Position/Title: Teacher -Substitute
Reports To: Lead Teacher
FT/PT Classification: Part-Time,On-Call
Dates: September 2014 - June 2015
Our mission is to partner with family and church to provide an atmosphere that encourages and equips students to do the following:
- Know, Love, and Serve Christ
- Think and Act in Accordance with the Bible
- Strive for Academic Excellence
Your role in this mission is to provide an excellent guest teaching experience for CCS students instilling in them the framework of a Christian worldview in Christian integrity, knowledge and skills needed to be a productive citizen and a passionate learner.
This position will be responsible for:
- Spiritual Leadership: Demonstrate their walk with Christ through speech, actions, attitude and active church involvement. They should have a commitment to biblical worldview integration with their curriculum.
- Following Lesson Plans : Provide the students with a quality lesson based on plans provided to you by the teacher.
- Communication : Reach out and communicate with students and staff in a proactive and productive manner. Always asking instead of assuming.
- Classroom Environment : Promote and maintain a healthy, interactive, well-managed, classroom that is welcoming and hospitable.
- Flexible & Understanding: As a guest in the classroom, subs must maintain a flexible outlook and understanding that things may change.
- Professionalism: Each sub is expected to arrive on time with a professional appearance and confidence necessary to start the work day.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: Classroom/teaching experience is preferred. Teaching credentials/certification will increase your opportunities to sub with us.
- Basic Skills: Possess a positive and flexible nature with a professional appearance and demeanor.
Expectations for All CCS Teachers & Substitutes
Substitute teachers at Claiborne Christian School are expected to :
- Be punctual for all assignments, arriving in the classroom by 7:20 am if subbing a full-day, in time to review all information left by the classroom teacher.
- Follow all instructions left by the teacher, holding students accountable for the work that is expected to be done.
- Manage classroom behavior, holding firm boundaries with students and minimizing distractions.
- Monitor students’ work and behavior. To do this effectively, we ask that subs refrain from using their cell-phones to text, make calls, or use social media while supervising a class.
- Adhere to all school-wide policies & procedures as listed in the handbook, accessible at www.claibornechristian.org.
- Leave helpful feedback for the classroom teacher in the form provided in his or her sub folder.
If this sounds like you, please email your completed application to ‘Jobs@ClaiborneChristian.org’, along with your answers to the following seven questions in the body of the email. Please answer each question in one hundred words or less.
- Where do you live? (i.e. West Monroe, Monroe, etc.)
- Do you meet all the qualifications listed in the job description? (Yes/No/Partially, Explain?)
- Do any of the duties described give you pause?
- Have you ever been a sub before? (When & Where?)
- How would you describe your spiritual journey?
- Why do you want this job?
- Can you provide three references from former employers or those who have observed you teaching or working with kids, if requested to do so?
Thanks for considering this position. We look forward to hearing from you. We will respond to your email within forty-eight hours of receiving it.