Great news! We received many new enrollments today as the result of the City of Plano’s Sustainability & Environmental Education email distribution early this morning. Therefore, we wanted to make sure that all enrollees had a quick checklist of their key next steps. Some of you that plan to proceed have already completed some, or all of the steps. However, for those that have not and are still planning or proceed further, these steps need to be completed on or before July 23 and July 31.
1. Do a little homework on your annual electricity consumption. See Homework Assignment for a simple exercise to calculate example solar PV system sizes based on your annual electricity consumption.
2. Download this presentation file - 2014 Solarize Plano Information Session presentation (pdf).
The first slide contains some updated timeline information related to the phase 2 extension that is currently open and described in the May 16 blog posting at www.solarizeplano.org
3. Invest about 30-45 minutes watching the project online video Information Session meeting which presents the slide presentation you have downloaded in step 2 above.
4. If after completing steps 1-3 above, you believe that you are ready for a home site assessment, complete this online form - 2014 Decision Point 2 Form Questionnaire . The last day to complete this form is July 23. However, the sooner we have your DP2 response, the sooner your site assessment can be scheduled and a proposal can be prepared by the selected solar company for your consideration. The available Oncor incentive funds are continuing to be used up, so the sooner you make a decision, the better your chances that Oncor incentive funding will still be available.
5. If your decision is to sign a contract with the solar company, the last day to sign is July 31. Again, as stated in step 4, the available Oncor incentive funds are continuing to be used up, so the sooner you make a decision, the better your chances that Oncor incentive funding will still be available.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us by email so that we can setup a call or meeting to address them. Especially let us know if you have any questions or problems with the embedded links to the files and videos in this email.
Thanks again for your interest in the Solarize Plano Project and tapping the local solar energy that we have here in Plano!
Larry Howe (firstname.lastname@example.org) , Bob Litwins (email@example.com), and all the volunteers with Plano Solar Advocates, a 100% grassroots volunteer group
**** To review this and prior Project Communications, go to the URL below ***** http://www.solarizeplano.org/p/communications.html