CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Public Information Officer
Title: Public Information Officer *Position may be shared
Reports to: Incident Commander
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp training, orientations and meetings. During camp, times will vary Post camp meetings and reporting.
Plan and implement the CampHERO marketing plan. Communicate with media and interested agencies. Produce CampHERO print and electronic media.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the CampHERO marketing plan.
- Coordinate and oversee the work of all volunteers involved in marketing or reporting on CampHERO.
- Generate and schedule media interest in CampHERO (TV, newspaper, radio, other).
- Work with other volunteers to produce print materials for use in promoting CampHERO to girls, volunteers, sponsors/donors/partners.
- Assure a consistent image and message is communicated through all CampHERO media.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Incident Commander and Section Chiefs.
- Work with other volunteer staff as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Must be or become a registered member of GSUSA.
- Expertise in the areas of marketing and graphic design.
- Excellent communication skills.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.