DIY Apple Stamped Gift Tag
by Heather H. of Kitchen Concoctions: www.kitchen-concoctions.com
An adorable and fun way to make a custom gift tag that is perfect for fall!
Red and green acrylic paint
Paint brushes (small and medium sized)
Brown or black markers
Twine or yarn
- Place apple on cutting board and slice in half. Use paper towels to dry off apple. Place apple stamp face down on a clean paper towel to dry out , about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour about ¼ cup red and green paint onto separate paper plates. Place card stock on a clean, flat surface.
- Once dry, dip the apple cut side down into the paint on the plate. Alternatively, paint and be applied to the cut side of the apple using a paint brush.
- Once the cut side of the apple is covered in paint, secure the card stock with one hand, and use the other to place the paint-covered apple onto the piece of paper. Firmly press down on apple for 10-15 seconds, then carefully left the apple up and peel away the paper.
- After removing the apple, use a paint brush to fill in any open spots.
- Repeat as desired, leaving room to cut card stock into tags.
- Once finished stamping, carefully paint on leaves. Let paint dry for 30-45 minutes.
- When paint is thoroughly dry, use a black or brown marker to dry on stems, seeds and any messages (phrases, to/from, etc.).
- Use a paper cutter or scissors to cut card stock into approximately 3x3-inch gift tags.
- Punch hole into the corner of the tag and use twine to tie gift tag onto gift.