Classroom Winter Reading Contest
For Birth- Grade 12
Registration Begins Friday January 6, 2017
Contest runs between January 6 and March 17, 2017
RULES and GUIDELINES
Winter reading participants are asked to write brief book reviews, each of which counts as an entry in a prize drawing. The more books you submit, the more chances you have to win! Submissions can be Juvenile Fiction or Non-Fiction, YA Fiction, or Adult Fiction and Non-Fiction. If students age 16 and above would like to register individually, please register in the Adult Online Reading Contest
What must be included:
· Title and author of the book
· Original reviews and descriptions only, please do not copy an existing review or description of the book.
3. Did you like the book?...Why or why not?
· You may also include: Are there similar authors or books others might like? Have you liked other books by the author?
The reviews are subject to approval by staff librarians. The library reserves the right to edit or remove reviews that do not follow these guidelines.
Who Can Participate?
The contest is open to classrooms in Erie County, or those whose students are eligible to sign up for a library card in the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System.
You do not need to have a library card to enter the contest.
In order to write their reviews the participants can read any book, it does not have to be a book belonging to the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library.
All grades, Pre- K – 12 are eligible for participation.
The expectations for the reviews can be found above under “Book Reviews” under “Rules and Guidelines” on the first page of this document.
At least five (5) reviews must be submitted in order to be considered eligible for the prize drawing. Each book review submitted will count as an entry into the prize raffle, but the more you enter the contest the more you increase your chances of having your class being drawn in the raffle at the end of the contest.
The Children’s Programming Team will be responsible for monitoring the contest and administering prizes.
There will be one winning classroom in this competition. The winning classroom will receive:
· A gift card for the teacher for the purpose of craft and classroom supplies
· Each participating child in the winning classroom will receive a certificate of completion and a small, age-appropriate prize pack.
Contest registration ends on March 17, 2017.
Winner will be contacted after March 27, 2017.
Questions please call 858-8900.