Samuel’s Writing Sample
In the Bright Bugs we have been learning to:
- Have an idea to write about.
- Talk about my idea and count the words in my story on my fingers. (Finger Story)
- Draw a picture plan: A picture that shows the main thing I am going to write about. It has to match my story idea.
- Write letters or words across the page.
- Write ‘fast words’: Use words in my story that I know how to write.
- Write ‘looking words’: Words that I can see on my alphabet card or around the classroom.
- Write the sounds that I can hear in tricky words. e.g. house - ‘hws’ or bike - ‘bik’ or school - ‘skl’
- Put ‘finger spaces’ between each word so my story is easy to read.
Nicole has highlighted in green the things I am consistently doing at the moment in my writing. The red highlight is what I am working on now.
Here is a sample of my fantastic writing.