William C. Kutz Jr. Memorial Scholarship
The Wilson Education Association sponsors a scholarship to honor a fellow teacher who died during only his second year at Wilson High School. This $1000 award is presented to a Wilson senior who plans to pursue a career in teaching and who had a positive impact on Wilson High School.
The following criteria must be met:
- Minimum 80% average in all major subjects at the end of the 2nd quarter (include transcript copy & current report card print-out)
- A course load of at least 6 majors
- Evidence of a career goal in teaching
- Kutz Memorial Scholarship application form (at WEA website – www.wilsonea.net)
- 2 letters of recommendation from teachers or counselors concerning the student’s work ethic and impact on Wilson High School
- A one page resume
- A one page essay on what makes a good teacher and why you have selected a career goal in teaching
- All materials must be submitted to Mr. Wagner at Wilson High School - Upper House (E210) by Friday, April 6, 2018
Successful applicants will be invited to the Academic Awards Ceremony in May for recognition.
Visit the website for information and the application form