Dairy-Free Potato Soup
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 medium potatoes, cut into bite size squares
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 garlic clove, diced
1 cup diced broccoli (about 1/3 head of broccoli)
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
1 Tbsp. wheat-free tamari
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in soup pan. Add onions and saute until translucent, 3-4 minutes.
- Add carrots and garlic. Saute another 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes. Stir in pepper, parsley, tamari, bay leaf, and chicken broth. Turn heat up and bring to boil (It took my soup about 10 minutes to boil).
- Once the soup begins to boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer until the potatoes are thoroughly cooked and begin to break apart, about 40 minutes.
- Take out the bay leaf. Add the broccoli, almond milk, cinnamon and hot sauce. Stir occasionally about 4 minutes, until the broccoli is cooked.
Find the original recipe at The Daily Dietribe.