Run a HUGE collection of apps
over 40,000 education apps!
Downloadable through the iTunes App Store
- Run iPhone or iPod apps
- Allow for multitasking,
- with the new iOS 7 update
- Include a wide range of accessibility options
- Increased font size, text-to-speech, color inversion, subtitles/captions, and more
- Access the Internet with its native browser, Safari, but can also run alternative browsers
- Play video streamed from iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, etc.,
- as well as self-contained videos captured with the device itself.
Connect to a projector using a “dongle” (Apple pin to VGA Adapter)
- only displays video (it does not “mirror” your device onto your screen
- Mirror to a projected surface via a computer using:
- Allow users to type with an on-screen keyboard, and even more easily with a wireless (bluetooth) keyboard
- Access Google Docs
- View PDF files
- BOUNCE! Classroom devices need protective cases.
- Have to worry about viruses
- Have an external storage slot (ex: SD card)
- Play CDs or DVDs
- Print (...not easily, anyway)
- Support Flash
- ex: numerous games and interactive websites