Chef Rules Sheet Saturday May 20th | 2017 | 10am- 7pm | Rain or Shine
Thank you for being a part of this year’s Cook-off! We appreciate your participation!
We are an all-volunteer organization doing our very best to make this exciting and fun event a reality! We are committed to improving the event each year. We ask you to be a good sport and be an ambassador for the event and your team. We hope you have a great time and make many new friends while you compete and cook for the ticket holders.
- Each team will be able to choose 2 steaks at the 9:00am cooks meeting (bring your own containers).
- Cooks may cook only the meat provided by the cookoff. Any cook submitting “outside meat” will be disqualified. The steaks will be rib-eyes provided by the Steak Cookoff.
- Each cooking team may use any type of fuel. (wood, charcoal, propane, etc)
- Steaks will be judged with regard to taste, appearance, texture, and tenderness.
- Each team is required to have access to a fire extinguisher.
- The entire field will be judged by FIVE judge’s pre group (total of 3 groups). Each group will identify their top ten and that is how the top 30 are determined.
- The Top 30 steaks will be judged against each other to pick the winners placing 1st thru 10th.The top 30 chefs will pick their 2 steaks for the final round.
- Competition steaks will be submitted in provided boxes. Any markings on the steaks will disqualify the team.
- Turn-in time will be specific, no steaks will be judged if submitted after turn-in time. The turn in times will be announced at the cookers meeting Saturday morning.
- There will be no unauthorized vending from your team cooking space. You may arrange a special agreement for an additional cost.
- Hors d’oeuvres must be submitted at 11:00am at the judging station. You may cook anything you would like to submit for the Hors d'oeuvres competition. You must submit at least 7 samples. One per team only.
- Set up by 9:00am on the day of the event is mandatory: You may set up Friday afternoon after 2:00pm.
- All vehicles must be out of the event area by 9:00am Saturday morning.
- No ATV’s or golf carts allowed in the event area after 10:00am except event staff vehicles.
There will be a mandatory cooks' meeting at 9:00am on Saturday in front of the stage. All additional questions and information will be handled at that time. You will not be eligible to cook if you are not at the meeting.
All announcements will be made at the stage.
- Judges' ruling and selection will be final. Period.
- Kenny Giessner is the Chairman for the 13th annual Texas Steak Cookoff. All questions and decisions will be handled and decided upon by him and Sherry Schane, the backyard chef chairperson. Their decision regarding the competitors and the procedures will be final.
- Other conditions not relating to how to prepare your entry will be discussed at the cooks' meeting mentioned above.
- You will receive a timeline of events on the day of the cookoff. Please call 817.875-5059 with any questions that cannot wait until the event!
817.875-5059 | P.O. Box 335, Hico, Texas 76457 | firstname.lastname@example.org