Clear Creek Amana High School
Thursday, February 16, 2017
"Choose always the way that seems best, however rough it may be; custom will soon render it easy and agreeable."
*Students to see Holly:
*Student to see Mr. Hovey:
* Jostens will be here on March 9 to had out caps and gowns from 10:40-12:30.
Junior Class Officers will meet with Jostens over the lunch hour.
* The CCA Little League is looking for high school students to help run the league. They need umpires and concession stand workers (send information to CCAYLL20@GMAIL.COM ).
Concession Stand Cooks are also needed (Send info to Mary Trimpe email@example.com). Or, see Mr. Potter for details outlined in an email.
* Schulte & Swann’s Gown Town IS BACK!
* Looking for employment for summer? There will be a Youth Job Fair at Lindale Mall in Cedar Rapids on February 23 for 4:30- 6:30 p.m. Contact Gina Walsh at 319-365-9474 ext. 3117 for more detailed information.
* 2017 CCA Post Prom
CCA Post Prom is in desperate need of parents volunteers. The previous organizers have retired and we need parents to take the reins so this event will continue to provide a fun safe alternative for our students after prom. This year's prom is May 6. Our next meeting is at 6:00 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 31 at the CCA High School Commons.
If we do not have volunteers come forward there will not be a post prom party this year. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kristi Chambers at 319.631.8981 if you able to help.
*Talent Search Comes to CCA: Performers Wanted
FAME will be hosting a Bill Riley State Fair Talent Search qualifying show on Saturday, March 4, 2017 at the CCA High School Performing Arts Center.
To register to perform or for more information please send email to: email@example.com. Or see music teachers for more information. Cash Prizes. Entries are limited. Sign up today!
Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each division with the winner in each division advancing to the State Fair competition in August. Over $17,000 in prize money at the State Fair level.
*Looking for a Family to host an exchange student from Austria/Germany! This boy is very involved in activities and would be a great asset to the CCA school district. He loves to run, play basketball, soccer and tennis. He also loves music and plays the piano and violin. He has won many awards in both sports and music and is very well liked and finds it easy to make friends. His parents are from China originally and has lived in both Austria and Germany and could share his many cultural experiences with your family. He speaks German, Chinese and English languages. Please contact Andrea Chambers for more information 319-310-6065!
* You can now sign up for Driver's Ed Classes. Please pick up a form from main office, or from Mary Lou Grimm. Cost is $380.00 dollars. Please make checks payable to CCA High School.
First Driver's Ed Class starts March 27th thru May 8th. If you are interested in signing up please pick up a Drive Tek Form from the front office, or from Mary Lou. Please make checks payable to CCA High School. Price is $380.00 dollars. This class will be held at West Campus (gray building between HS, and MS.
Please contact Mary Lou Grimm for information about Summer and Fall sessions.
*U of I HAS CHANGED THEIR APPLICATION DEADLINE FROM APRIL 1ST TO MARCH 1ST.
* Juniors- check you email for information about the HIlls Bank Youth Leadership Grant, and the Hoover Uncommon Student Scholarship.
* Elevate Advanced Manufacturing promotes great careers in advanced manufacturing. In 2017, Elevate is offering (15) $500 scholarships to Iowa high school seniors interested in studying a manufacturing-related career at one of Iowa’s 15 Community Colleges – 1 award will be made per college region. Interested candidates can apply by completing the following application. For more information about manufacturing careers, visit www.elevateiowa.com.
*Hy-Vee will award eighty (80) $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors working for Hy-Vee or a subsidiary. Applications and information is available in the guidance office or at www.hy-vee.com under company information.
*Students that live in area served by Mediacom: There will be Fifty-five (55) $1,000 scholarships available to graduating seniors this year. A list of eligible towns as well as the scholarship application at this site www.mediacomworldclass.com. Scholarship deadline is February 17, 2017.
* The Smoe Prymek Asbestos Awareness Scholarship will have one for the graduating class of 2017. One award of a $1000 to be used towards tuition in the memory of Smoe Prymek, a former graduate of Clear Creek class of 1977 and a victim of mesothelioma. The purpose of this scholarship is to help spread awareness of the hazards of asbestos exposure which could potentially save your life or the life of others someday. Scholarship must be used for tuition. See Mr. Hovey for a link to apply.
*Congratulations to Quinn Murphy (138) for qualifying for the State Wrestling Meet!
*There will be an informational meeting for anyone interested in girl's golf Monday at 3:00 in Coach Stockman's room.
CLUBS / ORGANIZATIONS
* Prom Committee - meeting on Feb 2oth trip to MS. Meet in commons at 250pm.
*Science Olympiad Meeting : Friday, Morning at 8am in Mrs. Randall's Room