Summary Paragraph Rubric
Academic English 7 with Ms. Priester
Summary Paragraph Writing Goal
- I can summarize an article that is at or above my reading level by writing a paragraph using Step Up to Writing strategies.
- I can meet all level 3 standards and some level 4 standards.
- I can summarize an article by writing a paragraph using Step Up to Writing strategies.
- I can meet all level 2 standards and some level 3 standards.
- I can complete specific tasks to show that I understand how to write a summary paragraph: reading routine, vocabulary card, main ideas (identify the item, select a verb, finish your thought), and/or details with keywords and phrases.
-I can summarize an article by writing a paragraph using Step Up to Writing strategies with help from an adult.
- I can meet all level 1 standards and some level 2 standards.
- I can write a paragraph that states the main idea of an article and/or lists key ideas. I may need adult help.
-Even with adult help, I am unable to write a paragraph to summarize an article.