SESI/SENAI-SP | Head of the Digital Media Department
Cosac Naify | Head of the Digital Media Department
Responsible for the digital media department
· Creation and implementation of the Digital Books Department;
· Controlling production workflows;
· Contact and evaluation of national and international booksellers;
· Technical and contractual assessment of titles, sales channels and suppliers;
· Cost and sales prospecting analysis;
· Analysis of catalogue similarities and pricing;
· Management of in-house workflows: rights acquisition, ISBNs, hiring and payment of suppliers;
· Producing and adapting print book to digital content;
· Adaptation, correction, completion and validation of titles;
· Creation of a detailed style guide for suppliers;
· Preparation of campaigns;
· Responsible for the process of integration with the aggregator (DLD) [Migration of the catalogue and metadata];
Simplíssimo | E-book Production Manager
Responsible for the production workflow, and also for the review and completion of digital files for over 40 publishers.
· Quality control and suppliers evaluation;
· Contacting national and international suppliers;
· Contacting the publishers and creating a style guide;
· Founder and lecturer of the course ‘Producing e-books with a opensource software’;
· Training and qualification of professionals in publishers and agencies;
· Development of LiveCD Linux (based on OpenSuse) for editing digital books;
Zahar | Production and new media assistant
November 2009 - August 2011
Responsible for the correction, standardization and validation of digital files.
· Code correction and text alterations;
· Creation of an e-book style guide for the suppliers;
· Suppliers evaluation;
Software translation and tutorial - EpubCheck
Translation of all EpubCheck feedback messages and elaboration of tutorial to solve problems.
Consulting at Itaú Cultural
Planning and logistics elaboration (and its execution) for conversion and distribution of more than 800 ebooks. The project included the creation and implemantation of anti-piracy tracking codes for Prêmio Oceanos de Literatura 2016.
Extension course of e-books editing and distribution
Kobo specifications for ePub | Co-author
The book is the commented translation of the official documents for file preparation made available by Kobo.
Colofão [colofao.com.br] | Co-founder and writer
February 2014 - current
Site idealized by digital publishing professionals of different areas, Colofão aims to be an open forum for discussion, sharing of experiences and reflections on the role of digital content within Brazilian publishers market.
Cosac Naify [blog] | Writer
June 2013 - July 2015
Column in the publisher blog about transposition and adaptation of print books to eBooks. Some articles:
I Revolução EBook Conference | Lecturer
Lecture about designing, planning and adapting trade book to digital.
X Editing Forum | Debate
Round table - Beyond the paper: the dynamics of online publishing.
Literary afternoon SENAC | Debate
Debate: Print book and the e-book.
I Forum of Espírito Livre magazine | Lecturer
Lecture about editorial and e-book production with opensource softwares.
NPD Lecture Series | Lecturer
Lecture: what is an e-book and what is its impact in the market?
FreeBSD System Engineer
[ request ]
· Ana Carolina Soler (Google)
· Camila Cabete (Kobo)
· Bruna Benvegnu (Amazon)
· Cristiane Gomes (Bookwire)
· Roberto Vaz (DLD)
· Anibal Bragança (Eduff)
· Bernardo Ajzenberg (Cosac Naify)
· Andre Palme
· José Fernando Tavares
· Ana Tavares
· Cindy Leopoldo
· Fabio Uehara
(Companhia das letras)
· Lúcia dos Reis