CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Finance-Administration Chief
Title: Finance-Administration Chief *Position may be shared
Reports to: Incident Commander
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp training, orientations and meetings. Camp dates and times will vary available 24/7. Overnight stay not required. Post camp meetings and reporting.
Coordinate and direct all aspects of CampHERO Finances and Administration. Directly supervise the Treasurer and Registration Coordinator. Communicate and coordinate with the Incident Commander. Know and adhere to all CampHERO and Girl Scout procedures regarding administration, insurance, claims and documentation. Create reports for Documentation Director and council.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all duties of the Finance-Administration Section.
- Manage Finance-Administration Section budget.
- Manage Finance-Administration Section scheduling.
- Supervise, direct and assist the Treasurer, Administration Coordinator, Registration Coordinator and Fundraising/Grants Coordinator.
- Communicate with Incident Commander and attend daily command staff briefing.
- Know all of the GSUSA and Girl Scouts of WI-Badgerland Council policies and monitor for adherence.
- Identify the need for and request additional activity insurance as appropriate.
- Process any claims and relevant documentation.
- Coordinate pre and post-camp section meetings as necessary.
- Work with other volunteer staff.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Be or become a registered member of the Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Current valid driver’s license.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.