BRAND EXPRESSION GUIDELINES
- Our Association Name and Nomenclature
- The legal name of our Association is the Texas Auto Writers Association, Inc., which may be represented by the use of Texas Auto Writers Association, as well as by the use of “TAWA”
- Our Association name must be used accurately and consistently in all written and verbal communications to help others identify and understand our Association.
- When using our name in text, never use all lowercase letterforms to represent our Association or legal name of Texas Auto Writers Association, Inc. or the optional Texas Auto Writers Association.
- Never abbreviate our name or use our name as part of an acronym.
- When using TAWA to represent our name in text, always use uppercase letterforms.
- Our Association logo must be used accurately and consistently in all graphic communications to help others identify and understand our Association, this avoiding confusion. All approved logo graphic designs are available in the TAWA media kit that includes color designations and font requirements.
- Basic Rules for Event Name
- While there are events that the Texas Auto Writers Association may have a presence at or participate in, there are currently only two events each year that are officially sponsored for member involvement.
- When referring to TAWA sponsored events in text, our name should be included as in -
- Texas Auto Writers Association’s Texas Truck Rodeo
- Texas Truck Rodeo by the Texas Auto Writers Association
- or the shorter - TAWA Texas Truck Rodeo
- Texas Auto Writers Association’s Texas Auto Roundup
- Texas Auto Roundup by/from the Texas Auto Writers Association
- or the shorter – TAWA Texas Auto Roundup
- other variations must be approved in writing by the President of TAWA.
- When referencing TAWA sponsored events graphically, or text on graphic, the appropriate logo should be used so as to convey the proper image of the Association.
- Basic Rules for Award Name
- Our Association currently will present an award to category winners at the two sponsored events. The use of the award name must be used correctly to properly identify the Association.
- When using an award name in text, never use all lowercase letterforms to represent the award name.
- When using an award name, the inclusion … of Texas … is required.
- Example; award recipient name, award name of Texas
- When using an award name in text, there must be a clear and distinct correlation to the Association name of Texas Auto Writers Association, Inc., or Texas Auto Writers Association.
- When using the award title in a graphical representation, there must be a logo viewable that is clearly correlated to the award title and the Association.
- When using the award title in a graphical representation, the subtext to the award title must include the verbiage –
- as voted on by the Texas Auto Writers Association
- in the example provided, the second line may be in a smaller size that remains easily recognizable
- example: (winner name) Truck of Texas possible logo
as voted on by the Texas Auto Writers Association placement
- Names must never:
- Be joined with another trademark without written approval from the presiding President of the Association.
- Be graphically stylized, joined with any graphic element or used as a signature or logo. Names should always appear in the same font used in the headline, copy or text of the overall communication.
- Use letters, numeral or symbols in lieu of words.
- The use of our name must never associate the Texas Auto Writers Association, Inc with
- Illegal activities,
- Content or practices which demean, ridicule or attack individuals or groups on the basis of age, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or handicap,
- Pornography, obscene or sexually explicit/suggestive material or content,
- Material deemed to be harmful to children,
- Tobacco or alcoholic beverages, firearms, ammunition or fireworks,
- Gambling, contraceptives, violence or terrorism,
- Vulgar or obscene language,
- Solicitation of funds,
- Extreme political or social activism that would compromise the journalistic integrity of the Association or the members of the Association.
- For additional guidance with developing the use of the Texas Auto Writers Association, Inc. name or the awards associated with the Association, please contact the Board of Directors.
- The use of the TAWA logo, TAWA name nomenclature as outlined in this document requires review by the President of the organization or a designated person who is responsible for providing approval of the proposed use of our name and or logo in writing to the requestor.
- All current Brand Assets can be found on the Association’s GOOGLE DRIVE
TEXAS AUTO WRITERS ASSOCIATION, INC
REVISION 1.0 OCT 29 2014
REVISION 1.1 FEB 18 2016