Middletown Springs Public Library
Regular Trustee Meeting
Wednesday, August 22, 2018
Present: Diane Rosenmilller, Kimberly Bushnell, Kristal Hier, Patty McWilliams, Beth Miller
1. Call to Order 7:10
2. Changes, Additions, Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of Minutes
· Patty moved to approved; Kristal seconded; motion carried
4. Policy Review & Discussion
· Tabled until September
5. Treasurer’s Report
· Beth moved to approve Treasurer’s Report; Diane seconded; motion carried
6. Librarian’s Report
7. Friends Update
· Will not be doing a yard sale this next year
· Will be doing a collaborative event with Historical Society in October
· Currently working on Taste of Middletown event with live auction
· Plant talks have been very successful; beekeeping talk in September
· Next meeting September 18; Kristal and Kimberly to attend
8. Old Business
· Community Calendar – all materials back to Kimberly by September 24.
· Building Committee – moving along well
· Building upgrades – will being painting shelves in the evenings; could use new blinds; painting tabled until winter.
9. New Business
· Meeting Room Policy Language – will address in policy discussions in September
· Strategic Planning – Beth to contact Kathy Letendre to see availability and cost. Possibly to begin October/November.
· Maple tree replacement discussed; will continue to consider how to move forward with this.
· Stairs to the children’s area will benefit by having a small handrail. – Kimberly to ask Andy.
10. Other Lawful Business
11. Next Meeting Date – September 26 at 7pm.