Exporting/Importing Feedback Questions Moodle ISU
This document shows the process needed to export questions from a course evaluation and import the file into a new evaluation the following semester. The exported file is in XML format.
This guide will help you to:
Related course evaluation documentation:
Export Questions from the Course Evaluation
- Login to Moodle ISU. For more information, see Accessing Moodle ISU for Faculty
- On Moodle ISU homepage, Locate the course evaluation in the Main Menu block.
- Click on the name of your course evaluation to access it.
- Once you are in the evaluation, Click the Templates tab located at the top of the page.
- Click Export questions at the bottom of the page.
- Save your file with a filename that you can easily remember and to somewhere you can easily locate (e.g., My Documents or Desktop).
- Click OK.
Import Questions into the Course Evaluation
- Access the new course evaluation.
- Click the Templates tab located at the top of the page.
- Click Import questions at the bottom of the page.
- Select an option to delete old items or append new items before importing your files.
- The Delete old items option allows you to delete any current questions that you may have saved previously that are outdated or are no longer needed for the current evaluation.
- The Append new items option allows you to import new questions while preserving all previously imported questions in your evaluation.
- Click Choose a file.
- To upload a file from your computer, Click Upload a file in the left column of the File picker.
- Click Browse.
- Locate the XML question file you previously saved (on your computer).
- Select the file.
- Click Upload this file.
Note: Alternatively, you can click and hold the file, then drag it to into the box on the Import questions page.
- Click Yes to import your file.
- The message “Imported Successfully” will appear on the screen and your questions will be in the course evaluation.
- Click the Edit questions tab to view them.
For more information, see Building Feedback
For additional assistance, contact the ITRC - (208) 282-5880 or email email@example.com
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.