SLOKC General Meeting Minutes
Open Meeting: 7:05pm at El Camino Vet Hospital in Templeton, CA by Carrie
Introductions & members in attendance: (Attendance Sheet)
Robin Blackburn, Mary Brown, Melinda Chaney, Karyn Convertini, Jeanette Ferguson, Monica Firchow, Cindy Fleenor, Janell Fleenor, Christine Hufford-Brykalski, Carrie Muir, Jennifer Nowell, Shari Ziegenbein
- 8/30/16 approved. No amendments were e-mailed to Karyn.
- Minutes of 12/6/16 read by Janell. Cindy moved, Karyn seconded. Approved
- Approximate balance is $19,522.xx per Robin
Past Show Business:
- Ridgeback trophies bill arrived, given to Robin
Next Show Business: May 13-14, 2017
- All judges are scheduled
- Stewards: Mary Brown, Jennifer Nowell, Karyn Convertini confirmed for both days
- Church kids for help - pending confirmation
- Overnight RV parking will remain at $50/night
- Think about moving the seminar to a different time to increase attendance. Possibly have a signup sheet at the juniors table/ring
- Seminar will be removed from catalog, will be promoted directly at show
- No tack box this year
- Large rosette for best Junior
- Saturday: Scholarship $500 by Monica, and ribbon
- Sunday: Trophy by Melinda
- Photographer: Vicki Holloway
- Judges food will be handled by Karyn, assistance by others TBD
- Vendors: Cost will be $70 for the weekend, including Friday setup
- Robin will send contracts to Trina, regarding 3 vendors
- Bait: Trina will make sure it’s covered. Mary Brown is checking in with her 4H associate to see if they might want to turn it into a fundraising opportunity.
- Judges hotel: Adelaide Inn
- Rhodesian Ridgebacks – Saturday Supported Entry - The RRCUS Bronze Club Medallion will be awarded to the Best of Breed winner, providing that the number of dogs in competition is either: a) 10 Ridgebacks or, b) the combined total number of dogs required in competition, according to the AKC, for a 3-point major in both sexes, in that region, whichever is greater.
- Trina: May be able to set up an ASCA event at the show for both days, separate but sharing the area (similar to barn hunt). IF: Aussies are given 8am ring times. Trina is contacting ASCA and will have them contact her/Robin with ASCA’s response
- NOHS both days
- Hospitality table (wine and cheese): yes
- Ice cream on Sunday: TBD, Janell is willing, just need an “okay”
- 2018 Show: May 12-13, 2018
- Officer Slate for 2017 as written in past minutes open for voting
- Shari moved to accept, Jennifer seconded
- Motion passed
President: Carrie Muir
Vice President: Shari Ziegenbein
Secretary: Janell Fleenor
Treasurer: Karyn Convertini
Show Chair: Robin Blackburn
Next Meeting: Tuesday, February 21st at Petco in San Luis Obispo. (Karyn will call a week beforehand to confirm we have the room.)
Close Meeting: 7:55pm by Carrie
Minute Taker: Secretary Janell Fleenor
- Janell: Got engaged over the holiday!
- Cindy: Best in Show Brace, Palm Springs, both days!
- Melinda: Fell in love with a dog in the 90s, bred and is expecting puppies in March!
- Mary: Brittany Best of Breed both days!
- Karyn: SO MANY AWARDS (to be filled in) that Janell couldn’t keep up!