Technical & eCommerce Services Manager
Cloud Education Solutions (CloudEd) is recruiting an experienced Technical and eCommerce Services Manager to fulfill our mission to transform education in South Africa and beyond. The successful candidate will further CloudEd’s work in the education and NGO sector by managing the technical operation of the business and e-commerce logistics portal.
Candidates must have a strong background in IT technical and services delivery, with a solid understanding of training, customer relations, e-commerce and, ideally, the education sector. He/she should have experience training adults and should demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
The Technical Services Manager report directly to the CEO and is responsible for providing on-site technical expertise in order to allow the business to deliver a high quality service to clients and consumers.
- Provide on-site technical expertise in order to deliver a high quality service to clients and consumers;
- Build good technical relationships with clients;
- Deliver G Suite for Education Admin Console technical training; Create a strong web presence through an online logistics portal for schools, and
- Expand the footprint and visibility of CloudEd’s services.
- Communicate with clients to schedule and manage G Suite deployment and migration projects;
- Monitor G Suite updates and identify critical changes to communicate to clients;
- Respond to client service requests and deal with support issues;
- Coordinate technical tasks and resolve critical technical and procedural problems;
- Maintain technical and operational documentation;
- Coordinate with other CloudEd staff to establish relationships with new school clients to help determine their Google technical needs;
- Collaborate with the Director of Professional Development to plan and deliver G Suite Admin Console technical training;
- Compile technical audit reports;
- Manage and maintain CloudEd’s e-commerce logistics portal;
- Assist with planning conferences, workshops, special events and training, as required;
- Perform other duties as directed by the CEO.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Knowledge of trends, developments, and research as they pertain to technology;
- Skills in business marketing as well as the technology used for generating online sales;
- A good grasp of Web design software to properly critique and advise the team;
- A strong understanding of Web analytics;
- Skills to manage one’s own time, ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Ability to create presentations, screencasts, and other digital media;
- Ability to compose, edit, and comprehend written reports or technical professional material;
- Ability to effectively convey information to others in oral and written form;
- Proven ability to adapt and learn new procedures and software applications;
- Ability to reconcile differences during conflict situations;
- Knowledge to consider relative costs and benefits of potential actions, and to choose the most appropriate;
- Commitment to maintaining a high level of customer service;
- Capacity to thrive in or contribute to a team environment;
- Skills to interact with external customers or general public;
- Capacity to be enterprising, diplomatic, and proactive at solving problems.
Minimum five years technical and management experience.
Google Apps for Education Certified Administrator, preferred.
Other technology certifications.
Commensurate with education and experience.