Clear Creek Amana High School
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
"There is ALWAYS far more to be grateful for than to worry about."
*Students to see Holly: Jacob Orban 5/24
*Student to see Mr. Hovey:
* LUNCH/2016-17 FEES - NEED TO BE PAID
All students need to have their negative lunch balances paid up before the end of the 2016-17 school year. Please be sure you have your 2016-17 Registration Fees, and any past registration fees paid as well before the end of this school year.
*SENIORS - FINE/FEES/NEGATIVE LUNCH BALANCES NEED TO BE PAID BEFORE REHEARSAL BREAKFAST
If fees or fines are not paid before rehearsal breakfast Thursday, June 1st, your student will not be allowed to walk across the stage at graduation.
NOTE: If you are returning library books/textbooks/athletic clothing etc. it will be very important to turn them directly into Mary Lou Grimm to ensure your fines get cleared from your student account.
* PROM PICTURES IN THE OFFICE.
*There will be a meeting for any student who is signed up for AP US History on Thursday during AA in Mr. Schulte's room (220). Show up at 2:41.
Agenda: Class expectations and summer assignment pick up.
Anyone unable to make this meeting will need to see Mr. Schulte before leaving for the summer
* If you are interested in teaching swimming lessons this summer, please contact TJ Croco (Cell: 319-430-9181). There is also an info packet in the office.
*Those who have not bought a yearbook or want to buy one for a friend or family member must do so before May 25th. Orders can be submitted on the Jostens website for $70. Books boughts after the deadline cannot be guaranteed and will incur an additional fee of $10. If you have any further questions feel free to ask Ms. Rice or any of the yearbook staff. Thank you!
* Driver's Ed Classes
We still have spots available for the following month's June/July/September classes. If you are interested please sign up as soon as possible. You can pick up a form from the front office, or from Mary Lou. Please make checks out to CCA High School for $380.00 dollars.
* If you are interested in the Army, Navy or Air Force Academy as your school of choice, Congressman Dave Loebsack will start accepting nominations as of April 1 for the incoming class for fall 2018. As of July 2018 you must be at least 17. Interested applicants should contact Representative Loebsack's Davenport office to start the nomination process. You may call Brian Kramer at 563-323-5988 to find out further information on specific steps that you must take.
* Juniors- check you email for information about the HIlls Bank Youth Leadership Grant, and the Hoover Uncommon Student Scholarship.
* Elevate Advanced Manufacturing promotes great careers in advanced manufacturing. In 2017, Elevate is offering (15) $500 scholarships to Iowa high school seniors interested in studying a manufacturing-related career at one of Iowa’s 15 Community Colleges – 1 award will be made per college region. Interested candidates can apply by completing the following application. For more information about manufacturing careers, visit www.elevateiowa.com.
*Hy-Vee will award eighty (80) $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors working for Hy-Vee or a subsidiary. Applications and information is available in the guidance office or at www.hy-vee.com under company information.
* There will be a girls XC Meeting in Mrs. Astor's room Tuesday at 3:00. Anyone interested should attend.
* Boys XC - meeting on Tuesday, May 30. 3:00pm in the Gym.
*Varsity football cheerleaders will practice this Wed, May 24 1:45-3:15 in the high school commons area.
*CCA Summer Strength & Conditioning Camp forms are now available in the weight room with Coach Stoner or in the main office!
*If you are interested in trying out for the high school dance team, please fill out a tryout form. These forms can be found in the main office, and should be returned to either the HS or MS office. Thank you!
CLUBS / ORGANIZATIONS
The party will be rescheduled for Thursday, May 25th from 6-9pm next week in the librar..