Keep the Co-op emergency cell phone with you. This is for incoming calls only.
Afternoon Hall Monitor – 12:15 - 4:15 or until all children have left
- Put on your orange vest for easy identification.
- You have the authority to remind anyone of co-op rules.
- Find the appropriate name tag in the co-op hall monitor notebook. Please wear as a reminder of your responsibilities.
- Eat before your scheduled duty.
- Hall monitor duty is not a time to visit with other parents.
- Most importantly, stand by the entry doors as children are picked up between classes and especially at the end of co-op. NO children are to wait outside.
- Work in coordination with parent on pickup line duty to ensure that each child’s parent has arrived for pickup.
- Be sure to have two-way radios and bullhorn ready by 3:20.
- The outdoor pickup line parent will radio in each child’s name for pickup. Announce the child’s name loudly with bullhorn. The child/ren must be sent out right away, or the car will be instructed to pull back around to the end of the line.
- During the 6th class period, you are responsible for dust mopping (sweeping) the foyer and vacuuming the hallways, the rugs by the front doors, and the rugs by the water fountain.
- After all of the children have left at the end of the day, pick up any papers that may have been dropped in the foyer or hallways.
- Check both bathrooms. You don’t have to clean them, just pick up any paper on the floor, and make sure the toilets are flushed.
- Stay until all children (with the exception of teachers’ kids and clean-up crew) have left the building.
- Turn cell phone off, and place in zippered pocket in co-op notebook.