CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description - Activity Leader
Title: Activity Leader *Position may be shared
Reports to: The Camp Life Director and Program Director
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp meetings, training and orientations. During camp times will vary-evenings only.
Plan and lead activities (non police-fire-ems) according to the CampHERO master schedule. Work directly with girls. Set up and break-down the needed equipment. Assure the safety of girls and volunteers. Direct Crew Leaders as needed.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement activities for campers (non police-fire-ems).
- Request and assemble all needed equipment and supplies.
- Lead groups of girls (20-32) in various planned activities.
- Give positive feedback and encouragement.
- Manage disruptive or unsafe behaviors.
- Work with Crew Leaders and other volunteer staff.
- Assure the health and safety of girls and volunteers.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Be or become a registered member of the Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Current valid driver’s license.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.