Exporting/Importing Feedback Questions Moodle ISU
This document shows the process needed to export questions from a course evaluation and import the file into a new evaluation the following semester. The exported file is in XML format.
This guide will help you to:
Related course evaluation documentation:
Export Questions from the Course Evaluation
- Login to Moodle ISU. For more information, see Accessing Moodle ISU for Faculty
- As of Fall 2017, the Navigation Block that used to appear to the bottom left of your page has been replaced. Follow the instructions below to edit your course evaluation.
- On the left hand side of the page, in the Navigation Drawer, Click Site Home. (If hidden, the Navigation Drawer is expanded by clicking on the white icon with three horizontal black lines in the upper left corner of your screen.)
- On the right side of the Moodle ISU homepage, Locate the Main Menu Block.
- Click the name of your course evaluation.
- Once you are in the evaluation, Click the Templates tab located at the top of the page.
- Click Export questions at the bottom of the page.
- Save your file with a filename that you can easily remember and to somewhere you can easily locate (e.g., My Documents or Desktop).
- Click OK.
Import Questions into the Course Evaluation
- Access the new course evaluation.
- Click the Templates tab located at the top of the page.
- Click Import questions at the bottom of the page.
- Select an option to delete old items or append new items before importing your files.
- The Delete old items option allows you to delete any current questions that you may have saved previously that are outdated or are no longer needed for the current evaluation.
- The Append new items option allows you to import new questions while preserving all previously imported questions in your evaluation.
- Click Choose a file.
- To upload a file from your computer, Click Upload a file in the left column of the File picker.
- Click Browse.
- Locate the XML question file you previously saved (on your computer).
- Select the file.
- Click Upload this file.
Note: Alternatively, you can click and hold the file you wish to upload, then drag it to into the box on the Import questions page.
- Click Yes to import your file.
- The message “Imported Successfully” will appear on the screen and your questions will be in the course evaluation.
- Click the Edit questions tab to view them.
For more information, see Building Feedback
For additional assistance, contact the ITRC - (208) 282-5880 or email email@example.com
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.