Country Report and Project Board Display
World Geography Project
The following countries are NOT available for this project:
- United States
- South Korea
- A full 4 page paper (maximum 6 pages) must be typed in size 12, Times New Roman Font; double-spaced; and in a project folder about the country of your choosing. This report will be due Friday, November 3, 2017, to be graded for one test grade. Once graded the corrected report will be due with the display by Wednesday, November 30, 2017.
- Included the following topics in the report and/or on the project board:
- Where in the world this country is located (Maps)
- A brief history
- Current day culture such as food, clothing, homes, etc.
- Things that are native to the country such as animals and crops
- How Christianity is accepted and what other religions are popular
- Any famous missionaries that worked there
- Create a colorful and visually pleasing project board.
- The student will be required to find and make a recipe from their chosen country.. This dish will be part of the Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday, November 22, 2017. A test grade that will be averaged with your display will be given as follows: 100% for completion or 0% if this assignment is not completed.
- Ideas on how to set up a project boards can be found on the last page of this syllabus while ideas for objects that can be put on display can be found at a geography fair HERE.
- Grading will be based on content; creativity of both the project board and the presentation; and a grammatically correct report.
- Completed project (board, paper, and display) due Wednesday, November 30, 2017, in the back of Mrs. Smith’s classroom.
*Beginning Monday, October 23rd, materials must be brought and left in the classroom so that once homework is completed then each student may work on their project. Project Boards may be stored in Mrs. Smith’s classroom and taken to Study Hall to be worked on once all other homework is completed per the discretion of the Study Hall teacher.
- October 9, 2017: Country Chosen
- October 23, 2017: Country Information Due in Class
- October 23-27, 2017: Country Research Paper In-Class Workdays
- November 3, 2017: Country Research Paper Due
- November 8, 2017: Country Project Board Workday
- November 15, 2017: Country Project Board Workday
- November 21, 2017: Country Project Board Workday
- November 22, 2017: Country Recipe Due for Thanksgiving Meal
- November 29, 2017: Project Board Due
- December 10, 2017: Project Boards Displayed at the Project Fair After Church
- Student will be graded on creativity and thoroughness of their research on their chosen Country Report and Project Board Display.
- This grade will count as the two test grades:
- The research paper (One Test Grade)
- Project Board, Display, and Thanksgiving Dish (One Test Grade)
Project Board Examples: