Veteran Empowerment Through Motorsports, Inc. Effectiveness Assessment Policy.
Board Approved: 1/18/16
The Board of Trustees (the “Board”) of Veteran Empowerment Through Motorsports, Inc., an Ohio nonprofit corporation (the “Corporation”) which has qualified for tax-free treatment in accordance with Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3), has adopted the following policy for measuring management’s effectiveness in achieving the Corporation’s goals and objectives:
1. At least once every four calendar years the Board will review the Corporation’s stated mission and, as appropriate, recommend to the members and the next annual meeting of members any modifications to the Corporation’s stated mission which the Board believes to be appropriate in view of changes which may have developed. Following that meeting, the Board will review its goals, policies and programs in light of the mission statement then in effect to determine whether they remain consistent with that statement.
2. At least once every two calendar years the Board will appoint a committee which shall not include the President or Executive Director of the Corporation whose function shall be to evaluate the goals and policies of the Corporation and the effectiveness of the Corporation’s management in developing and carrying out programs in furtherance of those goals and policies.
3. Upon completion of its review, the committee shall prepare a written report summarizing its conclusions and shall present that report to the Board. The report shall set forth at least the following information:
a. The specific activities and programs undertaken by the Corporation in furtherance of its goals and policies.
b. The standards applied by the Committee to determine the effectiveness of the activities and programs and, if considered appropriate by the Committee, the reasons for selecting those standards.
c. The Committee’s conclusions with respect to each activity and program and, if appropriate, the Committee’s recommendations for improving any activity or program.
4. At the request of a majority of the Board the Board shall meet in executive session without the President or the Executive Director present to consider the committee’s report and to determine what measures are appropriate to address any issues presented by the report. The President shall not be present or permitted to vote when the vote to meet in executive session is taken.
5. At the meeting—whether or not in executive session—the Board shall review the Committee’s report and shall consider and adopt any changes to the programs and activities which it considers appropriate.
6. The Committee’s report and the changes adopted by the Board in response to the report shall be published in the Corporation’s next succeeding issue of the newsletter.
VETMotorsports honors and empowers disabled combat veterans through active participation in motorsports.
VETMotorsports • P.O. Box 218203, Upper Arlington, OH 43221
www.VETMotorsports.org • 614.563.8634