CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Instructor Assistant
Title: Instructor Assistant *Position may be shared
Reports to: Instructor
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp meetings, training and orientations. Camp dates and times will vary.
Under the direction of Instructors, assist in delivery of lesson plans, set-up and break-down. Assure the health and safety of girls and volunteers.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Instructor in implementing CampHERO lesson plans, staying within the scope and meeting the objectives.
- Assist in assembling all needed equipment and supplies.
- Assist in setting up teaching station as needed.
- Assist the instructor in teaching groups of campers.
- Give positive feedback and encouragement.
- Manage disruptive or unsafe behaviors.
- Work with Crew Leaders and other volunteer staff.
- Assure the health and safety of girls and volunteers.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Knowledge of the area of instruction.
- Current valid driver’s license.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.