Mrs. Kara Breeden
Pigeon Forge High School
Room Number(s): 129
Telephone: 865-774-5790 ext 129
- 3 ring binder
- 2 Spiral bound notebooks
- Colored pencils (optional)
- TI 83 plus calculator (The school has a classroom set of these that the students may use in the room, however, these may not be taken out of the classroom)
Tentative Course Overview:
- 1st six weeks- Points, Lines, and Planes, Transformations, Algebraic Properties and Proofs, Parallel and Perpendicular Lines and Transversals, Special Angle Pairs
- 2nd six weeks- Triangles (Classifying, Proving Congruence, Special Segments), Similar FIgures, Polygons, Basic Trigonometry
- 3rd six weeks - Volume, Circles, Surface Area
(if you need a hard copy, please let me know and I will send one home)
- Students will have a research how a topic covered in class can be used in the real world and write a paper. This will be assigned during the 2nd six weeks (tentative).
- Students will also have a poster using various geometric shapes. This will be due during the final six weeks.
- Per Sevier County Board of Education policy, daily grades will count as two-thirds of a student’s final average while test grades will count as the final one-third. Deductions will be made for unexcused absences and tardies. The semester exam will count as 20% of the student’s final grade for the course when averaged with the grades from each marking period. Progress reports are distributed at the three week point of each six weeks grading period.
Parental Access to Instructional Materials
- Pursuant to Tennessee Code 49-6-7003, parents or guardians may request access to any teaching materials, instructional materials, and other teaching aids used in the classroom as well as any tests developed or graded by the teacher. In order to facilitate this request, parents/guardians are asked to submit a request for such review via letter, email, or phone conversation prior to an established meeting for said review.