Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
12.08.14 at 7pm – Beech Street
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission - The Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori Methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
Montessori Moment – Josh
Next Montessori Moment:
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- Motion to adopt agenda (with any needed changes)
- Community Member Forum: Community members may use this time to speak to the board; five minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please contact Julie Suckla at email@example.com.
- Status of previous meeting’s action items – Tamia
- Consent Agenda, if applicable
- BOD President (Specific Time – i.e. 7:10 – 7:15)
- Discussion: Schedule change for Board Meetings to 4:30-6:15pm
(CH may move to 6:30-8:15, discussion needed with their Board to confirm)
- Executive Director (7:15-7:30)
- Business Manager (7:30-7:45)
- Building & Location Committee (7:45-7:50)
- New Business
- December 12th, 10 am @ San Juan Coffee for Building & Location Committee
- December 15th, Staff Meeting/Holiday Celebration
- December 17th -- Kiva Family Winter Social -- 5pm-7pm @ Beech St.
- Next BOD meeting: January 12th
- Review all Action Items – Tamia