
- Have the managerial skills to setup and operate the proposed Teachers Centre
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required with a preference for an advanced degree. Minimum five years of work experience and a demonstrated ability to deliver will be added advantages for the applicants. If you are around 30 years of age, you will be a front runner!
The school is located in Bali, Rajasthan and the post requires that the incumbent stay in the village.
Earning & Learnings for you:
- Travel to learn and out-of-pocket expenses when on the job will be covered. If you want to really see the best part of Rajasthan and appreciate the culture of the land, this job will really excite you.
- Salary and emoluments will be commensurate to qualification and the ability of the individual to perform as per KPIs.
- More than the Salary, as an innovator you will go very far and be happy for joining us!