- Step 1 - Create a calendar!
- Create a classroom calendar separate from your personal calendar called “Basic Task - [Last Name]”
- Allow outside viewers to “See only free/busy”
- Share the “Basic Task - [Last Name]” calendar with firstname.lastname@example.org so that they can “Make changes to events”
- Change the default color of your new calendar to your favorite color
What public calendars could you make? (i.e. GLT, content team, SPED, clubs, sports, events, etc.)
- Step 2 - Create an event!
- Create an event called “Basic Task Event - [Last Name]” in your “Basic Task - [Last Name]” calendar
- Invite email@example.com to the event
- Add your school as the location of the meeting (use the actual address - it should pop up when you search!)
- Change the calendar of the event to “Basic Task - [Last Name]”
- By default, your events will be created in your personal calendar
- Add notification for 1 hour before the event
- Attach a Google Doc to the event (for example, your “Basic Task - [Last Name]” file)
- Change the privacy of the event to “Private”
- Save the event
Note: feel free to delete the calendar you made here ONLY AFTER you have received a confirmation email that you’ve earned the badge.