Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
adapted from Bake or Break
Yield - 12-16 servings
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon instant coffee
1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup chocolate chips
pinch of salt
- Brownie Base - Preheat the oven to 325 ˚F. Grease a 9 or 10” circular pan a removable bottom.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter, 1/2 cup sugar, water, and instant coffee. When melted add in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and stir until combined and melted.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla one at a time and stir to combine. Add in the flour, soda, and salt mixing until just combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake for 18-20 minutes until the top is shiny and a toothpick comes out almost clean. DO NOT OVER BAKE!
- Let cool completely.
- Cheesecake Layer - In the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream until you reach stiff peaks. Transfer to another bowl.
- Add the cream cheese and 1 cup sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, no need to clean the whipped cream out of the bowl. Beat together until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla.
- Fold in the whipped cream and the chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly over the brownie base.
- Ganache - Bring 1/2 cup cream to scalding and then pour over the 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Stir until the chocolate chips are completely melted and then spread evenly over the cheesecake layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before cutting and serving.