Clear Creek Amana High School
Friday, March 24, 2017
"A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes."
*Students to see Holly:
*Student to see Mr. Hovey: Mollimarie Emerson, Mikayla Smith, Alex Goedken, Nicolas Wirth, Caleb Graham 3/23
*FRESHMEN: you need to share your Greek newspapers with me ASAP! They go to print tomorrow (Friday).
* Seniors - Jostens Cap/Gown Orders: If you have not picked up your Jostens Cap/Gown order please see Mary Lou.
*High Tech Girls Day at Kirkwood Community College is April 7th. For more information, please see Mr. Potter.
* Volunteer Hours Available:
Kites for Kids is a free festival where children and families can come fly kites in honor of those who have been impacted by child abuse. We currently have 3 event locations including:
Tiffin: April 8th from 12:00pm – 2:00pm at Tiffin City Park
North Liberty: April 8th from 12:00pm – 2:00pm at North Central Football Field
Iowa City: April 22nd from 12:00pm – 2:00pm at City Park Shelter #5
If you’d like to volunteer to help out, use this link:
* Would your family like to host an exchange student from Austria/Germany! This boy is very involved in activities and would be a great asset to the CCA school district. He loves to run, play basketball, soccer and tennis. He also loves music and plays the piano and violin. He has won many awards in both sports and music and is very well liked and finds it easy to make friends. His parents are from China originally and has lived in both Austria and Germany and could share his many cultural experiences with your family. He speaks German, Chinese and English languages. Please contact Andrea Chambers for more information 319-310-6065
*CCE Fun Fair will be held Friday, March 31st. We need volunteers to help with the games, and can sign your forms for volunteer hours! Please sign up using the following link http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4baba828a64-ccefun. Thanks for helping us make the 2017 CCE Fun Fair an awesome event.
*Tiffin Elementary's Fun Fair will be held Friday, April 7th. We need volunteers to help with setup, running games and teardown. If you are needing volunteer hours or just want to come have fun, we would love to have you! If interested, please email Mrs. Greathouse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROM 2017 - May 6
*Post Prom registration forms were mailed out. Extra forms are available in the office. To guarantee a souvenir t-shirt, please
*Prom is Saturday, May 6th from 8-11 at the Middle School.
*Grand March is at 5pm in the HS Auditorium.
* The CCA Little League is looking for high school students to help run the league. They need umpires and concession stand workers (send information to CCAYLL20@GMAIL.COM ).
Concession Stand Cooks are also needed (Send info to Mary Trimpe email@example.com). Or, see Mr. Potter for details outlined in an email.
* If you’d like to be a nanny for a CCA family this summer, please contact Mr. Potter. (I have the contact information in the office.)
*Driver's Ed starts Monday, March 27th at 5:15 p.m. Please bring pen, pencil, paper, and permit to class. Class is being held at West Campus, which is the gray building between the High School, and Middle School.
Please contact Mary Lou Grimm for information about Summer and Fall sessions.
* Internships - the application for Summer and Fall Internships is Friday, March 31. See Mr. Potter for details.
* The deadline for the April 8th ACT has been extended to this Friday, March 28th
* AP test money is due to Mary Lou by March 28th. Cost for each test is $93.
* If you are interested in attending Kirkwood Ag Day on Tuesday May 16th, please contact Mr. Elsbernd by March 30th. You will have the opportunity to learn about the 13 different Ag-related programs that Kirkwood has to offer.
* The main scholarship application, CCA Scholars and Cents, is due to Mr. Hovey by 3:30 this Friday (3/24)!!! Copies of this application have been emailed, handed out, and are available in the guidance office.
* The CCA Booster Club Scholarship is due March 30th in my office.
* The Oxford Masonic Canopy Lodge Scholarship is due in my office March 31st.
(All 3 of the above are local scholarship applications. All deadlines are non-negotiable.)
* Juniors- check you email for information about the HIlls Bank Youth Leadership Grant, and the Hoover Uncommon Student Scholarship.
* Elevate Advanced Manufacturing promotes great careers in advanced manufacturing. In 2017, Elevate is offering (15) $500 scholarships to Iowa high school seniors interested in studying a manufacturing-related career at one of Iowa’s 15 Community Colleges – 1 award will be made per college region. Interested candidates can apply by completing the following application. For more information about manufacturing careers, visit www.elevateiowa.com.
*Hy-Vee will award eighty (80) $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors working for Hy-Vee or a subsidiary. Applications and information is available in the guidance office or at www.hy-vee.com under company information.
*Football Cheerleading tryouts will begin on April 3rd with an informational meeting during AA. You will receive more info on tryouts at the meeting.
* LIFT A THON 2017 - Any CCA students who are interested in participating please see Mr White or Coach Stoner ASAP.
*Win with Wellness will have a meeting next Monday (3/27) at 3:00 in Mr. Stockman's room.
CLUBS / ORGANIZATIONS
Competition is this Saturday! Be here at 7:00am sharp.
T-shirts are in! Stop by Mr. Brack's Room before or after school to pick up your shirt.