Community Organizer/President-Trans Empowerment Project
Organizing events and community driven projects to help create a safer environment for the transgender community, of Knoxville. Projects so far, include clothing swaps, creating educational programs, identifying and securing trans positive resources, while partnering with various other organizations also working toward equality. Created a safe space initiative called #protectKnoxville.
Travel Pro-World Travel Holdings
Answering inbound Sales & Customer Service calls received for 18+ domains through parent company. Sold over $250k in vacations within the first 90 days after training. Currently averaging $100k in vacation bookings/month.
Marketing Manager-Smoky Mountain Media Group
September 2012-October 2015
Launched and branded numerous clients across a variety of industries. Consulting services include digital marketing strategies, web design, promotional content creation, SEO, and social media management..
Sr. Web Producer- JTV.com
June 2013-May 2014
Managed a team of designers, photographers, and developers to oversee the conception to completion life cycle for comprehensive online marketing strategies
- Generated $500K in sales with a single email campaign
- Achieved 12.5% e-commerce sales growth while operating as a project manager
Director of IT & Marketing-Global Standard Industries
July 2010-October 2012
Worked directly with CEO to launch global finance company. Acted as solo web designer, graphic designer, trainer, and brand strategist while company underwent growth.
Site Owner/Promoter- HomeGrownZine.com
September 2009-October 2011
Developed company spotlighting artists and entertainers while establishing a sense of community for locals.
Worked with area bars, clubs, and organizations on bookings and promotions for events.
- Generated 700k hits to the site within 45 days
- Used site launch as a fundraiser to feed 100+ impoverished families in Myrtle Beach, SC for Thanksgiving.
Adobe Photoshop Adobe Dreamweaver
Adobe Illustrator Adobe Acrobat
MailChimp Constant Contact
Sertona Project Management
Gimp Microsoft Office Suite
Google Docs Google Forms
Demandware Adobe Omniture
Google Analytics Inbound Marketing
Brand Development Brand Management
iPhoto Community Activism
Full Sail University 2016-current
Pursuing a BA in Graphic Design
Full Sail University 2015-2016 Media & Communication Certificate
Google Engage Program September 2013
Google Adsense and Adwords Certification
Full Sail University 2011-2012
Took coursework toward a degree in Entertainment Business
Strayer University 2008-2010
Completed coursework toward a degree in Marketing
- Created a non-profit in 2002 to combat hate and violence in South Carolina called Free2Be
- Within 3 months,organization had at least 140 members and 3 separate chapters in operation
- Recognized by Rosa Parks and the Southern Poverty Law Center as a Wall of Tolerance Award Recipient
- Ranked #15 in the world for sales goals made within 1st 6 months of employment with Hard Rock Cafe in 2004.
- Created a program for the United Way to give computers to low income adult students.
- First openly transgender politician to run for city office in Knoxville, TN - Mayoral Candidate- 2015
- Campaigned for just over a month and attracted roughly 3% of the vote