Present: Stephen Wright, Pattric Langley, Dave Green
Excused: Alan Smith, Emmie Hiersche, Karen Peterson
Guest: Margo Glass
- 2016 year-end is forecasted to be a break even level or better, with increased revenues and decreased spending.
- 2016 vs. 2015 YTD P & L is $51k better.
- Balance sheet is $255,529.
- Membership revenues are expectedly $2k lower, due to 1/1/16 rate increase. Suggest September membership campaign with discount.
- Membership stats worksheet - click here
- 1182 total members; 547 indiv; 208 families; avg age 42.5 years old; 55/45 female/male
- Race Operations - Pattric
- Vernonia - 2016 race registration mirrors 2015
- Hagg Lake - need more target marketing
- Garlic - Pattric attended first of many community committee meetings
- Marketing template - suggestion was made to have standardized marketing template for each race event. All agreed.
- Road Runners Sports offer 20% off ORRC members who also belong to their VIP program. Otherwise 10%
- Need to post on Facebook Monday - Thursday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m, also, the major platform for Fleet Feet, Foot Traffic and Road Runner Sports.
- Each race event will have their own event page on ORRC Facebook site. This goes hand-in-hand with shoe stores wanting a unity of all races under one account, rather than spread over 15 sites.
- Seeking potential sponsors for all proposed programs
- Filling the gaps in 9 of 15 annual race events where Dick and Diane have indicated they will no longer be participating
- Working with Run Sign Up platform to handle volunteer registration, choosing specific volunteer duty with time, for all race events except Turkey Trot. Development will be one race event at a time, over a period of several months.
- Increase Oregon RRCA Championship race events from 2 to 4, as well as invite Les Smith to bid on Portland Marathon for either regional or national half and full marathon RRCA championship event.
- New RRCA Roadie program being introduced including clothing and support for 10 - 15 Oregon based RRCA running ambassadors. More to come once program is officially launched.
- Investigate adding Team in Training and other charities to our majors. Increase donation and registrations.
- Suggest adding charity link added to registration platforms.
- Add Governance as ORRC standing sub-committee
- Complete Board Member Handbook
- Assign mentor to each new board member
- Reactivate Finance Sub Committee
- Submit ORRC website for 2017 RRCA award
- Over 200 RRCA members attended Club Governance class offered by Steve Wright and Dwight Mikulis, Eastern RRCA District Rep at RRCA National Conference in Dallas, March 18.
- Recent Springwater Corridor incident resonated with Alan and Aleta, suggesting that ORRC should offer the greater community public safety self defence training. Working with Washington County Sheriff’s Office, and Southern Arizona Roadrunners Club to offer a two part session in the very near future.
- Establish a free quarterly lecture series to members on such topics as nutrition, running injury free, etc. Topics and presenters TBD and announced back by next meeting.
- Suggest fun run at Pacific Growlers, near Portland Running Club, where percent of libation proceeds dedicated to ORRC.