IN BRIEF: Join your fellow postdocs for Ice Skating!
Interested in ice skating? Socialize with your fellow postdocs while ice skating! The JHPDA invites you to ice rink at Inner Harbor Amphitheater (only $9, including skate rentals).
Sign up here.
When: Sat, Dec 5, 4:00 pm
Where: Inner Harbor Amphitheater (201 E. Pratt St)
Questions? Email Postdoc@jhmi.edu
Upcoming JHPDA Events
JHPDA Committee Meetings
Diversity Postdoc Alliance Committee
Learn all about diversity postdoc alliance committee’s initiatives, open to all postdocs, hosted by the Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association.
When: Mon, Nov 23, 6:00 - 7:00 pm
Where: MRB/BRB Daily Grind
Questions? Contact Dionna Williams
The JHPDA Internationals Committee invites you to join us to learn all its initiatives, open to all postdocs, hosted by the Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association.
When: Tuesday, Nov 24, 12:30 - 1:30 pm
Where: Cobblestone Cafe (near Einstein’s cafe)
Questions? Email Beth
Professional Development Opportunities
Professional Development Office
Click here to see the full calendar of PDO events.
Click here to make an appointment with the PDO.
- The Second Annual Competition for the iBiology Young Scientist Seminars (iBiology site, apply by January 11, 2016 here).
- Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures- Commercialization Academy (details here)
Additional Professional Development Events
- Welch Library Courses (upcoming courses)
- Effective Science Communication course series (website, schedule)
- Writing Accountability Groups (WAGs)
- Hopkins Science Writing Program (details here and here)
- Science of Learning and Gateway Sciences Symposia: Excellence in Teaching and Learning in the Sciences; JHU campus, Jan 11-12 (details & registration)
- Center for Integration of Research Teaching and Learning (CIRTL)
- Johns Hopkins School of Education
- Offers graduate certificate programs & online programs in education (details)
- Registration for the 2016 Annual National Postdoc Association is now open, which will take place at Van Andel Research Institute in Grand Rapids, MI, 49503. Early bird registration of $159/night till Feb 2, 2016. more details here
- Volunteer opportunity, Hopkins Robotics Cup, Jan 30 at Homewood; multiple positions available (judges, referees, field personnel, etc., no experience necessary) Contact Margaret Strong or register here (posted 11/16)
- Information session: International internship opportunity in industry, government or academic labs; Whitaker International Program, Nov 17 (details) (posted 11/16)
- Pathways to Life Science Industry - webinars series by Keck Graduate Institute: Dec 1 (click dates to register) (posted 11/08)
- Call for healthcare business idea applications (win $150k) through OneStart, a life sciences & healthcare accelerator program; applications due Dec 1; details (posted 11/08)
- American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB) annual meeting in San Diego, Dec 12-16; register here (posted 11/08)
- Download free booklet on marketable skills and transition to the next phase of your career (from Science Magazine; here) (posted 11/02)
- National Postdoctoral Association Releases Guidebook to Advance Postdoc Women: more information here
Fellowship and Job Opportunities
Visit the below site for additional updated listings, including job postings and postdoctoral fellowships in a variety of science careers across disciplines. Recent additions listed below.
- Academic Program Manager position, JHMI Professional and Career Development Office (details) (posted 11/16)
- Postdoctoral fellow opportunity at Johns Hopkins in vascular surgery outcomes research with Dr. Mahmoud Malas (details) (posted 11/16)
- Postdoctoral position with Dr. Harhaj to study signaling mechanisms of NF-B activation by the oncogenic human T-cell leukemia virus (details) (posted 11/02)
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) fellowship or grant is accepting applications now. (Details here due Dec 15)
- The T Rowe Price internship for next spring/summer is open for postdoctoral fellows; preliminary letters of interest invited (details)
- Call for applications, Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for Academic Diversity at the University of Pennsylvania & the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) (due Dec 14, details)
Receive grant alerts here.
Events Around Baltimore
For other local events, visit http://baltimore.org/events or the Culture Fly calendar.