The New Jersey Homebrewer of the Year will be awarded to the Garden State resident homebrewer who earns the most points in the state’s three AHA/BJCP beer competitions. The award will be presented annually at the Motown Mash awards ceremony.
- The Maifest Competition (hosted by NJ HOPZ in May)
- The New Jersey State Fair (hosted by SCUBA in July)
- Motown Mash (hosted by MASH in October/November)
- The annual season begins with the Skylands Regional and ends with Motown Mash, and the Cup is awarded at the Motown Mash awards ceremony.
- 1st place medal - 5 points
- 2nd place medal - 3 points
- 3rd place medal - 1 point
- Best of Show 1st place - 9 points
- Best of Show 2nd place - 7 points
- Best of Show 3rd place - 5 points
- Brewers Choice or other BOS style award - 5 points
- (all BOS style award points are ADDITIONAL to any place medal points)
- The most 1st place medals followed by most 2nd place followed by most 3rd place.
- In the case of co-brews, points are awarded only to the brewer who registered the entry (the name listed in the “Brewer” field). Points are not awarded to co-brewers, and only one brewer may receive points for any entry.
- All entries must comply with the rules of the particular competition into which they are entered. In the case of conflict, rules on this page supercede the rules of the particular competition.
- All points will be tracked and posted by competition organizers based upon the official published results of the competitions.
Award: To be determined...