

# Open Source Committee (Intersect) - 2025/11/20 07:44 CST - Transcript

## Attendees

Adam Dean, andrew aitken, Arnaud Bailly, Bernard Sibanda, Christian Taylor, Dan Baruka, Elaine Cardenas, EMMANUEL TITI, Georg Link, Harun Mwangi, Jonathan Kelly, Jordan, Marcin Szamotulski, Pedro Lucas, read.ai meeting notes, Reshma, Terence McCutcheon, Uche Obasi, Udai Solanki

## Transcript

**Christian Taylor:** Y'all hear me? Okay. Sorry,...

**Jonathan Kelly:** Good.

**Christian Taylor:** it's been a while.

**Udai Solanki:** Hello.

**Christian Taylor:** I need to forgive my rest.

**Udai Solanki:** Christian Hi. Hi.

**Christian Taylor:** I managed to get a new headset, but it connects via USB-C. And if you just tap that port ever so slightly, everything disconnects and you have to redo everything.

**Reshma:** Hi, thank you.

**Christian Taylor:** I might return that. Hi Rashma, We usually wait for 3 or 4 minutes pass before I get started. and text.

**Christian Taylor:** Did we have a deck to go through on boarding or...

**Terence McCutcheon:** I can grab a previous one, but I didn't think it was going to be applicable. Didn't really get a chance to throw anything together. if we just run through the git book, it's going to be the best.

**Christian Taylor:** Yeah, I agree. I think that works. No, we haven't done intros yet.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Johnny, was I too late for your signatory intro? We didn't get to set this,...

**Jonathan Kelly:** I guess

**Christian Taylor:** I forgot. Marin's also going to be on the list as well for today's agenda.

**Terence McCutcheon:** did we?

**Christian Taylor:** No, it's been a chaotic two weeks.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Just a bit.

**Christian Taylor:** So, I think we should do meet and...

**Christian Taylor:** greet. we can do a quick decision on the ADA thing because we need that. then we can go to merchant and then four, five, six. From there, I'll edit the discord.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Hold on.

**Terence McCutcheon:** You put something in Discord. Don't just DM me.

**Christian Taylor:** Yeah, I got here my slide. Okay.

**Terence McCutcheon:** I'm going to put in ClickUp.

**Christian Taylor:** Yeah, we can't hear you.

**Terence McCutcheon:** I'll kick it off here. So, hello everybody. If you don't know me already, I'm Tex. I'm the open source committee secretary. we have Lane joining us back. Maybe she'll get some audio here in just a moment.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Hi, everyone.

**Terence McCutcheon:** There we go.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Hear me.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Yeah. Why don't you go ahead and kick off these introductions and let's say 30 to 45 seconds a pop. this quick fast and we'll run through everybody.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Yeah, yeah, yeah. okay. One second.

**Terence McCutcheon:** I'll get your agenda figured out. So, if you just want to kick off the intros and then I'll have somewhere for you to lead from.

**Elaine Cardenas:** That would be fantastic. Yeah, thank you. hi everyone. So yeah, welcome to new members to the OSC. I work at Obsidian Systems. and I'm currently the chair of the OSC. I'm based in Tokyo. yeah, and as it turns out, I am a little bit I accidentally double booked myself for today, so I might have to drop midway through and have somebody else handle the rest of the agenda items.

00:05:00

**Elaine Cardenas:** But yeah anyone else want to go next for introducing yourself? You can just raise your hand or...

**Udai Solanki:** Hi.

**Elaine Cardenas:** start speaking.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Hi Arno

**Arnaud Bailly:** Yeah. ...

**Arnaud Bailly:** hi Ammano. I've been, on an OSC members since, and, I'm currently working at the CF and also on the Yamaru project. and I've been around for quite a while in Cal.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Yeah, thank you Marson ...

**Marcin Szamotulski:** Hello, nice to meet you all. I used to be on OSC. but now I'm no longer here. I'm a developer for the Cardano node. I'm the team lead of the networking team.

**Elaine Cardenas:** nice. ...

**Elaine Cardenas:** you were on the OSC before and now you're coming back.

**Marcin Szamotulski:** I'm just coming with a proposal to vote on something.

**Marcin Szamotulski:** And that's the reason I'm here.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Okay. thank you. yeah, we will get to that in a moment. Udai Solanki. Is that...

**Elaine Cardenas:** how you say your name?

**Udai Solanki:** Yeah, correct.

**Udai Solanki:** Hi. So,...

**Elaine Cardenas:** Fantastic.

**Udai Solanki:** I'm Udas Salanki and I've been part of OSC in as a developer advocate earlier, not as a member but developer advocate. and now I'm got elected for OSC and TSC both and I work together with a developers team u on o. So yeah been delivering quite few real world projects on Cardano in last one year.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Always good to have developers on the team. Anyone want to go next? Yeah, this is Christian. Yeah.

**Christian Taylor:** Yep. Hi everybody. Christian Taylor, head of open source incubation. Basically, architect and brainchild of open source and Cardano. So, everyone knows me one way or another. ...

**Christian Taylor:** but I think Tech's already did his intro.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Just so everybody knows...

**Elaine Cardenas:** because this confused me not a ton just so everybody knows the OSO team is not OSC members so they can't vote and stuff. they exist to help us and to serve additional roles. yeah Lucas

**Pedro Lucas:** Hey my name is Lucas. I've been around for a year mainly since I was elected to the committee last October. So, this is actually my first meeting as a community member, just sitting in. I will be dropping off, by the so yeah, for the better part of that year, I was the chair of the committee. I just came by to get to know the new members, and I will be dropping by whenever I can to keep in touch. just want to thank everyone for the collaboration throughout this year and...

**Pedro Lucas:** yeah, see you around.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Yeah, thank you.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Thanks for all the hard work. Lucas, yeah, we'll miss you. Jonathan Kelly, speaking of people that we'll miss

**Jonathan Kelly:** Hello and indeed goodbye. I'm an outgoing member of the open source committee and technical steering committee. I've been doing it for the last year and a bit. yeah, and I am a tech janitor on mainnet Cardano, meaning I help three different SPO individuals across the world manage their upgrades and KZ rotations. They own the cool keys, all that stuff.

**Jonathan Kelly:** So, it's self custody for them. But yeah, I'm generally an interested person in Cardano since 2021 and ended up being elected on two committees by mistake last year. But yeah, and I wish you all the best for the future of the new

**Elaine Cardenas:** Thank you.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Yeah, I think next up is Gayorg.

**Georg Link:** Hi m I'm on the open source committee since last year. Got reelected earlier in the previous election this year. my background is in opensource strategy and metrics. I work at Puria, a partner of Intersect. We provide the analytics and the data for the open source office to report on the progress that we are making with the various programs that we have here in the open source committee.

00:10:00

**Georg Link:** So for example the retainer program that we are launching now we already built the dashboard so we can report on the activity of the maintainers that we have under contract things like that.

**Georg Link:** So welcome everyone glad that you're part of the team now.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Yeah. Thank you,...

**Elaine Cardenas:** Gayorg. yeah. Up next, Rashma. Is that how you say your name? you're muted. Sorry.

**Reshma:** Sorry, sorry. Yeah, my name is Rishma and I was selected to the open source committee and this is my first meeting. I'm so excited to see how these words and how this functions. So I'm here to watch and learn about it. And I'm a Cardano engineer for last three years. I was working with Genius Shield as a community ambassador and technical writer. After that I was a deer pioneer workshop leader and conducted governance workshops for educating the Kadano onchain governance to the communities.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Fantastic. Yeah,...

**Reshma:** Thank you.

**Elaine Cardenas:** like I said before, it's always great to have more Cardano developers on the committee.

**Reshma:** Thank you.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Is there anybody else? Let me see. Who else? I think Adam Dean raised his hand a moment ago, but then lowered it. Adam, do you want to say your farewell? My bad. Okie dokie. yeah. Let me see. Yeah.

**Terence McCutcheon:** We have all four developer advocates if they would like to come up for just a hot second and also one of them could provide one or...

**Terence McCutcheon:** more of them could provide an update on what's going on if they like.

**Uche Obasi:** Yes. ...

**Uche Obasi:** hi everyone. my name is Chu Abasi and I'm also part of the developer advocates in this current cohort. and for the updates we've been focusing heavily on doing community events for the past couple of weeks. So the first one was the community events that happened in Nairobi. it was a huge success. it was organized by Emanuel and Haron which was super successful.

**Uche Obasi:** I mean there was a lot of attendees. The community was super involved and we were able to on board a good number of developers. then one is another one I needed to highlight we did a contributor workshop yesterday. So it was like a virtual workshop. It was super amazing to see over 30, new, I don't know enthusiasts kind of like joining and participates in this workshops. so this was a huge success as well. I also have an event that I'm planning tomorrow. It's a physical regional event that is going to happen here in Nigeria tomorrow, still centered around Cardano.

**Uche Obasi:** Yeah. So, I think the past couple of weeks has just been heavily focused around events physical real life events.

**Elaine Cardenas:** official stand up in 15 minutes or...

**Uche Obasi:** Yeah.

**Elaine Cardenas:** here. but yeah.

**Uche Obasi:** Hello. Can someone hear me? someone Okay. Okay.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Yeah. The next one up here would be to

**Uche Obasi:** Makes sense. So, pretty much that's what we've been working on. I mean, every other thing has been a work in progress. we've been continuing with the working group sessions. the work on the developer experience report has also been going on. so yeah, we've just been super focused, in trying to hit our milestones and, get as much developers on boarded as possible. so yeah, that's it for the developer advocates. Okay.

00:15:00

**Elaine Cardenas:** Thank you very much. I think I actually have to maybe go a little bit earlier than scheduled. So, we will get back to the developer advocates and stuff in a moment. but we could move on if we could do the GitHoney decision first I think that would help. Okay.

**Christian Taylor:** It was the hater.

**Terence McCutcheon:** So, you want to keep Yeah.

**Terence McCutcheon:** in order. So, I'll review these over real quick. So, basically, in the last week, I think Christian may have done a good enough job explaining this, but, there was some timing issues and

signatures missing rather that prevented the, ADA from actually going to be converted to USDM. we are at a risk unfortunately and, as some are already aware of getting some of our active contracts paid. so at least from the open source office side we've provisionally agreed to transition just to utilize and spend the ADA as of right now so that we can start paying things according to programs that have already been approved. we're just looking to get a confirmation from the committee that we will forgo the USDM conversion at this point as the process was taking too long and...

**Elaine Cardenas:** Jonathan Kelly.

**Terence McCutcheon:** is now putting us in a precarious position.

**Jonathan Kelly:** So, may I ask why it took so long? What happened behind the scenes with administration? Because we voted on this when ADA was at 70 cents.

**Terence McCutcheon:** I don't know that I have the exact full details as far as everything that we were supposed to do.

**Terence McCutcheon:** We had completed our task be well ahead of the deadlines. even getting it ready for signature. Basically, believe that it was travel related with things like the summit and...

**Terence McCutcheon:** other events that prevented a final signature.

**Jonathan Kelly:** So it was as Adam has said in chat,...

**Jonathan Kelly:** bureaucracy related. people who had the division of labor to get things done on the admin side were delayed...

**Elaine Cardenas:** Yeah, Christian

**Jonathan Kelly:** because of various circumstances that they didn't there you.

**Christian Taylor:** Yeah. it's basically some automation of that as y'all both are pointing to the best of my knowledge right now. but to not hinder anything, if we agree as the OC to just move ahead with ADA payments, Intersect will honor that decision as long as we have a formal vote behind it and we can get a smart contract run up for next week for all three programs.

**Christian Taylor:** developer advocates bug bounty and the maintainer retainer I think or no it was the treble that's a thing we have to negotiate also with vendors is we're kind of tied at value to the 50 cents some budgets can take a hit on that cost like travel some are

**Jonathan Kelly:** Is this payments in treating ADA as a value of 50 cents even...

**Jonathan Kelly:** though it's not?

**Elaine Cardenas:** text.

**Christian Taylor:** very tight locked.

**Christian Taylor:** We just need to make a decision on how we handle that. I'm more than confident ADA is going to go back up in value. so yeah.

**Terence McCutcheon:** for the time being the ADA should be paid out according to the total amount of ADA that was allocated to each sector.

**Terence McCutcheon:** So, I don't know which one's the easiest to look at, but maybe the one I pick on is developer advocates. whatever that amount was, that's what they get paid and that essentially gets locked in a smart contract. the value of changes, they essentially get the benefit of that. we can relook at locking stuff in USDM later if the value of ADA goes back up. but that's not going to be applicable to any smart contracts that are written for programs that need to be paid for currently.

**Terence McCutcheon:** That's true. Yes, Anna.

**Elaine Cardenas:** So all right.

**Elaine Cardenas:** So then the decision to return to ADA spend. is this foregoing any future usage of USDM entirely or is this just for the programs that we need to spend money on now?

00:20:00

**Terence McCutcheon:** Wait, we have programs where payments are already late.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Yeah. Yeah. Yes. but is it just for these programs or is this vote for getting

**Christian Taylor:** We'll have to have a discussion in the future because given the bureaucratic process Jack's an all or nothing approach. So if we start ADA on this it would have to be all remaining programs in the future is my foresight if we ever wanted to do that. but we'll see if the changes happen within that process given all these failures.

**Jonathan Kelly:** Just when you say all or nothing as a policy, this all bore out of the fact that even though the OSO and OC were aligned on risking and taking a greater rate of value into USDM so there would be access to return to the treasury, Intersect pulled an administrative decision over the top of us, right, to say they were better to manage it themselves because they wanted to do it all at once in one go.

**Terence McCutcheon:** It was strictly a people problem in this case just to lighten the load on that and that doesn't really lighten it. it makes the problem more severe. But because there are x number of individuals that needed to sign the action to allow it to take place, those signatures were not captured in time due to travel sickness,...

**Terence McCutcheon:** meeting busyness. it

**Jonathan Kelly:** I think this may be a similar problem to Intersect decision to only hire the minimum amount of committee members constitutional committee members.

**Jonathan Kelly:** In the future, maybe there should be a buffer of extra people to be able to hit a threshold if people can't make it to the

**Elaine Cardenas:** Okay. then yeah,...

**Terence McCutcheon:** Okay.

**Elaine Cardenas:** I guess we can proceed forward with I guess I should say my opinion first. yeah, I think it really sucks that they continue to want to lock us into the all or nothing thing. I do think that we have to just take the hit, start paying with ADA. and if we can't lock in any future gains then that's a problem also. But it doesn't seem like there's a lot we can do at the moment beyond this. it seems that we just have to cut our losses. yeah.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Anybody have any other opinions before we forward to a vote?

**Jonathan Kelly:** Okay, to go back to the original topic, there doesn't seem to be any other option other than to pay people the ADA. because let's see if ADA's value goes up, then you're not paying people for a longer period of time. Here's hoping that it does go up and they get a better value out of it in the future. It's the best of a bad luck.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Yeah, everyone please vote. I know there was talk about the liquidity thing like there was a whole mechanism to Yeah.

**Jonathan Kelly:** It was being done over the kinder.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Gayorg, if you want to vote no, I think you can just vote no on it, but

**Georg Link:** All right.

**Christian Taylor:** Yeah, to clarify his ask, if you do vote no, the option is we still wait for USD conversion. that's still going to be a 20-day process or longer if we are tying it specifically at that 50 cents trading value.

**Christian Taylor:** So, we can potentially wait ...

**Jonathan Kelly:** I don't know...

**Christian Taylor:** till that.

**Jonathan Kelly:** if it's too late to suggest this, but if the yes does pass for paying an ADA, can we make it up to the people receiving it whether or not they want to wait to see if USDM can come through? we're still going to pay an ADA.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Can we Sorry,...

**Elaine Cardenas:** Jonathan Kelly, you said can we ask people...

**Jonathan Kelly:** Can we make...

**Elaine Cardenas:** how they'd like to be.

**Jonathan Kelly:** if the decision comes through to say yes, we'll pay in ADA,...

**Elaine Cardenas:** Personally,...

**Jonathan Kelly:** we can offer that to everyone involved. and if they want to take the risk of waiting to see if the values go up, they can. But that would be their decision. Is that fair? but covers both cases. It's like people who want to be paid now can be paid at a lower rate evaluation right now.



**Terence McCutcheon:** Perfect.

**Elaine Cardenas:** I think it's very appropriate. yeah. Adam Dean

00:25:00

**Adam Dean:** So Adam Dean, retiring outgoing member. Today's my last meeting, but yeah, I don't know. I'm going to keep it short and sweet. I'm quite frankly disgusted and glad I didn't stand for election at this point because this is to quote letter Kenny, effing embarrassing. yeah so I don't see that we have any option as a committee but to move forward with the programs and pay people less than the value that they are expecting to be paid in a fixed ADA rate at a 50 cent conversion and stick with that up or down.

**Adam Dean:** cuz yeah, everybody wants to keep saying next month or next quarter, but yeah, so at this point we may have completely screwed over everybody that was looking forward to these programs due to bureaucratic inefficiency. and the entire Intersect organization should be ashamed of itself right now.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Yeah, I mean does really suck and it's definitely showing a lot of all in intersect yeah I...

**Terence McCutcheon:** over the counter question that I get asked.

**Elaine Cardenas:** but like you said I don't think there's a lot we can do right now to maneuver around it. also just to clarify, Adam Dean, what was your comment regarding Christian Taylor

**Christian Taylor:** So, with us cancelling the Google Summer of Code, we do have a little bit of a hedge fund to cover payments to at least keep it at a 50cent value...

**Christian Taylor:** if we want to do that. and at least maybe hedge the first contracts only and...

**Elaine Cardenas:** text PSS is also something that is yet to be written.

**Christian Taylor:** then place a bet, I guess, in a month or two if we get back to the value and then lock everything else in. that's just one option potentially.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Project support services. But my secondary comment in relation to thumb down is that use of funds from any program if we are not delivering upon the program is not going to bode well for us.

**Christian Taylor:** Agreed.

**Terence McCutcheon:** So there's always a crux to this here. poll does appear to be unanimous here.

**Elaine Cardenas:** I don't think we should without I don't know some sort of community involvement on that.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Is that poll like I just have to go in a second. So, people can vote on this, but unless anybody has anything else to mention about it, can we move forward to the next decision? Okay. Fantastic.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Eight of nine voting members in the channel.

**Elaine Cardenas:** And to be clear, that's in favor.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Unanimous in favor. Yes. Okay.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Okay.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Going to jump to get honey. March. We're going to get to I apologize. but Christian, maybe you want to explain this one.

**Christian Taylor:** So let me, get the Discord piece. so, I'll just read what Freo or Rico, if I'm saying it correctly, I can share my screen actually there. So, basically answering committee's, concern thank you for reaching Clarify the scope of the vise program. Get honey is designed to manage bounties for the predefined tasks and the time equivalence 1.5 in FTS over two months. to building the bug bounty including the private disclosure mechanism fully adapting the platform for this use case. Regarding longtime running support we can expect 99% uptime.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Thank you.

**Christian Taylor:** they do it via email, discord, slack and then critical less than 24 hour hours for rake fix type stuff. So the question is we already have the proposal from using GitHoney. This is what they responded. Do I need to send back any more questions that we need answered? is this okay for us to make a decision on using GitHoney for the bounty programs? and if so, we still have to figure out where the 22,000 comes from to pay for the disclosure feature. and that's where a decision needs to be taken. I did put three options. obviously it's using their program funding that was canceled or we categorize it under two programs which could be tooling, sustainability code for us.

00:30:00

**Christian Taylor:** If that doesn't necessarily go against the scope of the projects, but still looks fishy...

**Christian Taylor:** if we use program to cover the tooling cost for the program. I don't know. So, Yeah,...

**Elaine Cardenas:** I think this is not enough for the and...

**Elaine Cardenas:** I'll let Jonathan Kelly go in a second, but sorry I'm in a little bit of a rush. I don't think this is enough information because I think we need to know what first of all one and a half engineers for two months is quite a lot. But second of all, how much are those engineers going to cost? I think we need an actual.

**Christian Taylor:** this is building off the proposal that they did give pre prior.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Okay.

**Christian Taylor:** Let me find that and I can share it.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Thank you. Jonathan Kelly

**Jonathan Kelly:** Yeah, I'm just going to provide context for new voting members coming in. so this is one of the budgetary lines for the open source committee and office is to provide a bug bounty program where people can privately disclose using existing repositories GitHub methodologies bugs that they have discovered. But there needs to be an integration in that give out bounties once bugs are verified and fixed right to the people who reported them. So this is a piece of scoped out work that GitHoney have put

forward to us to pay half of the value of a \$44,000 dollar cost. So we would be paying 22 out of the open source office/ committee budgets to help us be able to maintain and manage a program going forward using the right tool. So, we're investing treasury money in building up tooling to support future budgetary programs.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Also, I just want to say unfortunately I will have to drop. So, if we have a quorum, votes can proceed without me. But while I'm gone, text, could you take over for the rest of the time or Christian? Thank you.

**Christian Taylor:** Yeah, it takes a little ste.

**Terence McCutcheon:** I got Okay.

**Elaine Cardenas:** Sorry about that. I will make sure to I got to get something figured out for the times on this. Byebye. Thanks every Thanks everyone who joined. Yeah.

**Christian Taylor:** Thanks Elite.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Can we clarify what the decision is on this here or what the decision the ask is

**Christian Taylor:** Do we need more information from GitHoney? how do we pay for it if we are going forward with it?

**Adam Dean:** Yeah, so I was just going to kind of clarify that. So we had received an initial vague proposal from TXpipe that it would cost roughly 40,000 44,000 to do the work that was required to bring the program up and have it ready for OSC usage. they agreed to foot half of that bill with us paying that's where the aforementioned \$22,000 price tag came from. we asked for a little bit more push back and clarity. So, I guess the question is, do we now have enough clarity to bring it to a vote and approve the funding and go from there? you're

**Georg Link:** Do we have an outline overview for the statement of work that details what the specific features are that are still missing for us to use GitHoney effectively?

**Adam Dean:** Udai, go ahead.

**Udai Solanki:** Yeah, kind of similar question bit different I'm not clear this 22k is including this disclosure feature or...

**Udai Solanki:** there will be extra fee for the disclosure feature.

**Jonathan Kelly:** I can help. it's API integration to an existing disclosing feature that exists within GitHub so that it works crossplatform to GitHoney's ability to allocate bug bounties to people who did the reporting. They don't currently have that API integration. they only do public issue based bounties sort of like code for us that you would put in an issue and say that you want to offer a bounty for someone dealing with this request but that's from the repository to the public whereas the new feature is people from the public reporting to the repository privately something that they've discovered that may be a bug and...

00:35:00

**Terence McCutcheon:** Sticker.

**Jonathan Kelly:** then getting b for that u so it's A whole new feature of the GitHoney website, API integrations, support for private disclosure,

**Udai Solanki:** Understand that part is clear.

**Udai Solanki:** Just that this 22k fee we going to pay is that feature building is extra fee. Okay, thank you.

**Jonathan Kelly:** The 22k is for that feature building.

**Udai Solanki:** Thank you.

**Jonathan Kelly:** But the specific question about the statement of work and whether or not it's perfectly defined that will have to go back to Christian or text I

**Christian Taylor:** So, the first statement of work was just questions we had about, give us something formal to propose staffing costs, what you're intending to do. Then we had some follow-up questions. and that's what the Discord message was adding on to that about the SLAs's. If we agree to pay them, what can we expect in return for support? but currently right now we don't have a process for managing ADA payments related to code for us and the bug bounty program itself other than manual process. this is to help automate that. because if someone raises the issue in GitHub, they can use the private reporting and then if the issue gets addressed, it'll be paid out by GitHoney after we do the offchain process with security council review.

**Christian Taylor:** Any other questions there before a motion? Yes.

**Georg Link:** I put a question in the chat with the declining ADA value. If we promise to pay them in US dollars and our ADA supply will no longer be able to pay for that. would they be willing to make a contract in ADA so when the work is done that we know we have ADA that we...

**Georg Link:** then pay the ADA.

**Christian Taylor:** Let me go and...

**Christian Taylor:** if I can get a conversation with them if they'll honor it at a 50 cent value or something like that specifically I can do that and postpone decision- making because I think we also need to decide where we're pulling the money from budget wise or which program

**Adam Dean:** I think realistically, as long as it's not an ongoing cost, the bug bounty funding itself could pay as part of the bootstrapping for the program. That should be an ongoing thing since this should be largely a one-time and then done with maybe a small yearly annual retainer fee going forward or...

**Adam Dean:** something. But go ahead, Tex.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Yeah, I think we have a lot more information now as far as building a future budget when it comes to that,...

**Terence McCutcheon:** but I would just recycle my question that seems to not have gotten a lot of traction here. Should we look at or would any member consider raising or u a motion here on factoring 10% of the programs requiring tooling meaning that we do not deliver specifically on that 10% knowing programs like bug bounty or code force may not spend those funds then be able to dedicate that funding specifically to the admin and tooling required.

**Terence McCutcheon:** I think that was discussed before, but I don't remember the outcome exactly.

**Adam Dean:** Yeah, I don't think I would want to make a blanket statement 10% of all programs for tooling or whatever because that wasn't specifically part of our budget. I think we should take that on a by case basis for each program as it comes up.

00:40:00

**Georg Link:** Yeah, I concur with that. for future budgets. I think that's a good lesson learned to include that in all budget items that there may be additional costs that we didn't account for as we build out these programs or evolve them that we need to improve the tooling.

**Terence McCutcheon:** So, out of what is signed off currently, i.e. rewritten would be bug bounty. And then I believe we sign off maintainer yet or is that one still on hold? I'm trying.

**Christian Taylor:** Say that again. Thanks.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Hang on a second. So, right now, as I understand it, if we were to per per just the most recent discussion, let me put up both questions here. I'm sorry.

**Terence McCutcheon:** apologies not have to actively work so much like that. But I put forward what I understand is the general agreement that we're trying to find which do we want to fund the tooling with KitHoney and I probably should have made that more specific. I apologize. but details and final agreement to follow. That's that first poll.

**Terence McCutcheon:** put out a secondary poll which says because the bug bounty program is currently signed off, do we need to rewrite that to factor those tooling costs to come directly out of the bug bounty project spent?

**Georg Link:** So the first one a proof that we want to spend money on GitHoney understood.

**Georg Link:** The second one is the way we do this is by rewriting the program. What's the alternative to rewriting the program?

**Terence McCutcheon:** and be either attempting to utilize the tooling sustainability program or...

**Terence McCutcheon:** pulling funding from another budget item which could cause more trouble than it's worth.

**Adam Dean:** Yeah, I guess I'm confused. I wouldn't really see it necessarily as needing to rewrite the entire budget program personally, but I mean, we also have support services, and if this isn't money spent to support projects, I don't know what is. So, there, let's just get it done, and move on and maybe let Marson have his go.

00:45:00

**Jonathan Kelly:** Yeah, sorry Marson. and I'm immediately going to contradict that by saying something. Sorry. But I think the rewriting thing is just to make sure to write into the budget that part of the budget will be used to set up the tooling rather than just go to bug 20

**Terence McCutcheon:** It would essentially be a refactoring and the addition of a milestone to set up the tooling. So namely milestone 2 right now which we would be fulfilling is 450,000 and I think whatever that number is it's 450. so that's quite a big chunk. If we even pull just 50k out of that we still have our liquid to pay for bugs but also the tooling cost. Per my last account,...

**Jonathan Kelly:** Personally I support paying for the tooling to be able to do the delivery of the program that you're budgeting for within the budget of the program because there's a direct link. But that's my position.

**Terence McCutcheon:** there are eight voting members in this meeting and I only have four votes on the secondary two Any more votes please or notions otherwise. There's specific folders in the Google Drive, but I will pull up some more details on that there in a moment. Right now,...

**Christian Taylor:** While everyone's voting,...

**Terence McCutcheon:** nothing's been discarded.

**Christian Taylor:** we can move to Merchant unless there's more questions. Johnny or...

**Terence McCutcheon:** Go ahead, March.

**Christian Taylor:** Adam, would you all give context before he goes as well?

**Christian Taylor:** Just from TSC.

**Jonathan Kelly:** Yeah.

**Jonathan Kelly:** For new coding members as well, there has been an ongoing discussion about bringing across some repositories that are currently under the ownership of IO that were created by people outside of IO that are now not hired by IO. So they're not able to continue maintaining the repository they created. so as a result, there's been a request to transfer the ownership over to Intersect to be able to open up those paths again. yeah, that's where we

**Marcin Szamotulski:** But to be precise these repositories were created by people from loG and people who are now outside of that sphere. So just to clarify it was type and...

**Jonathan Kelly:** I got the impression it was written by people text rather than IO.

**Marcin Szamotulski:** me actually yeah...

**Jonathan Kelly:** Gosh, sorry. Yeah.

**Marcin Szamotulski:** but at the time they were involved in Cardano not Yeah, exactly.

**Jonathan Kelly:** Yeah. No, they were subcontracted out under IO, but now and they're not allowed. So this is the tension we face, right? So if the removal of that tension is to bring it under intersect so that there's less of a policy against allowing people from types or to be able to come f\*\*\* it.

**Christian Taylor:** wider context. This is the decision we made two weeks ago on those three proposals. the ask is to evaluate ION type protocols specifically because of this unique situation. and they would be

brought in under a maintenance mode not an incubation whole process. so that's where the decision is at the moment.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Just for reference, allowing us to follow the incubation decision process here. But for proper transfer, I would ask that the request be repiled under the appropriate form,...

**Terence McCutcheon:** which I will share with you Martin as needed.

**Marcin Szamotulski:** Thank you.

**Marcin Szamotulski:** Are there anything you would like me to clarify if you're against bringing these repositories to the intersect?

**Terence McCutcheon:** I don't know.

**Arnaud Bailly:** I guess when we initially had the proposals forwarded to us the content was pretty tough.

00:50:00

**Arnaud Bailly:** So it wasn't clear why this repositories were supposed to be transferred between IO and intersect. but to add another data point I already mentioned to some members but I had a conversation with Duncan counts from types at the Keno summit. and he also mentioned the fact that even though those libraries at least as far as I can tell that protocols and IOM can have some usage even outside the count ecosystem would not be able to maintain by people from one types right now.

**Marcin Szamotulski:** Okay.

**Arnaud Bailly:** So this makes more sense just wanted to say so yeah at least makes more sense to me and I'm much more favorable to that move than I would say two weeks ago. And yeah Adam and Maybe right here.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Still seeing that poll responses have kind of slowed to a halt. we do need to get the votes one way or the other. All three available options have been provided here as yes, no, or abstain. If you're having trouble accessing the polls, please speak up. our next option is to ask who has voted so that we can signify or address those who haven't.

**Terence McCutcheon:** There's a second

**Christian Taylor:** While all that's going on, I just wanted to, apologize to all the new members. We would have a better onboarding process. We just had a lot of stuff to catch up on after the previous hiatus and obviously with new admin drama that we're dealing with. but we will get to a onboarding after if y'all have 15 minutes after this call, we can do something formal.

**Jonathan Kelly:** I'd like to propose that if ADA goes up quickly to an over 50 cent valuation, possibly over 60 cent at any time in the future, that we be more quick in the administration on the intersect side to derisk any assets that we're using for budgetary purposes.

**Christian Taylor:** It take less than two days to get a smart contract written from what I've been told on our admin bureaucrats. So,

**Jonathan Kelly:** Yeah, glad to hear that

**Terence McCutcheon:** Okay. ...

**Terence McCutcheon:** marching. Go ahead.

**Marcin Szamotulski:** maybe just for people...

**Marcin Szamotulski:** who join today and are completely not aware what these repositories are and how it's related to Cardano at all. So I anti-protocols were developed for Cardano node the networking stack is based on type protocols and all the testing in our networking stack and testing as well in the consensus framework is done using IOM.

00:55:00

**Marcin Szamotulski:** so they are really core dependencies of Cardano node.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Okay, just as far as updates here so we can move along,...

**Terence McCutcheon:** try to hit a couple of other things here. It looks like we will spend money with DX Pipe to get honey tooling. it also looks as if I will take this back to the team to rewrite the bug bounty program to factor in that additional cost. as far as the repositories, we may move this one additional meeting which should be about two weeks from now.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Just for full clarity, the vote has deadlocked here between yes and abstain. I apologize for not having provided this sooner and I will double check and get the minutes done for TSC, but the TSC did signify their Believe approval from both bodies is still necessary in order for us to move forward with this. but March, you can reach out to us on the back end as well for additional questions. Adam. Yes.

**Adam Dean:** Sorry, just clarify. the vote on the two repositories is split between abstain and what other option? so the abstain are saying they don't care. So that would ipso facto mean that it's a yes.

**Jonathan Kelly:** Yeah, it reduces the gas threshold. Yes.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Since there are no detracting goats. Yes, we could accept it that way.

**Adam Dean:** Yeah. I mean abstain is literally saying I'm not making a choice so whatever the outcome is I'm okay with. That's literally what obscene is.

**Terence McCutcheon:** So, Marian, I'll get you the information you need to submit those properly and we'll get moving on that.

**Christian Taylor:** They're already submitted. I'll go ahead and update the forms then.

**Terence McCutcheon:** But they need to go through the repo transfer, not project incubation. It's a different process.

**Christian Taylor:** I already have the forms though.

**Christian Taylor:** We'll just change the headers.



**Terence McCutcheon:** Okay.

**Jonathan Kelly:** I love baby bureaucracy.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Because I do not believe that we took a specific moment to do it to all of those who have been serving and whose term is ending. I do want to express my thanks to you as a secretary. I'm very grateful to have had you all here. You all provided many great insights and I welcome you back at any time. This is by no means kicking you out. so please feel free to come back and share advice should you feel you have the time or energy to do so. John

**Jonathan Kelly:** Just so that the new members know as well, I have one final act I'm doing on behalf of the committee. No longer being a voting member, I'm going to be taking interviews for the main retainer program over the next week. Other people in the committee are welcome to join and...

**Jonathan Kelly:** take their own notes alongside me. and of course text will be there I believe as well. But yeah, so that's my final act for the committee, not in the committee.

**Terence McCutcheon:** And due to timing or...

**Terence McCutcheon:** scheduling constraints, all of those interviews will be recorded so that you can review at your leisure. They will be placed in a confidential folder in the drive and I will make sure how to find so yes that covers the point that I have scheduled five interviews for the maintainer retainer program. So out of the first body of I don't remember if it was eight or nine candidates that we had so far that had applied five or...

**Jonathan Kelly:** 11.

**Terence McCutcheon:** 11 sorry five were selected for interview. so those five have been sent after the OSC interview it'll move to a team interview. we'll work through that process and procedure here. aside from jumping into an onboarding piece for the new members, are there Any other business that we can attend to immediately? my apologies if I've seen not my normal self. I am still recovering from some sickness from traveling.

**Terence McCutcheon:** let's see if we can't get jumping along here.

**Jonathan Kelly:** Sorry, I did just think of something. I'm sorry to extend this to everyone, but one of the things in the developer advocate report that they didn't mention was I went to the kickoff meeting last week and I had a person that I is a client of mine, Shane from Zambia approached me. He'd been to a blockchain conference and done a speech there and then some students came up to him saying they wanted to set up a community hub in Zambia and I believe that's underway now between the developer advocates and...

01:00:00

**Jonathan Kelly:** Shane working with the students and it's on the way to being set up as a community hub.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Wonderful. All right.

**Terence McCutcheon:** March, you're welcome to stay, but if you have something more pressing, we understand. again, not kicking you out, just letting you know this is the end of the primary. All righty. Let

me just make sure I get this link copied for you all. If you have recently joined the committee and you are not familiar with this website, I fully encourage you to become familiar with it. this is in lack of better terms our bible if you will.

**Terence McCutcheon:** so everything that we do is listed here aside from what we are internally working on which of course happens within the discord. so up first you do have our charter if you want to go to that specific page you can. I don't remember exactly why I had to format it this way but I did need to change it. And so you can always change and edit the homepage so it doesn't have to have the charter but right now it's living as that. I will get this page updated so you can all be properly identified. Just bear with me a couple of days. as far as questions here on the budget, a day I believe you had a question on this earlier. Here is the original submission PDF. we do understand I believe the project support services is missing from this initial category but the funding is still allocated and it is still part of these total numbers.

**Terence McCutcheon:** so please don't be alarmed by that. We're just aware of the error. It's a little too detailed to fix at the moment, but this gives you a general idea of what the spending is to be. the official spending, we're working on having that publicly viewable to you all as it happens in the Click so all of you should have been invited to ClickUp. You should have an email for that. If you are having trouble with that, please let me know. but that is where we're going to be using various task tracking and it's where we do the agendas. It's what we were sharing out of earlier. it's also where you'll be able to see an update including milestones for each program. Hey Jordan, great to see you popping in. Sorry, I was meaning to share this. I haven't been sharing this the whole time. U my apologies.

**Terence McCutcheon:** going to jump back to this page here just real quick. as far as communications, this page hasn't been updated very much either, but what we do have is we have our Discord channels where we're open to the public there. We also have the X account where you can request for a post to be made at any time. It is the Intersect account, we chose not to change the name but because the OSO and the OSC are so tightly connected we do regularly do comms or we primarily do the coms for the open source committee through that intersect OSO channel. So if you are not following Intersect OSO on X please be sure to do so. We do also have a YouTube channel. If you are unfamiliar with that definitely recommend this as a great place to start it can get you caught up.

**Terence McCutcheon:** I don't know if you watching stuff at 2x speed or even regular speed. there's quite a bit of content but please feel so endowed. we do have the developer experience working group that is getting uploaded there with our new developer advocates. We also have some of the other technical meetings that have happened previously that are up here. the open source cowboy podcast which Christian's been leading as of late. All of the prior committee meetings are on here going back quite a ways. I think all of 2024 is up there. but there's quite a bit of content here and so if you're not finding something that you're looking for, please do let us know. if I jump to the playlist option here, we do have some project spotlights. also product demos.

**Terence McCutcheon:** and then generally here under open source office this is where you're going to find over here a lot of the different recordings of some of the stuff that explains where we've come to. So I definitely encourage you checking this stuff out here if you have questions on the project incubation paid open source model what it means for open source maturity things of that nature. All right. I am jumping back over to the Gitbook page and I'm sorry the YouTube is OSO Intersect MBO if you search on YouTube there. You can also just search intersect O. So it should be the first option that pops jump through this a little bit more quickly here.

01:05:00

**Terence McCutcheon:** under open source office there's a lot of the things that we are directly running under previous or under old guard the committee has approved of myself as the open source program manager directly heading up the developer advocate program although the open source committee does still have oversight on essentially who enters this program and how the program is run. So at any point that you have a question please come to me. It is my duty to not only hear you out but make adjustments as needed. we have a number of strategic partnerships. Some of those are here on the committee and some of those are organizations that we are a partner of or others that we are partnering with to get different things done. project support services. This is again a budget item. So something that we plan to utilize here. but if it's not properly being utilized to support the community, then we can again potentially use that to support budget items that are further supporting the community.

**Terence McCutcheon:** There's some additional reporting that we've done that may be interesting for you to read again if you have not previously read it before. And you can see some more educational guides here which I believe are either being duplicated or linked on the developer advocates web page which I believe is if it's not linked in discord I can get it to you. I will make sure that it gets updated on the developer advocate page here as well. All right. there's the general guidance as to how we're moving forward here and then also details on the paid open source model. So this goes into each and every program specifically. this will probably be the primary source of what you're going to jump to. I encourage you to go and find a program SANS the Cardono summer of code.

**Terence McCutcheon:** that one again under the old guard in the last meeting was unanimously voted for us to caveat that program under the current budget cycle and those funds to be returned to treasury. Basically we had nearly 10 programs here including the open source committee travel and just appears that there may not be enough u time nor feasible ability for us to actually facilitate that program. but we'll mark that accordingly here soon. everything else if you are super tied to something going to specifically call out code forest bug bounty tooling the maintainer retainer these top four here are going to be where we really need the bulk of the support as we move forward here.

**Terence McCutcheon:** find the program that you can best align with. and hopefully we can split up to get one or two of you on each one. That way we have proper support as we move forward with the rest of The current budget cycle that is we do have a couple of working groups here under the open source office or rather under open source committee. So we have the tooling working group, we have a commercialization working the developer experience working group is led by the developer advocates. recently approved as well. We do have a smart contract auditing working group which will continue to be working in the background as well. Things may appear a little bit disjointed as we move forward here. please take that with a grain of salt. We are entering the holiday season. and obviously it's been pretty busy with events and trying to get some of the administrative stuff out of the way budget-wise. but hopefully we can kind of refocus to a point of clarity.

**Terence McCutcheon:** if there are questions please let me know at any time as that will always help us to get this up to date sooner faster and so as far as if you are more familiar from the development side please do have a chance to review the governance policy and security policy alongside the contribution matter framework and so project incubation process is always something that we can improve upon here. we do have our first incubated project right now, Evolution SDK. So if that's something that you want to drive some focus to, we have some abilities for you there as as far as the governance policy, if you have specific questions, concerns or desires to contribute, please let me know. but primarily, this is something

that I'm working on the back end with our core contractors who are currently doing development on the core network.

**Terence McCutcheon:** So if you prefer reading instead of watching YouTube, you can always come here and find up to date or the previous meeting minutes. so these are all here in a standard format. If something is wrong in the meeting minutes, please feel free to shout me out and correct me here as well. I do read through this, but I do use an AI. we use the Gemini specifically because it's a non-learning AI and so it pulls directly from the transcript to tell us exactly what happened within the meeting. The main change that you might see is if something was listed incorrectly here. If the transcription didn't hear you correctly or, Gemini may confuse a name here or there or something like that, that's when you would just want to let us know. but it's something that I can quickly edit.

01:10:00

**Terence McCutcheon:** This is just a very minor piece here, but you want to catch up on what we've been doing, where we've been, how these past meetings have gone, you can always catch that here. And the recordings, if you don't jump to YouTube, everything is made available here for you As far as onboarding goes, that probably texts, why did you tell me about so much? But give me your best questions, comments, concerns.

**Terence McCutcheon:** How else can I better help bring you all on to the committee with the exception of Rushma...

**Jordan:** Do we have all the new committee members here today?

**Terence McCutcheon:** who appear to maybe have dropped and one other Sebastian's out today. He's returning. Yeah. So,...

**Christian Taylor:** Yeah, Sebastian is reoccurring.

**Christian Taylor:** Yeah, he's former committee member reelected.

**Terence McCutcheon:** just rest my dropped

**Udai Solanki:** Hi Jordan, nice meeting you here. Bernard, welcome back or great to meet you here in OC. Hope you're doing well, Bernard. Thank you.

**Bernard Sibanda:** Greetings. Yes, I'm glad and happy to be here. Thank you so much everyone.

**Udai Solanki:** Somehow not sure you hear me because my internet looks like not doing well today. Sure...

**Terence McCutcheon:** If there's no other questions, we can close it here, but you all can come to myself or Christian or any other committee member here at any time. sounds great.

**Udai Solanki:** Sure text I think it's good for taking us through this and no more question we'll be in touch on discord thank you...

**Christian Taylor:** Yeah.

**Udai Solanki:** then thank you thanks Christian Jordan Bernard X

**Terence McCutcheon:** Jordan, are you in our Discord by the way?

**Jordan:** Yes I am.

**Jordan:** Yep. The internal one right?

**Terence McCutcheon:** And let me just double check.

**Terence McCutcheon:** I don't remember if I got you in here or not. Yeah,...

**Jordan:** I haven't looked at it today.

**Terence McCutcheon:** Yeah, I think I got you in there.

**Jordan:** If you posted something

**Terence McCutcheon:** Yeah, it's gonna be one of those ones that you want to probably check often. We'll use the ads, but they can get quite busy. Yeah, I see you there. Think freshman might be the only one I wasn't able to get in there.

**Christian Taylor:** And Jordan, if you want a one-on-one to catch up, just let me know. I can run you in details. I'll offer the same to Rushma, too, because I think everyone else has some context, plus Texas general overview.

**Jordan:** Yeah. ...

**Jordan:** let's set something up. just so I can get up to speed if I can help in any spaces.

**Christian Taylor:** Yeah, no problem. What's that?

**Jordan:** Are you good to meet after this call?

**Terence McCutcheon:** Here.

**Terence McCutcheon:** We have something in 15 minutes,...

**Jordan:** Are you okay to meet after this call or you have another one?

**Terence McCutcheon:** but we could chat for another 15. Hang on.

**Christian Taylor:** Go ahead and end the recording though.

**Meeting ended after 01:14:33** 🖐️

*This editable transcript was computer generated and might contain errors. People can also change the text after it was created.*