Team Composition - Competitive Tournament:
- Teams may be comprised of 1 or 2 outfits.
- The LaneSmash Organizers will notify all parties when the Tournament Officially begins, any players who join participating outfits after this time must wait 30 days before being allowed to participate in a match.
- If a third outfit is required to field a team, requests must be made to the LaneSmash Admins, giving a good reason why they are needed. A few restrictions apply to teams granted exceptions
- If this is the case, no outfit on the team may bring less than 6 players
- A team may have up to 3 non-outfit players (or 4 if they are a single outfit team)
- These are set in stone for the entire tournament. If one of them drops out, you must replace them from the outfits participating in the team.
- The time and manner in which you will submit these will be given once signups are over
- Every team must have 2 points of contact
- Each contact must have two methods of contacting them
Rosters - Competitive Tournament
- For each match, full rosters are due 48 hours before the match. Submitted to /r/lanesmash
- All team reps will be given a template for rosters, it must be used.
- A “Full” Roster includes:
- Substitutions may be made only from the 6 listed subs
- Substitutions may only be made pre-match, and before a tiebreaker, if a player leaves, you will play with the loss
- For 3-outfit teams, the rosters after substitutions must still comply with the above restrictions
- Team reps must be present 1 hour prior to match start in PlanetsideBattles TS, to finalize rosters, including pre-match substitutions.
Match Set-up - Competitive Tournament
- A coin toss will occur at least 2 weeks before the match
Starting Positions/Prep - Competitive Tournament
- Participants may go to their starting base 30 minutes before match start
- They may pull any vehicles/maxes/etc they wish, but must remain in the starting hex
- On Esamir, MBTs are allowed to be pulled before the start of the match
Match Rules - Competitive Tournament
- If you refuse to play a team because of their region, you don’t like an outfit, ect.
- Vehicles may only be pulled from the bases in play
- These are the bases that comprise the Lane
- Galaxies may be pulled from Warpgate, but must go straight from the warpgate to it’s starting hex before going anywhere else.
- This rule also applies to Esamir MBTs
- Galaxies, Valkyries and Sunderers may go up to 1 hex outside the lane in play.
- All other vehicles and infantry must stay in the lane
- Any clear violation of this rule will penalize the offender 1 point per person outside the lane
- Galaxies are permitted to load up at the Warpgate but must still proceed to the starting hex before going anywhere else.
- NOTE: Resource boosts are disabled on Jaeger
Base Values - Competitive Tournament
- A single point base is worth 1 point
- A 3 point base is worth 3 points
- A home base is worth 5 points
Seeding - Round Robin New
- For determining seeding, the following will be the succession of tiebreakers
- Tiebreaker 1: Win/Loss Record
- Tiebreaker 2: Total Score
- Tiebreaker 3: Record vs
- If two teams are tied, the team that beat the other in the round robin wins
- Tiebreaker 4: If there is a 3-way tie and Record vs is not clear, the LaneSmash team will, at our discretion, devise a way to determine seeding.
Tiebreaker - Competitive Tournament Under Review
- In the event that a match ties, the following is used to determine the winner
- Out of a list of special lanes, one will be chosen for the tiebreaker
- These lanes will comprise exactly 3 bases, 2 home bases and one neutral
- No air vehicles may be used on these lanes
- The match is over when one team captures the neutral base
Match Timing - Competitive Tournament
- Each round will last 30 minutes with a 15 minute halftime between the two halves.