Google Chrome: Basic
Demonstration of Learning
Google Chrome is a web browser that works on any device. Chrome OS is an operating system that the Chromebooks run on - which is basically just the same as the Chrome browser. Mastering the basics of Chrome will help you be more efficient every time you use your computer.
- Open Google Drive in a tab
- Bookmark Google Drive, save it to the Bookmarks Bar
- If Bookmark Bar is not showing, turn on “Show Bookmark Bar”
- Create a new folder in your bookmarks
- Download a PDF (if you don’t have one, use this PDF) to your Chromebook (or device)
- Find the PDF on your Chromebook (or device) in your DOWNLOADS folder
- You can use the files app
- You can type chrome://downloads into your omnibox
- Take a screenshot of your “Downloads” folder
- Make sure the screenshot includes the downloads folder so I can see that you know where your downloads folder is!
- Find your screenshot on your device
- You will attach this screenshot in your evidence when you submit
- Go to the Chrome Basic badge (on renewownyourlearning.com)
- Attach your screenshot* and simply click “Submit” at the bottom.
****Your screenshot should include a view of your downloads folder, so I can see that you know where your downloads go!
To see your downloads, you can either:
1 - find the files app icon:
2 - type chrome://downloads into your omnibox