Roasted Chickpea and Mushroom Soup
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup canned chickpeas
5 oz. mushrooms (about 7 mushrooms), whole
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/4 onion, cut in big slices
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 carrot, finely diced
1 stalk celery, finely diced
1/2 cup pea shoots, diced
1 Tbsp. finely diced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a casserole dish, combine the chickpeas, mushrooms, garlic, onion, lemon juice, and olive oil. Toss to coat. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Take the mushrooms out of the dish and set aside. Spoon the chickpeas, garlic, and onions into a blender. Add 1 cup chicken broth and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Spray a large soup pan with olive oil. On medium heat, saute the carrots and celery 2-3 minutes. Add 2 cups chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat and add the chickpea blend. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- While simmering, dice the mushrooms. Add the mushrooms, pea shoots and parsley to the soup. Stir until heated through. Add pepper to taste.
Find the original recipe at The Daily Dietribe.