SpaceBook Pty Ltd ABN 44 618 217 084
What personal information do we collect and why?
4. Spacebook only collects Personal Information which is reasonably necessary for providing you with the Services, Website and/or Application, and meeting its legal obligations. Spacebook may collect Personal Information about you via any means, including when you deal with us in person, via telephone, e-mail, or through the Website. The type of personal information collected from you will depend on the nature of your dealings with Spacebook and the Website, and may include:
a. your name, title/occupation, employer and date of birth;
b. various home and business contact details;
c. rental history;
d. IP Address and standard web-log information;
e. details of transactions you carry out through the Website and or Application;
f. details of your visits to the Website and/or dealings with the Application including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access; and
g. where applicable, a profile picture or other photograph of you.
Accessing and correcting your personal information.
5. Spacebook takes reasonable steps to make sure that the Personal Information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If you want to access, update or otherwise use your personal information please contact us via email at email@example.com. There is no charge for this service. However, we may refuse to provide you with certain information where permitted or required by law.
Purposes for collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information
6. Spacebook may use your Personal Information to:
a. ensure that content from the Website and/or Application is presented in the most effective manner to you (for instance by automatically populating forms on the web site by which you make enquiries of selected estate agents);
b. provide the Services to you;
c. allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, Website and or Application when you choose to do so;
d. notify you about changes to our Services, Website and/or Application and remind you of your password and username;
e. provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we believe you may be interested in unless you notify us otherwise; and
f. where you give us your permission, share your information with our service providers and other third parties so that they can contact you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or services.
Additionally, you should be aware that submitting an enquiry regarding a Listing through the Website or Application will result in your Personal Information being passed to the owner of the Listing or credit reporting agencies. Spacebook is not responsible for the way the Listing owners (including property managers, real estate, commercial agents and space owners) collect, use, disclose or handle your Personal Information.
Who do we disclose your information to?
7. Depending on your dealings with us and/or on the Website, we may disclose your Personal Information to any of the following types of organisations:
a. listing owners, and commercial property space owners, commercial property developers, casual mall leasing space and property agents or real estate agencies;
b. credit reporting and checking agencies;
c. third party suppliers who we have engaged to provide you or the listing owner with goods or services on our behalf, so that they can provide those goods or services;
d. where we have your permission, third party suppliers of goods and services so that they can contact you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or services. If we do disclose your personal information for this purpose, we will always give you the opportunity to request that your information not be disclosed for this purpose in future; and/or
e. where appropriate, the relevant public authorities or our legal representatives.
8. There may be circumstances in which we need to transfer Personal Information outside Australia, including to Singapore. If we do so, we endeavour to ensure that any organisation to which the information is transferred will be subject to binding privacy obligations.
Holding and securing your personal information
9. We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information and delete or de-identify it when it is no longer required, including through a range of physical and electronic security measures.
10. You may choose to remain anonymous by not providing your Personal Information to us. However, in such circumstances, we may not be able to provide our Services to you.
Problems and Questions
11. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if:
12. Spacebook will work with you to address any concerns you may have.
13. Application means SpaceBook’s mobile application device that provides access to the Services.
14. Listing means a short-term Space that is listed by a Listing owner as available for occupation or hire via the Services.
15. Personal Information means information or an opinion about you where your identity is clearly or reasonably apparent, whether or not that information is recorded in a material form.
16. Services includes services provided by or in connection with the accessibility to SpaceBook’s online and mobile platforms that connects Listing owners who have vacant or underutilised short-term rental space with those seeking such space, whether the online platform is accessed via the Website or Application.
17. Space means a short-term rental space.
18. Terms and Conditions means SpaceBook’s prevailing Terms and Conditions accessible on its website at http://www.gospacebook.com/policies.
19. Website includes other affiliated websites run by Spacebook.