- St Nectans, the 12th Century Ashcombe Church, is one institution the Club will always support. The Grade I listed building needs £150,000 worth of repairs and renovations.
- Dawlish Disability Transport - taking disabled people to hospital appointments and important events constantly need funds their fleet’s rising costs of fuel and maintenance.
- AIMS who require funds to support children with special needs and their families in Dawlish.
- The Dawlish Garden Trust - providing meaningful work experience and socialisation for individuals with learning difficulties. By training people in horticulture and art and music it creates encouragement and skills for later life. The trust was formed in 1993 and has up to 70 attendees at any time.
- The Addington Fund - Supports farmers and their families who are in financial difficulties by providing them with somewhere to live. See their letter of thanks here and you can also see their own website write up on the event here
- The Devon Air Ambulance - a vital service, saving lives throughout Devon, run entirely from voluntary contributions and particularly relevant to remote rural locations
- Trinity Sailing Trust Foundation - supporting the personal development of disadvantaged young people through offshore sail training aboard historic Brixham Trawlers. The foundation has a remarkable success rate in turning around young lives that might otherwise have not reached any potential. The Foundation also seeks to preserve the important heritage of the three 19th Century vessels.
We present charity cheques at our AGM every year. Over £50,000 in the last five years
Some Club events are dedicated to raising money for a specific charity and profits from others will be put into a pot and distributed equally at the end of the year.
In addition The Ashcombe Scuffle Events are raising money for repairing the church. Attendance in St Nectans has been falling for the last few years so it needs lots of financial support.
Our work is widely recognised and letters like this from our local MP keep us focused on achieving more.