The rules what keep you from getting banned
BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER
VRChat is a polite place filled with creative and interesting people who love building things in virtual reality and having fun.
Our Moderators have been granted a lot of laissez-faire in order to try to keep it that way, so rule number one is to do whatever you can not to negatively impact the experience of other users.
EXERCISE PROPER MIC ETIQUETTE
- If you’re going to be away from the computer for a while? Mute your microphone.
- Try to keep your microphone broadcasting at reasonable levels - if you’re too close to the microphone or too far away from the microphone, you’re going to negatively impact the experience for people around you.
- Any profanity should be kept at a minimum, and should not be used when addressing others.
- Hateful speech of any kind is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to hateful speech involving any of the following subjects:
- Racial / Ethnic
- Sexual Orientation
- Gender / Age
- The following, which applies to avatars, worlds & YouTube video walls, are explicitly forbidden:
- Sexual or profane content. Based upon the nature of such content, our moderation team will review on a case by case basis.
- Exposed genitalia, bare buttocks, and content displaying female nipple/aureola.
- Overtly sexual avatars. Please use your best judgement when creating avatars.
- At VRChat we understand and are aware of the differences between sharing a classic work of art and something clearly offensive. This gray area will be determined by our team of moderators.
- VRChat public worlds are not a place to promote your business, nor are private rooms for which you do not have explicit permission to do so from the room creator. If you wish to promote a product or service through VRChat in a public space, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for discussion on potential ways we could work together.
- VRChat public spaces are also not the place to spread religious beliefs and viewpoints.
- We understand that politics is intertwined with daily events. Political debates are not welcome in VRChat unless in a private space where all participants are aware and accepting of the discussion. Under no circumstances are political debates allowed in public spaces. As soon as any discussion becomes a hostile environment, we will take appropriate action.
INTERFERENCE & ASSAULT
- This includes actions such as moving avatars against their will, or blocking avatars in a space in which they cannot move.
- Discussing or engaging in illegal activities on VrChat is forbidden.
- This also pertains to any action or statement associated with drug activity or direct selling of drugs.
DISTRIBUTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Publishing private or identifying information about other community members is forbidden, even if they have already revealed that information.
IMPERSONATING A VRCHAT EMPLOYEE
- Do not impersonate a VRChat employee, or spread misinformation about VRChat.
PETITIONS & PROTESTS
- All questions and concerns should be emailed to email@example.com. Any effort to organize a petition or protest on official VRChat channels is forbidden. These include but are not limited to VRChat, the VRChat subreddit, and the VRChat Community Slack.
TROLLING & HARASSMENT
- Will not be tolerated.
- Do not repeatedly follow, message, or interact with other community members after being asked to stop.
HACKS, MALICIOUS PROGRAMS, OR CIRCUMVENTING ACCOUNT SUSPENSION/TERMINATION
- Evidence of being involved in such actions will not be tolerated.
IF YOU SEE A PROBLEM, ALERT A MODERATOR
We keep a pretty active presence in VRChat, and our Moderators are usually online and always happy to help if someone is being disruptive.
If you can’t find a moderator, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll try to send one quickly.
BAD THINGS THAT MIGHT HAPPEN
Disruptive accounts might be kicked from a room temporarily, banned from VRChat temporarily, or in some extreme cases, banned from VRChat permanently.
If you feel that you have been blocked mistakenly, send us an e-mail at email@example.com and we will take a closer look at your case.
PARTY ON, DUDES