Blake Middle School
Student User Guidelines
- The student will follow the policies outlined in the Medfield Public Schools Acceptable Use Policy and the Student Handbook while at school and at home at all times.
- The student will use devices in ways that are appropriate, meet the expectations of the Medfield Public Schools, and are educational. Devices should not be used outside of the classroom setting during school hours unless a teacher or building administrator gives prior permission.
- The student takes full responsibility for his or her device and keeps it with himself or herself or locked in his or her locker at all times. The school is not responsible for the security of the device.
- For devices brought in from home, the student is responsible for the proper care of his/her personal device, including cost of repair, replacement or any modifications needed to use the device at school.
- The student will use the Medfield Public Schools network. Use of 3G and 4G wireless communications is not permitted.
- The student will use appropriate language when using digital communications such as e-mail, journals, wikis, etc.
- The student may not use the devices to record, transmit, or post photos or video of a person or persons on campus without express permission of a teacher or building administrator. Nor can any images or video recorded at school be transmitted or posted at any time without the express permission of a teacher or building administrator.
- The student will only use his/her iPad in areas that are deemed appropriate, and will comply with teachers’ request(s) to shut down or put the device in ‘sleep mode’.
- The school reserves the right to inspect a student’s personal device if there is a reason to believe that the student has violated the Medfield Public Schools Acceptable Use Policy, school handbook rules, administrative procedures, school rules or has engaged in misconduct while using his/her personal device.
- Violations of any of the policies, guidelines, and rules stated above involving a student’s personally owned device may result in the loss of use of the device in school and/or disciplinary action.
- The student should not loan out his/her device nor give his/her password to other individuals.
As a student, I understand and will abide by the above guidelines. I further understand that any violation of the above may result in the loss of my network and/or device privileges as well as other disciplinary action.
As a parent/guardian, I understand that my child will be responsible for abiding by the above guidelines. I have read and discussed them with him/her and he/she understands the responsibility he/she has in the use of his/her personal device.
Student Name (Please Print):_______________________________________________________
Student Signature: ______________________________________ Date: ___________________
Parent/Guardian Name (Please Print): _______________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature: ______________________________ Date: ____________________
** Form Updated on 8/11/14